Hey! You had your trip, this time I'm in charge! Nicki & Todd LIVE!! Completed :(

Of course I'm in! Just be like me and my one friend when it comes to your age. She's the same age as you - 30. And I'm 21. People try and argue with us, but we're very defensive about how old we are, so they usually just give up for our actual age.

And you should try lamb. I think you would love it. That was always one of my favorite meats. I've had some very good lamb in Disney, but also some not so great lamb. Brown Derby and CA Grill were my two favorite lamb dishes I can remember off the top of my head, but I did not like the lamb stew at Akershus, very fatty pieces of meat in that.

OMG I have been waiting for this since May!! I LOVE your reviews! The are filled with great information and are always entertaining! :banana:

I love your reviews, Nicki! I'll be down there when you are, my first F&W! Have a great trip and birthday :)

Omygosh u guys are so cute!!! :goodvibes
I can't wait to read your review, they are awesome!!!! :woohoo: I hope you guys have an AMAZING vacation @ BWI. [I'd love to see a couple resort/room pics if you think of it. :flower3:] Oh & hey, enjoy that POOL!!!! :cloud9:

Yay!! I actually get to see a MickiNicki LIVE! As opposed to catching up on your last ones in one fell swoop!! Can't wait to see what the wrech thrower pulls out this trip!:laughing:

I'm in! I always enjoy reading your reports and dining reviews and the food pics are great! I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Thank you and I am so happy you are in for this one too!

And ha ha ha ha...you are so funny about not knowing what you are missing!

Am I getting that old that I dont know what you are talking about or are you messing with me? :goodvibes

I'm in...I'll be there this weekend for my friends 29 again birthday...too bad I can stalk ya :scared1:...mmm maybe I can I just saw your dates I have 2 weekends to stalk ya hehehe I don't live far...Have fun and I always love following you along!
Micky

Hope to see you there!

Hi Nicki! Zaheer and I are fine. Hope you and Todd are okay and excited about your upcoming trip! :cool1: Post Disney Blues are definitely setting in especially as it is constantly raining in the UK :eek:

Haha at having dinner reservations in place and DH knowing not to change any of them! Being on these boards is what is keeping me sane so can't wait to hear all about the food you eat.

I hear it was pouring rain last week in WDW so you were not missing much! I promise to take lots of pics for you!

Internet was down all day at work so I am on page 3! Still haven't missed any of the live stuff! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear what you have planned and then ultimately see what Todd changes! :upsidedow Never to early to start planning my next year's trip! (Who am I kidding, I already have a pencil'd in itinerary! :laughing:)

I think he will be on good behavior because I have been planning this one for a while now...and we are going to take a year off and not go back until Oct 2012...well maybe :rotfl2:

WooHoo! :cool1:

Can't wait! I love your live reports! We had such sucky internet signal on our last trip. It made me glad that I wasn't doing a live report.

Terri

Hi Terri! I have had good luck with the internet in WDW, better at the Dolphin than at WDW resorts but hopefully things will work out so I can post every day!

I love your reviews so I'm in! My parents will be at F&W too....at BW! :)

Might bump into them at a booth or two!

Hooray...you started! :woohoo: I'm so glad you are doing a live report because I'll be there just 10 days after you, checking in the BWI on Nov. 9. So I'll be watching closely for your reviews. Are you still going to Shula's? I'm very tempted to give it a try but would have to cancel either Flying Fish or Citricos to do so. Are you dining at either of these two restaurants? Would love to see their current menus, as everything I've seen online is from August. Ok, I'll quit asking questions now and try to patiently wait for your live reviews to begin. popcorn::

How cool is that!! We are eating at Shulas, FF and Citricos so you will get a review and pics on all three....just to make things more difficult for you :laughing: I will take menu pics too since the dining sites and WDW do not seem to be updated and you know they are going to change when you get there to reflect the holiday season.

Hi Nicki,
I can't wait for your reviews!! I always look forward to them. They're the best. 10 days at the BWI. What a great way to celebrate your birthday!! I'll be at DW 11/14 to 11/18 with free dining for my 62nd birthday!!!! You're just a baby. Wait till you have to say 60!! I can hardly say it or believe it. Have a great time. You guys always seem to have so much fun!!
Joan

How cool you are celebrating at WDW for your birthday! We are also celebrating our 15th anniversary 2 weeks early so it was a no brainer that we do this trip in style...Todd is so excited that we are back in the deluxe resorts...I think he misses his quiet pool time.

I'm in! I can't wait to read your reviews.:goodvibes

Welcome!

I finally get to read one of your dining report's from the beginning! I've lurked in the past but I always come in halfway or when you're almost done. I'm excited to get in on the foodie action from day 1 now! :thumbsup2

Plus, reading your report will get me super excited for my upcoming January trip :woohoo: (As if I wasn't already!)

Can't wait to read more!

Glad you came out of lurkdom to join in the fun...we get a little "Goofy" on these trips and I love to tell you all about it!

Of course I'm in! Just be like me and my one friend when it comes to your age. She's the same age as you - 30. And I'm 21. People try and argue with us, but we're very defensive about how old we are, so they usually just give up for our actual age.

And you should try lamb. I think you would love it. That was always one of my favorite meats. I've had some very good lamb in Disney, but also some not so great lamb. Brown Derby and CA Grill were my two favorite lamb dishes I can remember off the top of my head, but I did not like the lamb stew at Akershus, very fatty pieces of meat in that.

Honey-remove the 0 and add a 9 to your friends age and there ya go...its freaking me out a bit I must admit :eek:

I think I am going to try lamb at Kouzzina..do the lamb meatballs at Tangierine Cafe count because I have had those and loved them, sadly they are no longer on the menu. :sad2:

OMG I have been waiting for this since May!! I LOVE your reviews! The are filled with great information and are always entertaining! :banana:

I have been waiting for this since May too :rotfl: Hope you enjoy whats to come!

I love your reviews, Nicki! I'll be down there when you are, my first F&W! Have a great trip and birthday :)

Cool!! Hope to see you cruising the booths...you know we will be!

Love your reviews!! Can't wait for this one!

Happy to have you here for the fun!

Can't wait to hear about F&W.
Have a great trip:thumbsup2

Thank you and welcome aboard my crazy dining thread!

Omygosh u guys are so cute!!! :goodvibes
I can't wait to read your review, they are awesome!!!! :woohoo: I hope you guys have an AMAZING vacation @ BWI. [I'd love to see a couple resort/room pics if you think of it. :flower3:] Oh & hey, enjoy that POOL!!!! :cloud9:

Aw shucks, you are making me blush! So happy you are back for more of our reviews! I will take pics of the resort and room too...the first thing Todd does is flop on the bed so hopefully he will give me 2 seconds to take a pic first! We get in around 7pm so the view might have to wait until the next morning...unless we get upgraded to a BW view and then I will take one at night...hey a girl can dream right?

Yay! I've been waiting for this! I love your reviews!

Thanks and welcome back!

subbbing thanks to Kathy's link and going back to read!!

She is my biggest cheerleader isnt she? :cheer2:

Yay!! I actually get to see a MickiNicki LIVE! As opposed to catching up on your last ones in one fell swoop!! Can't wait to see what the wrech thrower pulls out this trip!:laughing:

Oh man, thats a lot to do in one day :laughing: I have not done a live review since last Nov and I am excited about it! Hopefully DH leaves all his tools at home :rotfl2:

Lets move on to the reservations…I had decided on where we were going to eat and I had a game plan all set, ready to make my reservations on my 180 day mark….until the Stomach asked to look at my list…and then I knew I was going to have to start all over...

DH - Where is Le Cellier? Where is Mama Melrose?

ME - In Epcot and HS, why do you ask?

DH - Must you always be such a smart aleck?

ME - Hello?? Did you just meet me?

I am getting nervous now because I know he is going to ask for these 2 places so I have to ditch 2 places….wait for it, here it comes.

DH - Why do we have the Yachtsman down again? We just ate at the Yachtsman, cancel that for LC. What is Il Mulino? Never heard of it, cancel that too

ME - You have to heard of it, you loved Il Mulino, they gave you free Limoncello remember? The yellow drink out of a bucket (try to make it easy for him to remember, he is getting old after all)

DH - Oh yeah, that was nice….cancel it anyways, I like MM

So as any good wife would do I change my plans around and add in LC and MM….but the real question is this….do we keep those?

Flash forward a few months…we are going over some WDW plans and he says:

DH - Why are we eating at MM? We do not like HS at night unless its to see the Osborne Lights

ME - (Jaw on ground, stunned look on my face) Because YOU asked for it that’s why, I was all set for something else!

DH - Really? I don’t remember that…well cancel it and book something else

ME - Ok sure…why not, its only 2 months until we go, no problem. What would you like me to replace it with?

DH - (Capt Oblivious is, well, oblivious to my sarcasm) If we are cancelling an Italian so we need to replace it with another Italian…how about that place with the free lemon booze? (said with a smirk, see he does remember stuff)

You have got to be kidding me right? Is he trying to make me nuts?

ME - How 'bout I replace you with an Italian?

Yeah…I wanted to hurt him…just a little bit. But…I know the kid…and I know he is going to ask me about the spaghetti and meatballs from Via Napoli. Why should I waste my time booking Il Mulino when I know I am going to cancel it. Sure enough, an hour later I hear:

DH - You know, I have been thinking

ME - Really? I'll alert the media

DH - (totally ignoring me) What about the pizza place with the meatballs?

See…told ya!

ME - Via Napoli…and yeah, I booked it already instead of Il Mulino..cuz I know how you are

DH - And how is that?

ME - You my dear, suffer from reservation-itis

DH - Oh really, and what the heck is that? A new Dis-board term?

ME - Nope, it’s a Nicki-ism….you are never satisfied with what you have booked and you want to change it up all the time!

DH - Well, to quote you, Did you just meet me?

He had me at that one but how dare he steal my saying?

Can't wait to read your reviews! We'll be at the BWI at the end of November; would love to hear your thoughts on it, too. Hope you have a great trip!

Honey-remove the 0 and add a 9 to your friends age and there ya go...its freaking me out a bit I must admit :eek:

I think I am going to try lamb at Kouzzina..do the lamb meatballs at Tangierine Cafe count because I have had those and loved them, sadly they are no longer on the menu. :sad2:
Technically my friends 0 should be a 9 too, and my 1 in 21 should be a 7, but those are just technicalities that we overlook. :lmao:

And they have a really good lamb wrap at Tangerine. I used to get it all the time. It's one of my favorite CS meals on property.

Lets move on to the reservations…I had decided on where we were going to eat and I had a game plan all set, ready to make my reservations on my 180 day mark….until the Stomach asked to look at my list…and then I knew I was going to have to start all over...

DH - Where is Le Cellier? Where is Mama Melrose?

ME - In Epcot and HS, why do you ask?

DH - Must you always be such a smart aleck?

ME - Hello?? Did you just meet me?

I am getting nervous now because I know he is going to ask for these 2 places so I have to ditch 2 places….wait for it, here it comes.

DH - Why do we have the Yachtsman down again? We just ate at the Yachtsman, cancel that for LC. What is Il Mulino? Never heard of it, cancel that too

ME - You have to heard of it, you loved Il Mulino, they gave you free Limoncello remember? The yellow drink out of a bucket (try to make it easy for him to remember, he is getting old after all)

DH - Oh yeah, that was nice….cancel it anyways, I like MM

So as any good wife would do I change my plans around and add in LC and MM….but the real question is this….do we keep those?

Flash forward a few months…we are going over some WDW plans and he says:

DH - Why are we eating at MM? We do not like HS at night unless its to see the Osborne Lights

ME - (Jaw on ground, stunned look on my face) Because YOU asked for it that’s why, I was all set for something else!

DH - Really? I don’t remember that…well cancel it and book something else

ME - Ok sure…why not, its only 2 months until we go, no problem. What would you like me to replace it with?

DH - (Capt Oblivious is, well, oblivious to my sarcasm) If we are cancelling an Italian so we need to replace it with another Italian…how about that place with the free lemon booze? (said with a smirk, see he does remember stuff)

You have got to be kidding me right? Is he trying to make me nuts?

ME - How 'bout I replace you with an Italian?

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: I can just see you saying this to Todd.

Yeah…I wanted to hurt him…just a little bit. But…I know the kid…and I know he is going to ask me about the spaghetti and meatballs from Via Napoli. Why should I waste my time booking Il Mulino when I know I am going to cancel it. Sure enough, an hour later I hear:

DH - You know, I have been thinking

ME - Really? I'll alert the media

DH - (totally ignoring me) What about the pizza place with the meatballs?

See…told ya!

ME - Via Napoli…and yeah, I booked it already instead of Il Mulino..cuz I know how you are

DH - And how is that?

ME - You my dear, suffer from reservation-itis

DH - Oh really, and what the heck is that? A new Dis-board term?

ME - Nope, it’s a Nicki-ism….you are never satisfied with what you have booked and you want to change it up all the time!

DH - Well, to quote you, Did you just meet me?

He had me at that one but how dare he steal my saying?

That man has a lot of guts...I certainly wouldn't mess with you...I've seen you in action.

:rotfl: This is so the conversations DH and I have been having. We are trying to get all of our ADRs in order, and I asked which places he'd like to return to. I get "that place where you eat in a car (Sci-Fi), the place with the margaritas (San Angel Inn) and some place with steak."

When asking him if he'd like to have lunch again at Brown Derby (mostly because I love their salad, less because I thought he'd care) I had to jog his memory---remember the place where they cut the ribbon when they open up, and we sat in a half-circle booth, and I got that awesome strawberry cheesecake you swiped? (insert crickets here) He had no clue!

Hi, Nicki!! Love your reviews! Now that my DH and I have gone to WDW quite a few times, he reminds me of Todd a little. I used to be able to just book the ADR's with no input. He would just show up and eat. Now I have a little birdie on my shoulder tweeting all the time to be heard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter