I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have the CP for the rest of this year..I’d wait until the end of 2019...beginning of 2020 to apply and get the bonuses from a SW business and personal card so you get the CP for 2020 and 2021 as far as referrals you can refer from your personal but there aren’t any business referrals

Until the end of the year you could refer him to the CIP....and you both could open the other Chase business cards CIC and CIU...spacing them out every 2-3 months..if you can get a lot of referrals from the Disney card open that as well
I'm worried that if we try to wait until January to get the companion pass we wont be able to use it on the January trip. How soon after you hit the spend do you qualify and how soon to the flight can you add a companion onto a ticket? If we have already bought his tickets prior, will we be able to cancel mine and add me as his companion last minute?

Suggestions on getting Amex to raise a credit line? I only got $5k on the Everyday I just grabbed for the 0% balance transfer crap. And it'll only let me transfer $3750 of the $8400 I need to transfer. Call? SM? All my amex (minus my SPG biz) are capped at $5k, where as every other lender loves to give me $10-18k when they approve me, LOL. I have the money to pay off the difference in the bank, but I kinda wanted to hang onto my "safety" net as long as I can.

I think it was amex that doesn't like to increase CLs during the first month of a new card. I believe you have 60 days on the BT offer so you could wait it out and call then, or call now and explain the situation to see what the rep suggests. Maybe they can move credit from another card (or maybe a little from a couple of cards). I don't know what their ratios are for BT to CL, but a knowledgeable rep should.

I'm worried that if we try to wait until January to get the companion pass we wont be able to use it on the January trip. How soon after you hit the spend do you qualify and how soon to the flight can you add a companion onto a ticket? If we have already bought his tickets prior, will we be able to cancel mine and add me as his companion last minute?

Ok having the January trip is different...if you want the CP for that then you’d have to get the 110,000RR points in 2019....
Would you use it a lot in 2020/21...than it may make sense/be better to pay or use points for both tickets in January to have the CP for two years

Last edited:

...I will totally stay there again and our stay is the reason I am toying with getting back under 5/24 for a Marriott Biz card...

The Marriott Biz card is being discontinued at the same time as the SPG personal, so only have until 2/12 :(

Some brave soul on DoC is attempting an app over 5/24 anyway, despite DoCs Chase rep confirming all cards are supposed to have the requirement now. Here's the link to the comment if he comes back with good news ( although if it is good I doubt we'd need the comment, I suspect a update post with big capital letters in the headline would grab our attention :) ) : https://www.doctorofcredit.com/shou...-before-they-are-discontinued/#comment-711312

Thanks! His CIP goes his CSR. Seems like a PITA...so I decided from my account to my Hyatt instead of his. His status won't do much for us for that stay anyway.

Started thinking about fall football weekends already. Last fall, I was able to get some decent Marriott stays, but they are already showing unavailable on points. Looked at the Hyatt place and was able to get a room for 8K points/night....inflated football weekend cash value of $1195.41 for two nights! Hoping to watch Michigan redeem themselves against Notre Dame!

Go Blue!

Went to the Notre Dame/ Michigan game this year. (Well I guess it was last year now. Lol) Great game and great outcome.

Go Irish!

I needed either a return ticket (or really a ticket out of the country) because of the visa requirements. Or at least I assumed it because the visa application required a return date. I guess we could have tried it without it, but I am very wary.
We put a return date without a ticket for her visa w/o a problem, but her end date was in 2020 :)

Anyone flown overseas in United Premium Economy? He is used to Delta Comfort Plus but this seems to be the same type of class? We have never flown United for anything so very unfamiliar.

I know there's a good amount of Swaggers on here so this is an interesting crossover for those looking at the CapitalOne cards, SB has offers for some CapOne sign ups. This isn't a totally new concept for SB, you've been able to sign up for the Target RedCard (for a pittance) and I thought I saw some other CC's on there; but this is probably the biggest bank so far. I spotted this on DoC so I get no credit whatsoever for it even though I'm on my way to being a Monthly Master this month for a change :laughing:
Get $50-$75 per Capital One Credit Card Approval through Swagbucks [Select Cards]

The usual disclaimers, it's Swagbucks, offer tracking is hit or miss. Some people have no problems and nearly every sign up tracks, others can't get an automatic credit to save their life. Up to the individual whether it's worth the chance of it not tracking and trying to get it manually credited. But you probably don't lose much by trying it if you were going to apply for the card anyway.

Ok, that makes me feel better. Well, better knowing it will be delayed. I always get paranoid.

I also like that instant gratification! I see the remaining credit is less than my CL so I know the charges I made are truly pending. I guess its something I will just have to deal with in order to get the 80,000 UR haha
The Biz accounts are weird. I have charges slow to show as pending, disappear for a while then post. So annoying. The credit available seems up to date and reflects recent charges. The rest is a mess.

First- Thank you everyone for your friendly replies and likes when I posted several days ago.
Second- this thread has existed for a few hours less than exactly 7 days.
There are 102 pages
Over 2025 posts

If you keep it up, you may be millionaires by July 4th...................Good Luck!
YO! We don't mess around here :)

To make things easier to keep up with, we recently created a "News" thread on our reddit group with highlights of the conversation here https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/aj6vx6/news_discussion_thread/

Ok... here with go with our cars.

I'm on my third Camry in my 12th year of driving. That sounds so wrong, doesn't it? I got my mom's 98 Camry as a hand me down when I turned 16... would have drove that thing forever (white, leather, sunroof, spoiler, tinted windows... parents got it after it had been leased new by a dealership employee for 1-2yrs). I was home for the summer from college at 20 when I left the sunroof open over night, the only time I've ever done that in my life, and some kid

SET IT ON FIRE

:furious::furious::furious::furious:

Yeah. Still have pictures of that damage. It was awful, it was in such good shape and 150k miles. I still get upset when I see similar ones on the road.

Then I had a Pontiac Grand Am from the As-Is trade in row at the Honda dealer, to take back to school, for about a year. Poor car was junk, and someone hit it and busted the taillight while it was parked at my apartment.

Then I got a 2003 Camry we bought from my cousin... had that for a few years, it needed some minor work that my dad would not do (and wouldn't let DH do for stupid reasons... :sad2:) which turned into problems ignored that turned into major problems. I'd have to stop to add oil multiple times driving it back to NE. Originally I wanted to buy it off my dad, but after all that and some other drama going on, I went car shopping.

And now I have a 2016 Camry, sunroof, leather, heated seats. Pearl white. And I've never giving it up! But I might get the windows tinted :)

DH shared a 90s Ford Tbird with his brothers in high school, then had a Buick Park Avenue Electra (man he misses that car still :laughing:), an old Dodge Van, drove his mom's old Ford Taurus after his brother was done with it for a bit, then his dad's old 90s Ford Ranger for a bit, then a Ford Fusion, and now a Ford F150.

They're a Ford family.

Seriously, DH drove this creeper van in college and I still started dating him :rotfl2:

bDJDnDIl.jpg

And because it's on my mind now... RIP first Camry... I miss you :sad:
Hhmh3gZl.jpg

I'm sorry...but this one HAS to be NEWSWORTHY!!! Added it to the thread!!

I put up a post about Two CIPs with SSN (No EIN) on r/DISchurners.

Tagging @PolyRob, @DrFacilier, @*WDW*Groupie*, @wendow, @miztressuz, @SouthFayetteFan, and whoever else was interested.
This one is NEWSWORTHY!

Here's the link to this "Newsworthy" thread if interested on DISchurners: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/aj6vx6/news_discussion_thread/

DF is at 2/24, CSR, CIP, and The Costco visa.

I'm thinking we want to go for a companion pass because mine expires at the end of the year and we have some January/feb 2020 travel we want to do. Is there preference of personal or business first? And anything else he should do with chase before the business southwest while he's under? I'm about to go under 5/24 myself. I'm thinking about either the Disney or the Hyatt or both this year for myself. (The Disney so I can get family to take referrals as we have a Disney wedding next year so I can use all the bonuses I can get lol)

I currently have
Both personal SW
SW Biz
CSR
CF
CFU
IHG
CIP
Marriot
Marriot Biz
SPG
SPG Biz
Old delta amex (I just keep for credit history)
Amazon Visa

I am thinking I can refer him to both southwest cards this year. I'm thinking I should open the hyatt or Disney and then refer him to that before he opens the southwest biz, or does someone else have a better idea? I'm really trying to churn for Disney gift cards as I can use them to pay on the wedding. Because of this I'm also not too worried about spends for the bonuses. Guide me oh smart ones :)
Just to make sure you know this - you can only get one SW personal card per 24 months. So unfortunately you will not be able to refer him to both SW personal cards (and biz don't have referrals although others already pointed that out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter