• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Go with the flow DUDE.....*a few final thoughts 10/19

Ah, VERY important for mama to relax...it is VACATION!! :love:

We did not try SDMT in June - oddly enough, even late in the day it was wash to get a FP at the kiosk. I was so surprised each time I saw it available for us! Looks like fun...and I hear it is milder than BTR? Sounds like my kind of attraction. ;)

I would LOVE to meet your precious family...and you...easy to forget I haven't actually met my favorite RCers in person! Have been in touch with Linda Grumpy for so long that it never occurs to me I haven't actually met her. :rotfl2:

Keep me posted on your dates...I must be here for Sophia's BD and would like to be here for her first day of school. :love:

No, changes? :confused: What a boring year that would make!! You always wind up exactly where you are all meant to be....besides, I would so miss the cha cha changing ride....LOVE to ride along. popcorn:: :woohoo::goodvibes:cloud9:
:rotfl: I really will NOT get a better deal on Poly CL...everyone has agreed on the resort..thus far.

SDMT is much milder than BTMRR but still a coaster (if that makes sense). The dates will be set once DH gets his work schedule, but it will definitely be mid-August :thumbsup2
I have nothing booked for next year .... DD doesn't want to go in Aug again just too hot and we have our cabin in Tahoe so I hate missing my favorite time of year there!
:worried: I get it, but :(

Ohhh....I thought you booked Poly CL? Maybe you meant Jeanette? And here I was thinking it would be another RC August! Tahoe sounds lovely...and so many other nice times to visit WDW. :goodvibes

Awww...Jeanette...I just love how you go with the flow. A pool day is always perfect, especially on a hot August Disney Day! We did not get to HS in June (few minutes in EPCOT and one MK Eve)...love these pics - sooo darn cute! :love:
I really wish we had more pool time, I think next trip WDW will be before the beach just because....even though it is going further south :rolleyes2

Christine I wish I could tolerate the heat & humidity as I would share a room with you in a heartbeat but unfortunately my COPD is getting worse and just had to add another medication.
:hug:

Jeanette oversleeping and late starts just my speed lol. I tried the carrot cake cookie our last trip was sooooo good even if I could only eat a bite so as not to spike my BS.
Love the DHS pictures!
My DH reminded me..don't just eat the cookie....your sugar and this heat:faint: it was SO good, wasn't it!!!

It is not easy with my MS either....i was tempted because of the amazing rates (can I say that here?).

Sheila, any time you want a roomie just say the word...especially off season, low crowds and comfortable weather. :thumbsup2

Oh...but I am a rope drop kinda girl...we could alternate rope drop and slower morning. :goodvibes
Ooooooh maybe you ladies can do November!!!::yes::

So the plans were....
Star Tours
Toy Story Mania
Tower of Terror
Aerosmith
Fantasmic

We hit Star Tours, everyone enjoyed it...except DS5:confused3 This was my first example of why I should've bought noise reducing headphones. Not a meltdown, but I felt bad as he sat with his ears covered with his hands nestled in my armpit :sick:

We headed to TSM next, and this was a hit! DS5 said he liked Buzz better though...:cool2: OK so DHS wasn't a favorite park for him....we got lucky as TSM was closing early due to the Frozen fireworks. We then attempted the dance party...silly Mommy...REALLY???? DD9 and DS5 yelling "too loud too loud" okay...sorry :sad2:

Tower of Terror...

YES!!!! The girls first time!!! DH and DS5 took a walk and we hit ToT

We were going to meet up with Janet at Aerosmith but the line was crazy and DD7 was too small to ride :guilty:

Then....to Fantasmic or not....we never have seen Fantasmic, but all said and done...the kids were tired so we headed back to OKW for another swim and some drinks (Two fisted Turtle Crawls for me) :dance3: A wonderful Disney day!!! :goodvibes

I really should have a better look at signatures .........

Completely missed your TR, but am now going back to read! :goodvibes

Well, sounds like a pretty fun day at the pool and then HS. And more swimming!

I totally get it with the loud noises at Star Tours. My oldest son spent a lot of time with his hands over his ears during fireworks and other loud places. I'm glad it wasn't a full-on meltdown.

Yay for the girls first time on ToT. Did they like it?

Looking forward to your next day- and seeing if you stick to the plan ;)

I really should have a better look at signatures .........

Completely missed your TR, but am now going back to read! :goodvibes
:hug: Glad you found the link Karin! And no worries at all!! :goodvibes
Well, sounds like a pretty fun day at the pool and then HS. And more swimming!

I totally get it with the loud noises at Star Tours. My oldest son spent a lot of time with his hands over his ears during fireworks and other loud places. I'm glad it wasn't a full-on meltdown.

Yay for the girls first time on ToT. Did they like it?

Looking forward to your next day- and seeing if you stick to the plan ;)

He did so well on Dinosaur I guess it makes it easy to forget how sensitive he is :worried: He really is still missing Disney, every day he drives his toy bus to Epcot :lovestruc

They LOVED ToT! ::yes:: It was my first time riding in the dark, what a different experience...definitely more thrilling :)

I will try to post Monday August 25th super soon...but today I must post a

:bday: to my Princess who is 10 today (and a Disney adult now) :faint:

Happy 10th birthday Maddie!!!!!!!!!!!!:love::dance3:

Minnie&Nana said:
:cool1: Happy, Happy Birthday, Brian!!! :cool1:
:hug:

KelleyK75 said:
Just found your TR and joining in. Great start so far. You have a lovely family.
Awww thank you and :welcome:

Grumpy Grandma said:
Happy Birthday Brian!!!

(Handsome)

He's going to be so happy to see all the happy birthdays :hug:

A fly by check in while I take a break from the pool.

As I said before, going with the flow is sometimes the best thing to do...lost fastpasses or not.

I am SO happy you loved the OKW pool. And a two-fisted Turtle Krawl. I'm proud of you my friend.

KatMark said:
A fly by check in while I take a break from the pool.

As I said before, going with the flow is sometimes the best thing to do...lost fastpasses or not.

I am SO happy you loved the OKW pool. And a two-fisted Turtle Krawl. I'm proud of you my friend.

My beach bunny friend :hug: thank you for stopping in. I've found Swagbucks and I've totally immersed myself in earning giftcards...I need to catch-up on my own TR. Ahhh the Turtle Crawls were awesome! Went down so smoothly, and it was perfect for the stroll back to the villa!! DH is not 100% thrilled we aren't going back to OKW next trip, hoping the Poly will keep him happy... I'll be stalking the updates on the Poly pool because OKW Will be tough to beat. My DS5 even taught himself to swim underwater there ;) even though he scared the bejeezus out of his dad and I

Kathy you were given all the credit on the Gurgling Suitcase, my DH thanked you :)

Ok....I might forgive you for getting zero pictures of OKW:scratchin Ok...I will. But come on Janet....pics of the DisMeet!!!! Please!!!!

Even though your schedule didn't pan out, sounds like y'all had a fabulous time. And so awesome that you were able to see so many DisFriends:goodvibes Guess the hubby just tagged right along, from one DisMeet to the other!:laughing:

And yay for another booking!!!!!! :dance3:

Ok....I might forgive you for getting zero pictures of OKW:scratchin Ok...I will. But come on Janet....pics of the DisMeet!!!! Please!!!!

Even though your schedule didn't pan out, sounds like y'all had a fabulous time. And so awesome that you were able to see so many DisFriends:goodvibes Guess the hubby just tagged right along, from one DisMeet to the other!:laughing:

And yay for another booking!!!!!! :dance3:

Luckily, DH likes all the DISers we met :cheer2: He can be grumpy sometimes :rolleyes:

That Janet..... Donde estas mi amiga?????:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter