I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The discussion of Chase shutdowns this morning made me worry less about my plan to go for another Chase business card 2 months after opening first. Sure it is a little risky, but other than the Ink Cash in March before that my last Chase Card was April 2018. I just want another card because I have made the spend so quick and can easily make a MSR. Hopefully that will be okay when Chase has people like on Reddit to shutdown. Some (a lot) of that behavior is beyond crazy.

I also have to say thank you for all the nurses, doctors, caregivers on this board! DH had knee replacement on Thursday and honestly he is a horrible patient and I am an even worse nurse. It is so miserable; I really don’t know how people do it. At least the girls have had and are having a good holiday weekend with grandparents and cousins.

Meanwhile, this talk about having spouse’s etc away on business has me contemplating applying for jobs for DH that involve travel! He has his 20 in law enforcement so technically could retire; I just have pushed him to hold off for both financial and emotional well being issues. But now after this surgery I am thinking “well I apply for him for credit card applications all the time, isn’t turning in his resume to employers where he would travel and get out pretty much the same thing?!?”

It was good!
I took my kids over spring break. I slept through about a half hour of it (not because it wasn't good but because movies put me to sleep). DD is a Marvel nut but she loved it. DS usually sighs and complains through everything but he didn't so he must have liked it. I also liked the foster family angle. Second movie I've seen lately (the first being instant family) that has shown foster families in a positive light.

We were driving by ACNB bank and the sign was flashing about a $300 bonus and my boys (DH and DS) said oh, no Mom has perked up. I checked DOC and it was not listed so I checked their website and it looks like an easy $300 but it is spread out over the year. It’s one per household/address. I still need to do M&T Bank one for DH also.

Last edited:
I also have to say thank you for all the nurses, doctors, caregivers on this board! DH had knee replacement on Thursday and honestly he is a horrible patient and I am an even worse nurse. It is so miserable; I really don’t know how people do it. At least the girls have had and are having a good holiday weekend with grandparents and cousins.
Hope your DH has a quick recovery!

Guys I just booked a Disney cruise! We are doing the San Juan to New Orleans in February on the Wonder. Tons of delicious sea days. Used my placeholder and got a good price. We have never been to San Juan. I wanted to go there and spend some money to help the economy. :beach:

Now I get to do the fun stuff of booking the flights with miles and the hotels with points. I'll be saving my soon to be acquired 150,000 Hilton points for this trip! Yeah!

Hang in there! It's easier to be a caregiver to my patients than it was to my DH when he had ankle surgery. I often tell the spouse's of my patients that there should be a support group!
Knee replacements are rough the first couple of weeks but it gets better! First month he'll hate his doctor, PT etc and wonder why he did this! Then he'll come around!

Hoppy Easter everybunny!
:mickeyjum

Off to start cooking.

Not cooking in the traditional sense. The high today will be about 68 so not too hot or cold. Today we have myself and daughter and the two grandchildren. Mom is now in Miami and won't be home until tomorrow. Dad is happy to let me deal with the kids.

So, we picked up king crab legs precooked so just need warming. Daughter will grill salmon on a cedar plank and I pretend I don't know how - I let it be her specialty. She will do a marinade first and it is outstanding. Also sliced small potatoes roasted with olive oil and rosemary. Plus whatever else matches that is microwaveable or in a jar or frozen veggies and apple sauce<g>. I'm not spending the day trying to get kids to eat stuff that took hours to prepare. They definitely love 'meat' - ie crab and salmon!

And, for easter surprises, we have play doh! Kids love that stuff and I absolutely hate it, but we will do it outside on the picnic table so the mess can stay there. Costco had a set on sale yesterday for 9.97. We don't feed them much candy so they don't even expect it.

Hey! I'm seeing an extra 75,000 Marriott bonbon points in my wife's Amex account for her legacy SPG card this morning, but they haven't posted to her Marriott account yet. I guess she got her 75k SUB despite getting hit with the dreaded pop up on the Amex Gold in October and on the SPG card in January, before finally getting approved without the pop up in February. I half expected these points not to post, so I haven't been in any rush to meet MSR. So yay!

The discussion of Chase shutdowns this morning made me worry less about my plan to go for another Chase business card 2 months after opening first. Sure it is a little risky, but other than the Ink Cash in March before that my last Chase Card was April 2018. I just want another card because I have made the spend so quick and can easily make a MSR. Hopefully that will be okay when Chase has people like on Reddit to shutdown. Some (a lot) of that behavior is beyond crazy.

Meanwhile, this talk about having spouse’s etc away on business has me contemplating applying for jobs for DH that involve travel! He has his 20 in law enforcement so technically could retire; I just have pushed him to hold off for both financial and emotional well being issues. But now after this surgery I am thinking “well I apply for him for credit card applications all the time, isn’t turning in his resume to employers where he would travel and get out pretty much the same thing?!?”

Hope he gets better soon! DH did a total knee Weds and I think it's better to do the procedure than have it done, for sure.

I am a horrible nurse as well (except to my dogs and foster dogs) so I feel your pain...I hate when DH is under the weather and I can't imagine what he'd be like post op. :scared1:

Happy Easter everyone!

I took my kids over spring break. I slept through about a half hour of it (not because it wasn't good but because movies put me to sleep). DD is a Marvel nut but she loved it. DS usually sighs and complains through everything but he didn't so he must have liked it. I also liked the foster family angle. Second movie I've seen lately (the first being instant family) that has shown foster families in a positive light.
I liked the foster family dynamic too. They were all really cute together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter