*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

I just tried to book 4 nights in HHI, HA one bedroom, for March 3-8 2024, and Waitlist only. Since sometime in February 2024, all HA 1 bedrooms not available. Does anyone know why?? I tried for HA studio, same thing.

A regular 2 bedroom had availability, but I can’t do steps! Yikes. :worried:

View attachment 751587
Wow that is odd. Studios are available at that time. I wonder if all 1 bedrooms will be refurbed at that time?

Yes.

However, earlier it was mentioned that Live Oak Lodge is where rehab was going to start. Or maybe I mis remembered.
If you did, I mis-remembered the same thing. However, I do remember that whoever said that admitted that one CM at HHI said that the rehab was going to start with Live Oak Lodge, but another CM told them that the rehab was going to start down by building #31. Since they're starting it during their busy season, I hope they get their ducks in a row on what they're doing SOON!! I'd be a little nervous if I had reservations in June or July. It's not like they can call last minute and say "We have to more you to [any other] resort".

If you did, I mis-remembered the same thing. However, I do remember that whoever said that admitted that one CM at HHI said that the rehab was going to start with Live Oak Lodge, but another CM told them that the rehab was going to start down by building #31. Since they're starting it during their busy season, I hope they get their ducks in a row on what they're doing SOON!! I'd be a little nervous if I had reservations in June or July. It's not like they can call last minute and say "We have to more you to [any other] resort".
The test rooms are a studio and 1 bed in building 30. Wonder if they will finish that building then move onwards.

Just wanted to say we have a new fave building. Stayed in building 31 in a top floor 2 bedroom in 3121 - amazing views & we watched a dolphin try to drum up some fish dinner one night up against the marsh banks

View attachment 751619.
Yes, 31 is the most highly requested building location on site for this very reason. It's only drawback is being the farthest out building on property, so if you wish to walk to Shelter Cove, let's say, then you've got a long haul back to the bridge. Now, I can make that walk in less than five minutes at a quick pace, but that's not the case for everyone. Still, it's a gorgeous location, and it also has a gas grill at the lookout point next to it.

Was there last week in Live Oak Lodge & had no problems with the internet. Was able to register for MM with no problem. Can't verify the other buildings.
This reminds me of the very old days, when the only places that there were complimentary internet at HHI were Community Hall, the Beach House, and....Big Murgie's Den in Live Oak Lodge. We always stayed in Live Oak Lodge, so every evening I'd bring my laptop to the den to "browse" for a while until I discovered that the villas in Live Oak Lodge often were getting internet. Since the onset of free internet everywhere, we've rarely had any problems in Live Oak Lodge. It seems to be a relatively good place.

This reminds me of the very old days, when the only places that there were complimentary internet at HHI were Community Hall, the Beach House, and....Big Murgie's Den in Live Oak Lodge. We always stayed in Live Oak Lodge, so every evening I'd bring my laptop to the den to "browse" for a while until I discovered that the villas in Live Oak Lodge often were getting internet. Since the onset of free internet everywhere, we've rarely had any problems in Live Oak Lodge. It seems to be a relatively good place.
And I remember meeting you some years ago.

I apologize if this is already answered in a thread somewhere. We have read through various threads on HHI but haven't seen some of the information we are looking for (probably is there but its a lot of info!). We have been using DVC points to stay at WDW multiple times a year for many years. For the first time we are using points this year to stay at HHI at the end of June. We have a 2-BDR villa booked.

We have seen various posts about the "best" buildings/view etc. The only request we are able to make on the reservation is for a "high" floor. Are there any additional tips on how to get preferred buildings/room locations since you can't request anything else on the reservation? Summary of "best" room locations?

We will be looking to make the best of 2 full days on a first time visit for all of us. We are more activity focused than food focused (but advise on where to get a good margarita or beach hut/outdoor dining with atmosphere would be welcome). What recommendations are there for best activities considering anticipate June temperatures? We've seen the dolphin boats, etc. so any input is helpful to help us nail down an itinerary.

I apologize if this is already answered in a thread somewhere. We have read through various threads on HHI but haven't seen some of the information we are looking for (probably is there but its a lot of info!). We have been using DVC points to stay at WDW multiple times a year for many years. For the first time we are using points this year to stay at HHI at the end of June. We have a 2-BDR villa booked.

We have seen various posts about the "best" buildings/view etc. The only request we are able to make on the reservation is for a "high" floor. Are there any additional tips on how to get preferred buildings/room locations since you can't request anything else on the reservation? Summary of "best" room locations?

We will be looking to make the best of 2 full days on a first time visit for all of us. We are more activity focused than food focused (but advise on where to get a good margarita or beach hut/outdoor dining with atmosphere would be welcome). What recommendations are there for best activities considering anticipate June temperatures? We've seen the dolphin boats, etc. so any input is helpful to help us nail down an itinerary.
I would suggest not putting in a request on the reservation, but instead, call MS (or I prefer the chat feature if it's available because you can type exactly what you want) and have them add requests to your reservation. For a 2-BR, I prefer Building 31 or 29. Here is what I would type in the chat feature:
Top floor priority
Building 31 first preference
Building 29 second preference
I try to be pretty specific without giving a room number. My priority is top floor, but for most people, it's marsh view. I just figure they will understand I would like marsh view by providing those buildings as part of my request. What I hope is that if they can't get me in Building 29 or 31, they will hopefully assign me a top floor room with a marsh view in another building. So far, I've gotten what I wanted, but I do understand it's a request, not a guarantee.

What DisneyStarWisher says is good advice. I would add to that, try calling the front desk at HHI directly a week out and talking with them. They have actual schedulers in the back office, and sometimes they can work with you depending on what they already have booked.

For me, my t#1 priority would be a top floor as there are no bad views at HHI. Certainly, a marsh view would be preferred. Generally speaking, Bldgs 31, 29, 27, 24, 22, 18, 15, 14, and 13 will have some sort of marsh view. The best of these are 31 and 29, but they're among the most requested, too (31 is the top-requested building). They are the two farthest out buildings (but it's a small resort), yet they're close to the pool just not the front desk. 24 and 22 are next to the pool on the other side, thus closer to the main lodge. 18 is a GV building that is about equidistant to the pool and the main lodge. 14 and 15 sit on the boardwalk and look out over a small inlet that comes in from the marshy area--when the tide is in, it's got water. And 13 is a hidden gem that sits next to the main building, is quiet, and has some water views through a few trees. It also has a grill, is close to the big grill at Murggie's Den, and sits very near a rocking porch swing, picnic tables, and Adirondack chairs that look out over the water of the shallow water access to Shelter Cover Marina.

Edited to add that 27 is also a good building--sits next to the pier, thus close to the pool, Tide Me Over, Community Hall, and the Mercantile.

Good luck with your room selection!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter