I can't do winter anymore!

Do you realize how 'very' unusual some of this white stuff hitting the south?? Everyone loves it, so exciting!! My sis in Hammond, LA got 5+ inches - a real holiday there as it doesn't stay long at all - ground too warm!

Having grown up in AL and Fl, yes I understand how unusual it is.

Well the first snow of the season has begun In Boston:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 The only thing I like about it is the overtime from storm duty. Which btw gets me out of shoveling at home.

We just keep saying 5 years til retirement & fleeing MA

I'm on the gulf coast in S La. and yes it did snow. We got 3-4 inches which is crazy. Happens like once a decade or something. And today, high 57. Tomorrow back in the mid 60s. I'll take a cold day or two anytime over constant cold!

I'm sitting outside eating lunch. It must be 80F. Enjoying while I can.

Yes, I should say! At Disney now, and the wind chill with overcast and high humidity - even if in 50's is still very uncomfortable. The last 4 days of 80's here was 'great'!!!!

I just looked at Orlando's weather and it's only 12 degrees celsius right now, with wind chill, only 10. I didn't even know wind chill was a thing in Florida :O I hope it warms up soon, we'll be there in a week.

Do you realize how 'very' unusual some of this white stuff hitting the south?? Everyone loves it, so exciting!! My sis in Hammond, LA got 5+ inches - a real holiday there as it doesn't stay long at all - ground too warm!
Agreed! In NOLA here & we were upset that we missed out!

I just looked at Orlando's weather and it's only 12 degrees celsius right now, with wind chill, only 10. I didn't even know wind chill was a thing in Florida :O I hope it warms up soon, we'll be there in a week.

Oh, yes, definitely a wind chill!! Dh & I left the parks early - decided not to watch fireworks and be chilled even with warm clothing on. Supposed to be warming by Tuesday. We leave Wednesday! :( You should be fine!!

It snowed in Austin and San Antonio yesterday, North Alabama is getting hit with snow and ice as we speak. Is there nowhere safe from this mess anymore?

Seriously though, how many days until spring?
Come to Phoenix it's going to be 78 and sunny tomorrow.:beach: The Summers are a little toasty, but like most northerners say " you don't have to shovel heat".

Measured 9 inches of snow on my deck this morning in Kennesaw, GA. This is by far the most snow I have seen since leaving Chicago and Detroit in 2005.

I'm in Marietta, GA (West Cobb) and we measured 10"!! I grew up in the mountains of North Ga and I don't remember ever seeing this much snow even there! Once we managed to get out of our driveway today, I was shocked by how many pine trees were down everywhere-- just couldn't support the weight of the snow, I guess. It's a mess!

We are in Roswell, GA and lost power eight or nine separate times over the last day and a half, probably from trees taking the unprotected power lines down.

Here we are, staring down another 3-4 months of cold, ice, snow, wind, and miserable weather. Every year, for the 14 years I've lived here, I have sworn it was the last winter here. And yet, here I am, still anchored to this area. Still freezing, still aching, still dreading each low temp.

Hear my declaration now: this time next year I will be packing a moving truck and heading for a warmer climate!

Anyone else hate winter a dreaming of sunnier skies?

I am living in rental house with 2 very old dogs and no fence. Let's just say I am staring down the barrel of many many potty times.

Current routine, put on layers of clothes to take dogs out. I really need a Carhartt Bib Overalls and some warm boots!

Oh, yes, definitely a wind chill!! Dh & I left the parks early - decided not to watch fireworks and be chilled even with warm clothing on. Supposed to be warming by Tuesday. We leave Wednesday! :( You should be fine!!
Thanks! I'm sorry to hear the weather was cold while you were there. It's funny how even though we're used to the cold, when you're not really dressed for it, it sure is chilly.

We live in FL and went yesterday and honestly were kinda miserable even though we thought we'd dressed for the weather. I felt soooo bad for all the families that were clearly not ready for the weather. We saw so many kids crying - way more than the average "overtired" kid thing. I just honestly can't imagine if this was your big "paid a lot of money for the one week a year vacation" and then it was that cold. Poor people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter