Hey! You had your trip, this time I'm in charge! Nicki & Todd LIVE!! Completed :(

So around the same time as the "Italian Meal Debate" we run into the "Great Steak Debate". Le Cellier was booked at his request, we have not dined here in many moons and now it is a signature so we were interested in checking it out…except for one thing, the only signature thing about it is the cost! I have been reading so many reviews and they are not in favor of LC…too salty, poor quality of steak, very very costly and most importantly, nothing like a signature. I really wanted the Yachtsman again…so I started to plot my revenge for the Italian Job he pulled on me.

ME - (starting off subtle) So, I was reading some Dis reviews today

DH - When are you not doing that?

ME - (totally ignoring him) You know, LC is getting some bad reviews…people say the food is salty

DH - Sounds good to me

Rats! I knew I shouldn’t have started with that one, he loves salty foods! Lets try this again

ME - You know, the Yachtsman was soooo good when we ate there last and we are staying at the BWI so its super close

DH - That’s true but we already ate there, lets keep LC and see how it goes.

I let it go for a few weeks or so and then I tried again…but this time I decided to be more direct since beating around the bush wasn't working.

ME - I don’t want Le Cellier…I would much rather go to The Yachtsman (how's that for getting to the point?)

DH - Lets wait and see what Kathy and Mark say about it (he is talking about our BFF's, KatMark, who were eating there and coming to see us afterwards)

Finally, after what seems like an eternity, Kathy and Mark are here and they tell Todd the food was good but not worth the money….that seemed to do the trick because the next night he tells me I can cancel LC and book Shula's

ME - Shula's? We have one in Naples, why do we need to go to Shula's in WDW??

DH - Because we haven't done it before

Hmm…boy's got a point.

See...we work off each other. You tell me not to try something but I try it anyway. We tell you to NOT go somewhere and you listen the second go round (you didn't listen when we told you NOT to go to WCC!).

So, have you talked him into Yachtsman yet?

:rotfl2: at the conversation that took place between you and Todd!! I'm glad Kathy and Mark were able to confirm that Le Cellier wasn't worth the cost. I think I would like to go for lunch rather than dinner.

Good luck with getting The Yachtsman into your plans.

Hi Nicki!

How the heck did I miss the start of this one?!?!? Oh, I know...I was drowning in WDW. :rolleyes: Well, I am here now and can't WAIT to hear all about your trip! We (4 girlfriends and I) did just about EVERY booth last weekend (pre-monsoon), so just let me know if you have any questions!! We all agreed that this was the best food yet. Seriously, I think we had one or two not-so-good things (the milk chocolate creme brulee in France was yuck), but everything else was AMAZING! The theme of our trip was "This is the best thing I ever ate...until the next thing I eat!"

The BWV is our "home", and though I didn't stay there this time, it is the BEST place to be during Food & Wine. You guys are going to have SUCH a great time!!! (I admit it....I'm a tiny bit jealous....even after just spending 6 nights there...) ENJOY!

Hi Nicki,

we tried LC for dinner as well - free DDP, so I didn't worry about the cost ....... we will NOT return any time soon!!!!!
While the food was not bad, it is NO signature!!!!!!!!!! The service was starting to get me all worked up, because that guy was creepy slimy.
The only big difference to before was that they call themselves signature, but it is terribly loud and you still have the tables so close together, that it is hard to get by and people in their "park clothes" (nothing wrong with that, but if I want a signature restaurant, I just want the ambience right) - We loved Yachtsman though - and CG was tops (but we did have Ron and he treated us like royalty - introduced us to the CG manager! :rotfl2:)

Have fun, kids, only a week to go! :woohoo:

Hi Nicki! I love following your trip reports/dining reviews! I love your dialogues with Todd:goodvibes DD14 and I just got back from a quick free dining trip last week and it was all on me where we ate which can be a lot of pressure too since she's so picky. I fell over when she told me her favorite meal was Jiko and she tried a bunch of items at the Food and Wine Festival, so it was a culinary success!
I'll be following how you like BWI, as we are doing a split stay there in January along with the CR (for the marathon). I'll have DD9 with me for the first half of the trip and she barely eats, so sharing some fun things may be a challenge. We do have Yachtsman and Narcoosee's on the list to try (that's new to us).
I'll be looking forward to your updates~ have a GREAT time!!:)

Well poop! You don't arrive for another week and I am already on page 6!!!!:sad1::sad1:
I feel like I just woke up at noon on Black Friday.

The good news is that in 7 days I will have 10 yummy days of LIVE reports with a heavy sprinklin of funny. :lmao:

Honey... you need to properly pimp your report so I don't miss one single minute of it!!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

I don't know how the Shula's in Naples is, but the one at Disney is far superior to the one in Indy! Go for it - let the journey begin.

HA! We're booked Le Cellier in February. I've read the recent reviews, but thought the same thing your husband did: "MMmmm... salty!" :lmao:

Did you tell DH how much hair is going to get pulled out by the new restrictions with the ADR's????????????????????? tell him $10 buys lots of egg rolls... :rotfl:

I'm going to follow...at least until we leave for WDW on the 27th!! Hoping to get some good reviews from you before our trip...especially F&W!! Will you review your drinks also? (Because DH & I like to indulge a bit!)

Yay a new LIVE review!!! I can't wait to read it. We'll be there starting Nov. 5th and trying F&W for the first time. So excited!! Hope you have a fabulous time!

I'm enjoying reading your conversaion with your DH. :rotfl2: I don't think it's worth to burn 2 credits/OOP dinner at LC. I rather spend that in other signatures like Yachtsmans, FF, CG, Jiko, etc. You get the picture.... I don't think theme park signatures (LC and Brown Derby) live up to resort signatures.... IMO.

Thank you, if someone overheard our conversation and were not Disers they would think us crazy :lmao: I am still pressing hard for Yachtsman!

I'm here! :goodvibes
We will be at BWV from 10/20-1024

Cool! Maybe we will bump into each other!

See...we work off each other. You tell me not to try something but I try it anyway. We tell you to NOT go somewhere and you listen the second go round (you didn't listen when we told you NOT to go to WCC!).

So, have you talked him into Yachtsman yet?

Yes we do! I am still dancing around Yachtsman....I have plenty of time left :laughing:

:rotfl2: at the conversation that took place between you and Todd!! I'm glad Kathy and Mark were able to confirm that Le Cellier wasn't worth the cost. I think I would like to go for lunch rather than dinner.

Good luck with getting The Yachtsman into your plans.

He said we should do lunch but I dont want to waste time sitting down eating a heavy meal when I can stroll and nosh the food booths! Any other time of the year I would not mind a TS lunch at LC.

Yachtsman may come to be!

Hi Nicki!

How the heck did I miss the start of this one?!?!? Oh, I know...I was drowning in WDW. :rolleyes: Well, I am here now and can't WAIT to hear all about your trip! We (4 girlfriends and I) did just about EVERY booth last weekend (pre-monsoon), so just let me know if you have any questions!! We all agreed that this was the best food yet. Seriously, I think we had one or two not-so-good things (the milk chocolate creme brulee in France was yuck), but everything else was AMAZING! The theme of our trip was "This is the best thing I ever ate...until the next thing I eat!"

The BWV is our "home", and though I didn't stay there this time, it is the BEST place to be during Food & Wine. You guys are going to have SUCH a great time!!! (I admit it....I'm a tiny bit jealous....even after just spending 6 nights there...) ENJOY!

No worries! You arrived before the juicy stuff starts! Our goal is to do every booth too...this trip we have time to do it! I am really excited to try the pumpkin mousse, everyone seems to be raving about it. Love your theme for your trip! Mine might be..."The one bite I had was incredible, then DH ate it all before I could have a second!"

I cannot wait to check in at the BWI, heck I cannot wait to get to WDW period!

Hi Nicki,

we tried LC for dinner as well - free DDP, so I didn't worry about the cost ....... we will NOT return any time soon!!!!!
While the food was not bad, it is NO signature!!!!!!!!!! The service was starting to get me all worked up, because that guy was creepy slimy.
The only big difference to before was that they call themselves signature, but it is terribly loud and you still have the tables so close together, that it is hard to get by and people in their "park clothes" (nothing wrong with that, but if I want a signature restaurant, I just want the ambience right) - We loved Yachtsman though - and CG was tops (but we did have Ron and he treated us like royalty - introduced us to the CG manager! :rotfl2:)

Have fun, kids, only a week to go! :woohoo:

Sx days now hon! and I have not packed one thing yet :scared1:

Glad to hear you are on board with us cancelling LC..I hope to get Ron at Cali Grill this year so I can say "Tom and Karin sent us" :rotfl2:

Hi Nicki! I love following your trip reports/dining reviews! I love your dialogues with Todd:goodvibes DD14 and I just got back from a quick free dining trip last week and it was all on me where we ate which can be a lot of pressure too since she's so picky. I fell over when she told me her favorite meal was Jiko and she tried a bunch of items at the Food and Wine Festival, so it was a culinary success!
I'll be following how you like BWI, as we are doing a split stay there in January along with the CR (for the marathon). I'll have DD9 with me for the first half of the trip and she barely eats, so sharing some fun things may be a challenge. We do have Yachtsman and Narcoosee's on the list to try (that's new to us).
I'll be looking forward to your updates~ have a GREAT time!!:)

Welcome!! I have been hearing great things about Jiko lately but there is no room to add it so we will put it on the next trip list. I am jealous you have Yachtsman...I really want to eat there again!

Wow, 10 days! This is going to be epic!!!

I know right!

Me too!

Well poop! You don't arrive for another week and I am already on page 6!!!!:sad1::sad1:
I feel like I just woke up at noon on Black Friday.

The good news is that in 7 days I will have 10 yummy days of LIVE reports with a heavy sprinklin of funny. :lmao:

Dont you worry, you didnt miss a thing! I feel like a kid the week before Xmas when the days just drag and drag

Honey... you need to properly pimp your report so I don't miss one single minute of it!!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

I don't know how the Shula's in Naples is, but the one at Disney is far superior to the one in Indy! Go for it - let the journey begin.

I have a feeling its going to be delish!

HA! We're booked Le Cellier in February. I've read the recent reviews, but thought the same thing your husband did: "MMmmm... salty!" :lmao:

What is it with men and salt? If I ate something too salty my fingers would swell like sausages!

Did you tell DH how much hair is going to get pulled out by the new restrictions with the ADR's????????????????????? tell him $10 buys lots of egg rolls... :rotfl:

I did tell him that and you know what he said? This might be a lot harder for walk ups :laughing:

I'm going to follow...at least until we leave for WDW on the 27th!! Hoping to get some good reviews from you before our trip...especially F&W!! Will you review your drinks also? (Because DH & I like to indulge a bit!)

Yay you will be ther too! And of course we will review drinks!

Yay a new LIVE review!!! I can't wait to read it. We'll be there starting Nov. 5th and trying F&W for the first time. So excited!! Hope you have a fabulous time!

Glad you are here, hope you have a great trip too!

I thought I was done with DH questioning our meals at WDW after the "Great Steak Debate" but I should have known better.

DH - What are we doing for breakfast?

ME - We just ate cereal, what are you talking about

DH - In Disney, what are we doing for breakfast?

ME - It would help if you lead with that

DH - I figured since you have DisneyBrain 24/7 you would already know that

I think he has me pegged don’t you?

ME - Well I thought we would do counter service in the parks and the BWI Bakery of course

DH - And eat the same stuff every day? What, no sit down? No pressed pot coffee? Nope, that’s not gonna work for me

Sorry but since when does he not want a cinnamon bun every day???

ME - I am gonna hurt you…you said not to book breakfasts. You said you didn’t want to be tied down to too many plans. You said you didn’t want to get up early to eat because you get up early every single day in real life

DH - I don’t remember that

Of course he doesn’t..I just made all of that up right?

DH - I think we need to have a few good breakfasts, something other than quick stuff

ME - Ok so Kona, and I would like to try The Wave and Kouzzina…can I book them now?

DH - Nah, we will wing it

Oy, what every single Diser just loves to hear right?

Well there you are...jeez someone would think you were busy planning a wedding or something! :rotfl2:

I know, right? Two jobs, a wedding and a household to keep up with is nothing :laughing: Luckily Jiminy Cricket is rapidly moving across my ticker and I'll be there soon!!

I <3 your converstations, lol. I picture them to be similar to ours, lol. This trip, we had a choice between Yachtsman and Shula's :( I wanted both, but there just wasn't time. We went with Shula's, then I'll take my stepmom to Yachtsman in May I guess. I act like I'm never going back :lmao: I'm craving Shula's crab cake--I know we made the right decision!!

The part about CS breakfasts made me laugh :laughing: I had considered (for budget reasons) that we drop some TS lunches and do a few CS. He said we might as well pack a loaf of bread and lunch meat and eat it in the GF lobby. This was in a tone implying that he didn't like the idea. I told him that there are lots of CS that we like--EoS, Cantina, Casey's... Our men are so spoiled!! I Lol'd at the "No Press Pot Coffee?" Too funny!!

Too funny! Personally I hope you "wing it" to The Wave for breakfast because it is one that I am debating trying next year. Kouzzina was good and Kona's pulled pork eggs benedict is heaven on a plate!

I thought I was done with DH questioning our meals at WDW after the "Great Steak Debate" but I should have known better.

DH - What are we doing for breakfast?

ME - We just ate cereal, what are you talking about

DH - In Disney, what are we doing for breakfast?

ME - It would help if you lead with that

DH - I figured since you have DisneyBrain 24/7 you would already know that

I think he has me pegged don’t you?

ME - Well I thought we would do counter service in the parks and the BWI Bakery of course

DH - And eat the same stuff every day? What, no sit down? No pressed pot coffee? Nope, that’s not gonna work for me

Sorry but since when does he not want a cinnamon bun every day???

ME - I am gonna hurt you…you said not to book breakfasts. You said you didn’t want to be tied down to too many plans. You said you didn’t want to get up early to eat because you get up early every single day in real life

DH - I don’t remember that

Of course he doesn’t..I just made all of that up right?

DH - I think we need to have a few good breakfasts, something other than quick stuff

ME - Ok so Kona, and I would like to try The Wave and Kouzzina…can I book them now?

DH - Nah, we will wing it

Oy, what every single Diser just loves to hear right?

Seriously? I mean, seriously? The man told me at dinner one night last week he didn't want to do any sit down breakfasts...he wanted a nice, relaxing trip and not have to get up early in the a.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter