I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you and DH are in a good position to really earn some big bonuses!

1. Is your CIP still open? The big thing right now is it appears Chase is not enforcing any 24-months limitation on getting another signup bonus ("SUB") from the Ink cards. So if you still have your CIP open, you can refer yourself and DH to another CIP. That's a 20k UR bonus per approved referral, and 80k UR SUB after meeting the $5k MSR. For more detail, check out the post about this on DISchurners.

However, although there does not appear to be any limitations about currently having the card, or receiving a SUB on the card in the past 24 months, Chase remains sensitive to your velocity (how many cards they see you've opened and how frequently in the past 3, 6, 12 months), and we recommend waiting at least 2-3 months since your last approved Chase card or card from any issuer that Chase can see from your credit report to apply for a new Chase card. Chase is also sensitive to how much credit they've already extended to you on Chase personal and business cards, so it's always recommended to keep your credit lines <50% of your reported household income -- the lower the better -- and trim unnecessarily high credit lines before applying for another Chase card to increase your chances of automatic (no recon) approval.

2. There are currently no referrals for the CSR. However, if DH were to product change his CSR to a CSP, he could refer you to the CSP and earn a 15k UR referral bonus (just increased from 10k UR like 2 days ago). The CSP SUB is now 60k UR, but no longer waives the $95 AF in the first year. Note that the CSP and CIP both allows you to transfer UR to Chase's transfer partners like United, but they make UR points worth only 25% more when redeemed through the Chase UR travel portal. If and when you and DH are ready to make a redemption through the travel portal and want that 50% bonus (UR points are worth 1.5 cpp), DH can product change his CSP back to the CSR.

3. Amex also has another bonus ineligibility pop up that warns you if you have or have had the card product before, and therefore won't get another signup bonus.

As for the ineligibility pop up based on history, i.e., if Amex has labeled you a bad customer or a gamer -- if you don't get that pop up, your odds are probably better than a month or two ago of getting the bonus and not being surprised by Amex denying the bonus even though you didn't get the pop up. But I'd still probably hold my breath until the bonus actually posts.

A lot of folks who didn't get the dreaded pop up when they signed up for new cards, but then didn't see their bonuses post after hitting MSR, suddenly saw their bonuses post about a month ago (sometimes months after meeting MSR) even though some of them had been told by Amex that their bonuses were being denied because of "rewards abuse" or some such BS. The thought is Amex may have received a lot of CFPB complaints or requests for arbitration, and perhaps realized their fine print that they can deny bonuses based on whatever may be on shaky legal ground.

There's probably still a small chance Amex could deny your bonus even if you didn't get the pop up, but I think you're probably a lot safer from a no pop up bonus denial now than folks were a few months ago.

A HUGE thank you again for all of this great information and refreshers.

So in light of the $&*%# United news I think my best bet would be 1) rack up UR mainly via SUB (and checking our current credit extended and lowering limits if needed before applying) and if partner awards are ok when my booking window opens I’m still covered but not stuck with a ton of United miles if things change, and 2) a mix of Amex MR and Amex Delta SUB.

My CIP is still open and DH is still holding both CSP and CSR so he should be able to refer me to CSP using his current CSP.

We totally took advantage of the 50% travel bonus with his CSR and paid off our entire cruise last Dec on NCL Escape. Over $4k all covered with UR. It was awesome! Now if only Chase was offering Disney redemptions again...

Thank you for all of the self referral tips!!

Semi-good news?
  • United isn’t immediately adjusting redemption costs on partner airlines, but they’re also not publishing a partner award chart anymore, so I expect we’ll see those change over time. - OMAAT
  • [T]hese changes do not affect how partner awards are being priced at this time. There will be “some variability if United segments” are included in the flight itinerary. - VFTW

Hi everyone,
Since we're already getting close to hitting MSR on my CIP, I'm thinking about the next card.

P1
  • 5/06 - AmEx SPG/Bonvoy
  • 1/07 - Chase Freedom
  • 5/17 - Citi AA
  • 2/19 - Citi Costco
  • 3/19 - CIP
P2
  • 5/06 - AmEx SPG/Bonvoy
  • 7/08 - Chase Slate
  • 5/17 - Citi AA (AU)
  • 2/19 - Citi Costco (AU)

I was planning on applying for CIP for P2, then #2 for me once I've reached 3 months. We can comfortably push $4k/mo spend, so I feel like we're going to outspend the pace at which I can get us more Chase cards.

Should I be mixing in some other cards, like an AA biz? Or should I apply for P2 CIP now so I can try to get us each CIP #2s while that's still an option? Or some other plan I haven't thought of? With so few cards we have a lot of flexibility, and a lot of organic spend--so I'm trying to figure out how to make the most of our situation. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I’d apply for P2’s CIP with a referral from P1...easy 100k URs with the 20k referral and 80k SUB

Welcome to RI. Why the heck would you want to come here? LOL

Lol!!! Wait until she sees it just starting hailing/snowing/raining!

LOL! Actually I lived in Newport when I was little then returned for OIS. We flew in and drove to Worcester tonight since DD is considering Clark U for the next four years. I was not pleased to be driving in angry fat rain (aka snow) tonight . Fortunately tomorrow is supposed to be warmer and almost sunny. DD is happy with the cold weather so that’s good I guess (?).

DD has now been to 45 states so that and avoiding Boston traffic made me pick PVD.

LOL! Actually I lived in Newport when I was little then returned for OIS. We actually flew in and drove to Worcester tonight since DD is considering Clark U for the next four years. I was not pleased to be driving in angry fat rain (aka snow) tonight . Fortunately tomorrow is supposed to be warmer and almost sunny. DD is happy with the cold weather so that’s good I guess (?).

Glad you made it safely and I hope you have a fun visit. Sorry about the snow; I hope the warm weather shows up tomorrow as promised. :goodvibes

What is wrong with 95 north of Fredericksburg? Congestion? Have you taken 29?

Any part of 95 north of Fredericksburg, whether you're going southbound or northbound, is typically a nightmare. On a Saturday morning, there should be more northbound 95 traffic than southbound, so you might be okay getting to Fredericksburg and then using Route 3 to cut over to 29 from there.

On the bright side, you will literally never hit traffic in Lynchburg lol.

It's been an absolutely terrible week and hellish day. I spent it in the ER with DH. But now we are home and he is doing better and resting.

Our Las Vegas Aerosmith trip is in 5 days. At 8 p.m. DH said he still wanted to go. I just booked a room through the Luxury Resort Collection via Chase. I really like that perk - comes with the premium UR earning cards and the United card (and probably some others too).

I hope this weekend is quiet. I'm about mentally done.

I obviously haven't been on here today but I see a comment about United... which lead me to DoC... which led me to sigh in disgust. Getting rid of award charts is garbage.

It's been an absolutely terrible week and hellish day. I spent it in the ER with DH. But now we are home and he is doing better and resting.

Our Las Vegas Aerosmith trip is in 5 days. At 8 p.m. DH said he still wanted to go. I just booked a room through the Luxury Resort Collection via Chase. I really like that perk - comes with the premium UR earning cards and the United card (and probably some others too).

I obviously haven't been on here today but I see a comment about United... which lead me to DoC... which led me to sigh in disgust. Getting rid of award charts is garbage.
I'm so sorry about your dh. Hope your trip to see Aerosmith goes well and y'all have a good time! Not familiar with that Chase perk. I'll have to look into it!

I am so sorry you and your DH were in the ER today. Glad to hear he is doing better. I've never looked into that perk - I guess I'll add that to my list of things to do.

My dh isn’t going to be left out very easily though :rotfl2: Not sure how some of y’all pull that piece off!
I’m pretty sure I couldn’t do a solo trip or just a mother-son trip. Anyone left home would have a fit

Sorry about your DH, hope he is feeling better quickly. I have to agree on the crap week. For me not on a personal level but work is awful. My boss was laid off, super busy in the unit I work in, with lots of weird hectic stuff going on.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Not for the Spring outing. We are flying into Chicago that weekend for the opening of the new Hamilton exhibit and of course to see the show in Chicago too. We will likely be there for the fall Dapper Days outing.
I just realized today that was the weekend we picked this month :)

Approved for Chase Ink Cash today after initially getting the 30 day message 3 days ago. This is the 5th Chase Biz for me. Only at 2/24. Recent Chase apps . . . Hyatt 8/11, CIP 11/1, CIU 2/1. Note that I DID NOT get 0% for a year on this one (think that's a recent change). Hope this helps somebody, and happy Friday!

Sorry about the United news guys. It’s been a couple busy days so I’ve been somewhat quiet here. I closed a huge deal so that’s good news - if I can land 1 more of these this year I’ll be all set (commercial banking is fun sometimes, haha).

I figured out what happened with me AA Biz card. It got tied up in verification and I missed the voicemail because I get so many junk calls/vmails each day. I should get it next week now.

Last edited:
Okay, Hilton Honors/American Express is playing with me. I got a HH email for an 80k bonus on the no fee personal card with 1K spend.

I look on the Amex website and its 100K (for me) with 1k spend.

I log in and it's 75K with 1k spend.

I mentioned possibly getting this card. They are spying on me.....

Unless they throw in anything extra on the others, the support links will give you 100k for 1k and you could support yourself at the same time :)
But will you ever see Chase again if you go that route?

Wow that is a terrible week but hopefully that means the worst is done now and DH turns the corner in time for fun next week.

I’m glad to hear that your DH is better. Hope you enjoy your upcoming trip!

Unless they throw in anything extra on the others, the support links will give you 100k for 1k and you could support yourself at the same time :)
But will you ever see Chase again if you go that route?

Probably not. I don't need a hotel card right now. It's just fomo. I need to chill and actually go somewhere with what I have.

Same here. If there is only one child then all it does is make someone feel left out. Otherwise I'd love to take a mother/daughter trip.

We have had AP’s for the last couple years. 3 years ago I wanted to take a trip before they expired. DH couldn’t miss work so I went on a 5 night trip with them D9. (If you are doing it definitely go before the child becomes an adult). She was able to go and the other 2 were ok with it because they knew they would have their turns so it has worked out ok. This trip I’m on now when we are leaving is just with DH so the girls were saying it is Daddy’s turn. Trip with my youngest I just switched to next month?!? Only bad part is that my oldest then started up that we would start over and she would get to go again. I don’t think so...trips alone are fun but honestly I have the best time when we have our own fabulous 5 together. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter