I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you have the CSR that’s great...the CSP 80k bonus is rumored to go away 11/8
Is this true? I guess from their perspective it makes 100% sense...:sad: So I *finally* went and looked at my stats for CSR.... I had been thinking I was the first to get one, but nope it was DH.... opened 12/1/16- got bonus on 12/18/16- 1/17/17 statement....that means He won't be eligible for another until after 1/17/21? :scared: So I'm totally going to miss out on that 80k.... I didn't even get one until mid January 2017...I can't really whine since ya' know,those initial bonuses and all:rolleyes1.... (but I want to whine) so I have a question, if I didn't get the CSr till 1/17,why does my TC reset on the 1st of December? (and why can't I ever remember this detail?:rotfl2:) So anyway,to my question- once the TC hits, I can PC to something,and then just wait to app till Feb?

Is this true? I guess from their perspective it makes 100% sense...:sad: So I *finally* went and looked at my stats for CSR.... I had been thinking I was the first to get one, but nope it was DH.... opened 12/1/16- got bonus on 12/18/16- 1/17/17 statement....that means He won't be eligible for another until after 1/17/21? :scared: So I'm totally going to miss out on that 80k.... I didn't even get one until mid January 2017...I can't really whine since ya' know,those initial bonuses and all:rolleyes1.... (but I want to whine) so I have a question, if I didn't get the CSr till 1/17,why does my TC reset on the 1st of December? (and why can't I ever remember this detail?:rotfl2:) So anyway,to my question- once the TC hits, I can PC to something,and then just wait to app till Feb?
Don’t know if the date is accurate...it was reported on doctor of credit :confused3
yes after you use the travel credit...PC to another card and apply 48 months after your last bonus posted

Last edited:
And, I've been reading a lot on other parts of the Disboards. It's really difficult for me to post under a lot of these forums. I'm put off by a lot of the moderator activity, even when I'm on topic and there should not be an issue. No, they are not censoring what I've written - that's very little right now.

I'm used to this mega thread and pretty much keep up with it. Not so much other threads on the Dis. For instance if I go to a forum and it has 3K responses to something that catches my eye, I skip it. It's too overwhelming to get into, for the light reading that I come there for, so that makes me catch why some people will actually post a separate credit card question on the Budget Board.

In any case, I find that the predominant activity is 'merged you to the existing thread'. Or, 'somebody answered your question so this is over'. Locked thread. Leaves no room for any future ideas or comments. This action is not because someone misspoke or is trying to cause trouble. So, I see that on many of the forums there is less and less to catch your interest. I certainly agree with stopping threads that go south, but there just seems to be an increasing number of redirected postings. Makes it pretty boring. Then there is the Community board.......

With the demise of the Disney experience this year, perspective has changed. It's too bad this forum is not really keeping up with that.

I think part of the problem is the same stuff keeps getting asked or it ends up in a conversation about masks. The same questions are repeatedly asked in the dis fb group and the run Disney group I'm in. Though it's more common to see locked posts in the run group but when it's the 20th post about virtual medals in a week I get it. Those groups, like here, try to keep things on topic or at least in one thread. Which is the one nice thing about not having a mod here, all those cc questions would get folded into this thread.

I think it's also hard because not as many people are traveling and the holiday stuff, deals etc that would be hot topics now don't exist. There's only so much to talk about. I rarely venture outside here, the news board and the podcast board. No reason to when I'm not planning and things will change again. I'd love to start reading more about Tokyo dl at least but how it was and how it is now won't be how it os next Sept so why bother.

So, here is a total noob WDW question for you that I am too scared to post over on the other boards.

Is there no way to WALK from Caribbean Beach Resort to Hollywood Studios? I can only get Maps to give me a driving path, but as the crow (or Skyliner) flies, it looks like a straight shot and a very reasonable distance. I'm reading all the reports of people trying to get to HS in time for a ROTR boarding group and I am just thinking how much easier it would be (less hassle waiting for the Skyliner or trying to get an Uber but not too early so that they turn you away) and it really seems like I'd just like to walk. Guessing that's a no-go?

Speaking of sports, what is the best streaming service to get these days? Usually get in time for College Football or basketball season. I think it has been over a year since we had any though. Looking to sign up today. Dang, they have gotten pricey in the last year since we had it last.

I think part of the problem is the same stuff keeps getting asked or it ends up in a conversation about masks. The same questions are repeatedly asked in the dis fb group and the run Disney group I'm in. Though it's more common to see locked posts in the run group but when it's the 20th post about virtual medals in a week I get it. Those groups, like here, try to keep things on topic or at least in one thread. Which is the one nice thing about not having a mod here, all those cc questions would get folded into this thread.

I think it's also hard because not as many people are traveling and the holiday stuff, deals etc that would be hot topics now don't exist. There's only so much to talk about. I rarely venture outside here, the news board and the podcast board. No reason to when I'm not planning and things will change again. I'd love to start reading more about Tokyo dl at least but how it was and how it is now won't be how it os next Sept so why bother.

I get this and from the perspective of the people that are reading it over and over again, it may be somewhat annoying.

But, if someone comes and asks the question - telling them they should have read 2000 pages because 'it's been answered' and in effect making them feel unwelcome is not a productive endeavor.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Disboards existence is to a certain extent for monetary reasons, as well as a haven for Disney nerds and people who want to talk Disney and learn. Dreams Unlimited, real estate sales, advertising - that's why I say it's counterproductive to shoo away the person that asks the same answered question for the 85h time. Anyone in sales knows that if they don't cater to the customer's needs and create some sort of trust bond the customer will find a way to have their needs met elsewhere. I could get into this subject with lots of references to this thread alone, but I'll let that lie.

I've been around here long enough that if I felt I needed some booking help, I would give DU a try - maybe for cruises or ABD? Stuff that I don't keep on top of. Or, if I saw a promo I could use, I'd go for it. The person coming off the street has the whole internet to look at.

The debate subject that you mentioned, that would be something I whole heartedly agree with moving off to the Community board. It is not productive and just ends in stalemate. That and a few other topics that have turned into hot buttons.

Speaking of sports, what is the best streaming service to get these days? Usually get in time for College Football or basketball season. I think it has been over a year since we had any though. Looking to sign up today. Dang, they have gotten pricey in the last year since we had it last.
YouTube tv meets ds’ needs although we aren’t watching much sports right now.

My Costco got self checkouts!!!

So, here is a total noob WDW question for you that I am too scared to post over on the other boards.

Is there no way to WALK from Caribbean Beach Resort to Hollywood Studios? I can only get Maps to give me a driving path, but as the crow (or Skyliner) flies, it looks like a straight shot and a very reasonable distance. I'm reading all the reports of people trying to get to HS in time for a ROTR boarding group and I am just thinking how much easier it would be (less hassle waiting for the Skyliner or trying to get an Uber but not too early so that they turn you away) and it really seems like I'd just like to walk. Guessing that's a no-go?

First the answer - no walking path. This is the trend at most resorts. The roadways around Disney are just not conducive to walking. Way too much traffic and danger.

This is why staying at a few places are high on people's lists for convenience - Boardwalk/Yacht and Beach plus S/D = walk to DHS and Epcot.
Contemporary, (GF and Poly - when the path opens) - walking access to MK.
OKW and SSR have the walking ability for Disney Springs.

These walks are not along roadways.

I could suggest an Uber to Boardwalk and breakfast at the Bakery - not inside, you sit outside at tables - it's usually open by 6:30 in normal times but not sure whats going on now. Then you could take a nice stroll over to DHS. It's 10-15 minutes depending on your speed.

And back to my earlier posts - look what she said 'too scared to post on the other boards'. How many people just like our friend are being put off because the rest of the boards are just NOT friendly?

Need the big brains here:

Currently I have an offer on the BBP for Staples- get 10% back up to $40.

I need Disney Gift Cards for my upcoming trip.

I'd rather order the cards online instead of having to physically go track them down, and I see that there is a slight surcharge for that, so for $400 worth of GCs the total is $407.96. Theoretically I should get $40 back so total expenditure would be $400 worth of gift cards for $367.96.

1. Is my math correct?
  2. Do any of you have experience with buying these online from Staples, and does it in fact "credit" on your Amex?
  3. Is this actually a good deal, or am I better off buying Disney GC's at Target for only 5% off but I have to use my regular Target debit so don't get any points/UR's/CR's anywhere for the purchase?

I do NOT have an MSR right now on any card.

What would you do?

I could suggest an Uber to Boardwalk and breakfast at the Bakery - not inside, you sit outside at tables - it's usually open by 6:30 in normal times but not sure whats going on now. Then you could take a nice stroll over to DHS. It's 10-15 minutes depending on your speed.

Oh that's very interesting... I will have to look into that.

This is why I need my experts here!

Thank you!

them they should have read 2000 pages because 'it's been answered' and in effect making them feel unwelcome is not a productive endeavor

And while I agree to an extent, the same question may get asked multiple times a day, it does on FB. There's a difference between what card should I get and what's the mask policy or where are my virtual medals. A lot of these questions people don't want to look through a long thread for could be answered by google or a search of the boards. People are lazy and want someone else to do the work, so many times it's not asking for clarification. And this isn't just a Disney or a dis problem but over all. Why look it up myself when social media will do it for me.

Sorry if that comes off bad, bit cranky today :rolleyes1

Totally off topic but it feels REALLY strange to be watching the US Open, with golfers in long sleeves, on a September Saturday that should be reserved for college football... 2020 my friends, 2020...
:) My dad's only real hobby was golf. As the youngest of 6 daughters, I spent the most time with him watching golf on weekend afternoons. He spent a lot of time golfing after he retired. I usually watch the US Open on Father's Day weekend in his memory.

YouTube tv meets ds’ needs although we aren’t watching much sports right now.

My Costco got self checkouts!!!
I want those!!! (And it’s never gonna happen because stuff gets stolen so much where I live through the self-checkout situations. Target won’t even let you process your own coupons because people scanned real coupons and dropped blank pieces of paper in to the coupon deposit slot 😂)

I'd rather order the cards online instead of having to physically go track them down, and I see that there is a slight surcharge for that, so for $400 worth of GCs the total is $407.96. Theoretically I should get $40 back so total expenditure would be $400 worth of gift cards for $367.96.

1. Is my math correct?
  2. Do any of you have experience with buying these online from Staples, and does it in fact "credit" on your Amex?
  3. Is this actually a good deal, or am I better off buying Disney GC's at Target for only 5% off but I have to use my regular Target debit so don't get any points/UR's/CR's anywhere for the purchase?

What would you do?

your math looks correct..I haven’t purchased Disney gift cards online at Staples with my BBP only in store but everything tracked properly and the $40 credit posted

1. Is my math correct?

What would you do?

I don't have the answer although I did get a 10% off at Staples and used it on fee free Visa cards so I essentially got cash. But I did it instore.

So, this made me wonder is it possible to use the Visa gift cards online anywhere that has discounted Disney gift cards? I sometimes forget the rules for certain things. For instance - Sam's Club online - will a visa gift card process there? To buy slightly discounted DGC's?

I don't have the answer although I did get a 10% off at Staples and used it on fee free Visa cards so I essentially got cash. But I did it instore.

So, this made me wonder is it possible to use the Visa gift cards online anywhere that has discounted Disney gift cards? I sometimes forget the rules for certain things. For instance - Sam's Club online - will a visa gift card process there? To buy slightly discounted DGC's?
Sam’s is the only one I know

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter