Go with the flow DUDE.....*a few final thoughts 10/19

Fun morning so far at AK! What FP did you miss? EE?

How cool that you got to get together with a dear friend you had never met before!

:hug:

I also loved how you did the mix and match with all the kids- nice to have the extra adults so you can go different ways.

GREAT pictures from Dinosaur and EE!

:goodvibes

Great start to your AK morning, friend.

So glad you go ta DIS meet first thing with one of your RC group. And so great the kids got along and you got to do Dinosaur twice.

You look like me "holding on for Dear Life" in the EE pic although I have never done EE, I do not like roller coaster type rides :)

Sounds like you had a Fantastic DIS meet. I take pics all the time but forget the important ones like when I met MAGIC :confused:

Can't wait to read more! :yay:

Loving your trip report! ! Sounds like you had the most amazing trip. I am enjoying your adventure on so many levels.
We are also a family from NJ, and also planning a Disney trip, for August of 2015. It will be our first trip in 5 years, and my boys will be 10 & 12. I am so happy to see your 13 yr old having so much fun, because my soon to be 12 yr old DS is entering the era of eye rolls and "whatever"s. I was becoming a bit worried that the Disney experience might be "below" him at this stage. Your son gives me hope!:)
Now, if only the school calendar will come out so I can make my plans into reality.
Write on!!! We want more of you TR!
:welcome: to the DIS and my TR! Great to have a Jersey neighbor stop in! :goodvibes There was a LOT of eye rolls when we made our WDW plans. My DS13 (all my kids) love Universal Orlando). And DS13 loves coasters! The beauty of vacation is the kids turn back into kids (so do I). He was totally helpful and loving to all of his siblings, and the "attitude" factor was way lower at Disney then at home. It would be cool if our dates coincided!! And I will happily spend the next year chatting up our plans with you! :thumbsup2 DS13 starts HS next year, so we may have to push up the dates a wee bit for orientation and all that fun stuff. Plus I have to await DHs "on-call" schedule :rolleyes2 HATE the wait :faint:

ITA with Tweedles - "We want more!"

What a fun DISmeet doing a DISkid swap. Loving the attraction photos and how you and Brian are both trying to hold on to your kids! We don't want them flying out of their seats.

Janet needs to accompany you everywhere as your personal Disney iPhone photographer.

:rotfl2: More to come, that is SO funny DH and I are doing the EXACT same "hold the bar down". DH does worry about Bree (DD7 for all others) flying out since she is such a peanut. She still gets measured on the rides, which she happily complies with now :)

Fun morning so far at AK! What FP did you miss? EE?

How cool that you got to get together with a dear friend you had never met before!

I also loved how you did the mix and match with all the kids- nice to have the extra adults so you can go different ways.

GREAT pictures from Dinosaur and EE!

:goodvibes
So smart you are, :hug: we DID miss EE. babyberger AKA Melissa and I booked our FP together at the 60 day mark. I was bummed to miss it, but luckily we didn't miss the meet. My DH enjoyed meeting them, he said I've hit the jackpot with nice Disney friends:goodvibes When we went to EE there was a 20 minute wait, so we did stand-by (no DAS). I always liked the queue there, and my DS (both of them) liked the "poop" exhibit...of course they did :blush:

I am glad you like the pics, I usually stay far, far away from the camera..no makeup..frizzbucket hair, but it was vacation so WHO cares ;)

Great start to your AK morning, friend.

So glad you go ta DIS meet first thing with one of your RC group. And so great the kids got along and you got to do Dinosaur twice.

I wish I lived closer to ALL my DISfriends, my kids enjoyed meeting new, sweet friends. And AK is my DHs favorite park now. So glad we hit it early, since we would return again (and again) :goodvibes

You look like me "holding on for Dear Life" in the EE pic although I have never done EE, I do not like roller coaster type rides :)

Sounds like you had a Fantastic DIS meet. I take pics all the time but forget the important ones like when I met MAGIC :confused:

Can't wait to read more! :yay:
I used to be the go-to parent for coasters Sheila. Now not so much :faint: EE was rough on the body in comparison to the other coasters...IMO

The :hug: from Melissa was worth 1,000,000 pics. I am always so busy "taking it all in" to take pics. I remember you "Magic" meet at BW :hug:

Safari time:cool1:

When we left EE, we had 12 minutes exactly to make it to our Safari FastPass. I looked at the line app and the wait was 45 minutes. Technically, we could have used a DAS but I went into crazy park commando Mommy mode :duck: This did NOT fare well with the kids being 95 degrees out and "I have to pee, I am thirsty.." you get the idea. We made it! With 7 minutes to spare :cool1: And we got front row, which was really cool. :goodvibes All the animals were out too! There were a few pics I couldn't get because DS5 was getting frustrated with me taking pictures and just wanted to see the animals.

DS5 got WAY nervous going over the "breaking" bridge :faint: (he sat on the far left side), and I didn't know they got rid of the poachers :worried:

All in all it was an excellent safari:thumbsup2

These pics are TOTALLY in random order ;)

A fuzzy elephant...sorry

Ok Mom..enough:upsidedow

Isn't a Fuzzy Elephant a drink at Sanaa? I think it's cute that Brian didn't like the "collapsing bridge," but I hope his fear didn't last too long. We are bad passengers and like to act like the bridge is indeed ready to collapse with a lot of WHOAS and EEKS! Much to the chagrin of our teen DD:rolleyes2

Great pictures of the safari, Jeanette...fuzzy elephant and all. Too funny that DS5 wanted you to stop taking pictures. I'm surprised they let him sit on the end. I thought kids under certain age had to sit in the middle. I love the front row. Just don't ever do the back row.:faint:

WDWKOOK said:
Isn't a Fuzzy Elephant a drink at Sanaa? I think it's cute that Brian didn't like the "collapsing bridge," but I hope his fear didn't last too long. We are bad passengers and like to act like the bridge is indeed ready to collapse with a lot of WHOAS and EEKS! Much to the chagrin of our teen DD:rolleyes2
I think I'd love a drink named fuzzy elephant ;) He thanked our driver for our trip so I think he was better. Plus he went back on another day. LOL I would love to see your DDs face :)

KatMark said:
Great pictures of the safari, Jeanette...fuzzy elephant and all. Too funny that DS5 wanted you to stop taking pictures. I'm surprised they let him sit on the end. I thought kids under certain age had to sit in the middle. I love the front row. Just don't ever do the back row.:faint:
He was on the left so I guess since I was next to him it was okay...first time for me ever in the front Kathy! I think he felt I was intruding on his viewing space taking pictures LOL

I'm impressed y'all were able to make it. I love the picture of the giraffe sitting down. I know when I'm there in December I am going to take a ton of pictures on the safari.

I am so glad you made it over to the Safari in time for your FP! The standby queue for the safari is not Disney's best work- certainly not like the interesting exhibits and display in the EE line.

You got some nice pictures in the window during which you were allowed to take photos!

Animal Kingdom is my least favorite park in the heat. They really nailed the tropical environment there!

:sunny:

Sheraton pics from the Safari ride. I always seem to get the worst seat for trying to snap pics and last time we rode it was so bumpy (maybe because we were in the back?) I thought my back was gonna go out lol
everything can seem so real at Disney I don't blame your son for getting scared on the bridge. Fun times and great memories to cherish :)

Sheraton pics from the Safari ride. I always seem to get the worst seat for trying to snap pics and last time we rode it was so bumpy (maybe because we were in the back?) I thought my back was gonna go out lol
everything can seem so real at Disney I don't blame your son for getting scared on the bridge. Fun times and great memories to cherish :)
Sheila, the back is definitely more bumpy!! We got lucky that ride in all the animals seemed to be out and close to the trail!:goodvibes

I'm impressed y'all were able to make it. I love the picture of the giraffe sitting down. I know when I'm there in December I am going to take a ton of pictures on the safari.
:thumbsup2 It was a painful walk, I was one of those moms I dislike...c'mon guys we gotta go..:rolleyes: Lessoned learned, if we can't make the FP "Let it go...." :lmao: There was an awesome ostrich pic I could've gotten but DS told me NO :snooty:

I am so glad you made it over to the Safari in time for your FP! The standby queue for the safari is not Disney's best work- certainly not like the interesting exhibits and display in the EE line.

You got some nice pictures in the window during which you were allowed to take photos!

Animal Kingdom is my least favorite park in the heat. They really nailed the tropical environment there!

:sunny:
Thanks Dee! I agree AK even makes the day seem hotter. We were absolutely melting by the time we reached the bus stop :cool2:

Love the updates! Test Track photo is priceless! We have those from when I forgot the elastic for my hair, and a similar one on splash when our middle son was wearing a poncho and it flew up in his face for the photo!

And the pickle story . . . we've been there! One of ours from August was Tortuga Tavern - now part of Disney family history. :)

Love the updates! Test Track photo is priceless! We have those from when I forgot the elastic for my hair, and a similar one on splash when our middle son was wearing a poncho and it flew up in his face for the photo!

And the pickle story . . . we've been there! One of ours from August was Tortuga Tavern - now part of Disney family history. :)

:rotfl: The great thing about Disney ride pics is they ALL make me smile :goodvibes Even those some try and succeed with posing during ride pics, I love that they "bring back the feeling" of being on the ride :upsidedow Ahhhhh, I am not the only restaurant meltdown caper :hug:

So fun that you got to have a DIS meet!

And glad y'all made it to the Safari with time to spare! :thumbsup2

amandaw said:
So fun that you got to have a DIS meet!

And glad y'all made it to the Safari with time to spare! :thumbsup2

Meeting my RC girls was a MAJOR highlight of my trip!!!

:wave: You're apologies made me laugh! If anyone has an excuse for not posting, it's you. A husband, 5 kiddos, and a job...you're totally excused :hug:

Yay for a Dis meet with your friends!!! I know you were super excited to see your dear friend Janet. Funny that y'all did a kid swap! :laughing:

Very nice to know your family was enjoying y'alls time together. You deserved a fabulous trip!!!

Do we get to see any pics of OKW?? :teeth:

Hope you have a great week!
Heather

:wave: You're apologies made me laugh! If anyone has an excuse for not posting, it's you. A husband, 5 kiddos, and a job...you're totally excused :hug:

Yay for a Dis meet with your friends!!! I know you were super excited to see your dear friend Janet. Funny that y'all did a kid swap! :laughing:

Very nice to know your family was enjoying y'alls time together. You deserved a fabulous trip!!!

Do we get to see any pics of OKW?? :teeth:

Hope you have a great week!
Heather
I don't think I have any OKW pics..perhaps DH does :duck:

It was truly great Heather!!!! :goodvibes

So I am booked for next August!!!! Poly GV CL:cool1: WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY happy to be really booked today!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter