• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much alcohol is too much?

So... big confession here. I really like wine/cocktails. I love wine, but I’m health and calorie conscious, so I mostly do flavored vodka in soda.

I never used to drink anything at all, but a few really tough years have caused me to enjoy a glass or two in the evening. On very rough nights I have finished an entire bottle of wine by myself. That’s rare- maybe 5 times max.

I started noticing myself craving alcohol, which gave me cause for concern. I don’t think it’s good that I’m using it to help deal with stress. I now only allow myself to drink on Friday and Saturday (non work nights) and I’m good at sticking to it.
This summer though, when I wasn’t working, I drank every day. Never more than a glass or two, but drinking every day isn’t good. Right?

I have shared my concerns with my husband. He laughably says I’m crazy and he doesn’t think I have a problem because I’m very careful about controlling myself. Just to note: I NEVER drink if I'm going to drive. We are homebodies and only drink when we’re in for the night.

Just wondering what the Dis thinks, and what is “acceptable” for the amount a person drinks.

Thanks!

There's a term for it. Closet alcoholic. Very easy to graduate to full blown alcoholism. Get it under control before it controls your life.

There's a term for it. Closet alcoholic. Very easy to graduate to full blown alcoholism. Get it under control before it controls your life.

You are missing some.pretty big signs:
  • Say you have a problem or joke about alcoholism
  • Not keep up with major responsibilities at home, work, or school
  • Lose friendships or have relationship problems due to drinking, but you don’t quit alcohol
  • Have legal problems related to drinking, such as a DUI arrest
  • Need alcohol to relax or feel confident
  • Drink in the morning or when you’re alone
  • Get drunk when you don’t intend to
  • Forget what you did while drinking
  • Deny drinking, hide alcohol, or get angry when confronted about drinking
  • Cause loved ones to worry about or make excuses for your drinking

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter