I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
having a bad couple of days here. Got shut down buying a money order at my go to store yesterday and now today Amex is denying SO's Blue Biz bonus. He did not get the pop up for that card. Ugh, I used his card to pay for our wedding deposit. I could have put it on one the other 6 cards im working on meeting MSR for. :badpc::badpc::badpc: I have been hitting Amex hard so I guess I shouldn't complain. Ugh, I'm upset tho. He has never cancelled an Amex card. He has gotten 6 cards since Feb 2018.

How close to the statement close date did you meet the MSR...I’ve read that if it’s close to the close date the points have posted with the following months statement close
I met the pers spend about 10 days before my statement closed. So I was surprised the points weren’t there. Hopefully they post soon. The biz spend I just met last night but that statement won’t close until feb 20 so a lot of time to wait. Sure hope all this works out for our end March trip!!

SWA site...GAAH! had a drop in price today(a small one) and it won't allow me to change the flight!!! tried 4x on the website to do it.... is it b/c I booked a R/T and only want to change one leg?
So I just canceled and rebooked..... don't know what the problem was in changing!

Last edited:
@Lain another question regarding my dd. Dh won't put her as an additional user on his card, but he is giving her a VERY VERY generous weekly allowance. She's 16 (will be 17 in May) and has her own SSN. Would I be able to apply under her name for a Chase "starter" card (or any card really)? I would set the limit at $500.00 and pay it in full every month (I don't want her spending any more than that). She has never applied for any credit before and has no income to speak of other than the "allowance".

Any recommendations? I don't want to pay more than $100.00 AF and would love the first year waived.

SWA site...GAAH! had a drop in price today(a small one) and it won't allow me to change the flight!!! tried 4x on the website to do it.... is it b/c I booked a R/T and only want to change one leg?
So I just canceled and rebooked..... don't know what the problem was in changing!
I had issues with this last year so I called in and they changed it over the phone. Kind of a pain, but it worked!

having a bad couple of days here. Got shut down buying a money order at my go to store yesterday and now today Amex is denying SO's Blue Biz bonus. He did not get the pop up for that card. Ugh, I used his card to pay for our wedding deposit. I could have put it on one the other 6 cards im working on meeting MSR for. :badpc::badpc::badpc: I have been hitting Amex hard so I guess I shouldn't complain. Ugh, I'm upset tho. He has never cancelled an Amex card. He has gotten 6 cards since Feb 2018.
Oh man, that stinks. I still get pretty upset thinking about my Rose Gold bonus that didn't post. I'm so sorry!

I used to be the big planner. My DH would refer to me as "Julie McCoy, cruise director" for those of you old enough to remember the reference. Now, I do plan which days and get the FP but my family is done with commando style in general. My DD and I could handle commando though!
OT from trips... but that's my nickname a family friend gave me for life in general with my large family...:rotfl: last spring on our big family trip I finally became 'Julie the cruise director' 100%!:rotfl2:

Weird..I’ve changed one leg in the past before I just started booking each leg individually.

@Lain another question regarding my dd. Dh won't put her as an additional user on his card, but he is giving her a VERY VERY generous weekly allowance. She's 16 (will be 17 in May) and has her own SSN. Would I be able to apply under her name for a Chase "starter" card (or any card really)? I would set the limit at $500.00 and pay it in full every month (I don't want her spending any more than that). She has never applied for any credit before and has no income to speak of other than the "allowance".

Any recommendations? I don't want to pay more than $100.00 AF and would love the first year waived.

She needs to be 18 to get a card in her own name. I am not sure the reason your DH would not allow her to be an AU on his card, but it is good for their credit score to be listed as such and will make it easier when she does turn 18 to get her own.

Clearly Amex is working off some new algorithm we don't know about. Me, you, and @Lain all either getting pop ups or being denied. Something must be going on.

Dislike dislike dislike!!

We booked only 2 for our March trip, Beaches and Cream, which DS requested for his birthday, and Fantasmic Dessert Party. Last year I made 4 or 5 ADRs, and it was too much, I felt like I was always running to an ADR or trying to squeeze in a FP ride before an ADR. My epic fail was a FP for Soarin for which we raced across the park to get there in time, only to find the FP line was looong, then having to race back across the park and over to Beaches and Cream. We were all a bit cranky by the time we got there (the ice cream was worth it though)
I didn’t make any ADR’s for marathon weekend. We quickly realized that we are not QS people, we would rather pay $10 more dollars/person for a good meal. We made reservations a few hours before and it worked out great.

We will be making some ADRs for our August trip, including Beaches & Cream, never been and are excited about the kitchen sink.

Not sure if this has been discussed as I am behind on these pages.

But has anyone paid their utility bills at CVS with the CF? Trying to figure out exactly how to do this.
i typically buy a visa gift card at walgreens, using Pei to cover a portion of the fee.

doh, have u considered trying out Serve? i heard it works better than MOs. As for the 2nd part, im also wondering if ill get my bonus too. i recently just met my MSR but no bonus yet. No pop up either.

I haven't been able to change one leg in a while. Now I book one way tickets.

Thanks for this post - my flights home just dropped 900 points each so I was able to save a little.

i typically buy a visa gift card at walgreens, using Pei to cover a portion of the fee.

doh, have u considered trying out Serve? i heard it works better than MOs. As for the 2nd part, im also wondering if ill get my bonus too. i recently just met my MSR but no bonus yet. No pop up either.

Definitely getting serve. Have been super busy lately but I will hopefully try it out soon. I also have no problem with MOs driving out a bit to the suburbs. But it’s like a 15 min drive as opposed to 5 so it sucks a bit but it really isn’t that bad. I have to time it around traffic tho otherwise it could be a 40 min drive lol

I met the MSR in the beginning of January and didn’t get it so I reached out. Idk if I should hit the MSR on the other card he just got from Amex without the pop up.

Ugh that’s so crappy! They should tell you you won’t be getting the bonus. Did he ever get a pop up?

I met the pers spend about 10 days before my statement closed. So I was surprised the points weren’t there. Hopefully they post soon. The biz spend I just met last night but that statement won’t close until feb 20 so a lot of time to wait. Sure hope all this works out for our end March trip!!

SW Points seem to update at around 12 noon EST so hopefully they will be there in a couple hours.

I... what? I've tried to time my bathroom breaks, but it doesn't work that way!

I'm also curious how you are able to plan down to the minute in a place as unpredictable as WDW. For example, we've arrived for ADRs usually 5 minutes early, and we never get our table at the same time. Or if you do QS, maybe the line is longer than you expect. Or the bus line is longer and you have to wait for a second bus.

This is fascinating! And exhausting.
me too.... I find this interesting, but it's so not my style of WDW touring. I like a basic outline in place ,a few Fp's set...and then I like to be surprised. It's how I roll.:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter