• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed their cash access lines for Chase being drastically cut? I just got a bunch of statements, and noticed that on two of my cards that have only a $2000 charge limit, the cash advance amount was cut to $100. It had been only $400, which was an amount they had lowered it to from $1000 when I requested to lower my credit limit. That first decrease, I understood. Also, it was pre Covid when I lowered my limits and they first cut the cash access line.

Then, on a Reserve and a Freedom with limits of $12300 and $13000, the lines were cut to $615 and $650. Haven’t checked my two SW cards yet.

Credit limits haven’t been cut (yet). I don’t carry a balance and credit score is over 800. I have no intention of using the cash advance feature, but it was still pretty shocking to see $100 on two of my cards. And once again, no notice from Chase that I could see.

This is probably just a general tightening of credit, but ouch! Even though it was not something I ever planned on using, it was nice to see it there. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their Chase cards.
I don’t look at my cash advance limits so hadn’t notice... but looking now my CSR the credit limit is the same $10,000 but the cash advance limit was reduced this month from $2,000 to $500...so in line with your reductions of 20% to 5% of the credit limit

Last edited:
@ctinct I took a look at a couple of statements online for my IHG and for my Hyatt from 2015.

Cash advance available was at 20% on both cards. Now it's at 5%.

I only checked one statement for each card so didn't discover when the change took place.

Has anyone else noticed their cash access lines for Chase being drastically cut? I just got a bunch of statements, and noticed that on two of my cards that have only a $2000 charge limit, the cash advance amount was cut to $100. It had been only $400, which was an amount they had lowered it to from $1000 when I requested to lower my credit limit. That first decrease, I understood. Also, it was pre Covid when I lowered my limits and they first cut the cash access line.

Then, on a Reserve and a Freedom with limits of $12300 and $13000, the lines were cut to $615 and $650. Haven’t checked my two SW cards yet.

Credit limits haven’t been cut (yet). I don’t carry a balance and credit score is over 800. I have no intention of using the cash advance feature, but it was still pretty shocking to see $100 on two of my cards. And once again, no notice from Chase that I could see.

This is probably just a general tightening of credit, but ouch! Even though it was not something I ever planned on using, it was nice to see it there. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their Chase cards.

Yes, noticed it a couple weeks ago. For my cards, only the ones that I moved CL are affected and only since late September/October. Cards that I touched before that are still at 20% last I checked. But new cards are getting it too. Seems to be the new norm, 5% instead of 20%.

Advice/opinions please.

Some of you may recall that American so kindly switched my return from a nonstop to a plane change in DFW (this is coming back from WDW).

Of course since they changed it, they so graciously assigned our seats in the very very last row so no recline and right near the lavatories. The flight looks very full.

It's a three hour flight- me and my husband.

I can "upgrade" to the exit row seats for $31 per seat. There are no other rows with two seats together.

Think it is worth it? The tickets themselves were on points.

Advice/opinions please.

Some of you may recall that American so kindly switched my return from a nonstop to a plane change in DFW (this is coming back from WDW).

Of course since they changed it, they so graciously assigned our seats in the very very last row so no recline and right near the lavatories. The flight looks very full.

It's a three hour flight- me and my husband.

I can "upgrade" to the exit row seats for $31 per seat. There are no other rows with two seats together.

Think it is worth it? The tickets themselves were on points.

First off, 😒 that really sucks I’m sorry! This is probably a very “up-to-you” decision, but personally, I would do it. Especially as it will likely get you an upgraded boarding group. AA boards by group whereas United is boarding back to front these days, so I don’t mind sitting in the back on United as I’ll get bin space, but for American I’d upgrade.

First off, 😒 that really sucks I’m sorry! This is probably a very “up-to-you” decision, but personally, I would do it. Especially as it will likely get you an upgraded boarding group. AA boards by group whereas United is boarding back to front these days, so I don’t mind sitting in the back on United as I’ll get bin space, but for American I’d upgrade.
Thank you.

I have the Citi AA Biz so I know that gets us Boarding Group 5 I believe, which is not fantastic but as long as I have an assigned seat I don't care. I am generally a "stow my backpack under the seat" as opposed to in the overhead, so that's less of a consideration, but I am envisioning people congregating in the back to use the lavatory plus the noise from it and I am just not loving the idea. Plus I'd like to recline a bit because I feel certain I'll be exhausted.

Interestingly, the exit row is only $31 on this flight but on the other two legs of my entire trip (one is NS PHX to MCO), the upcharge is either $36 or $49.

Thank you.

I have the Citi AA Biz so I know that gets us Boarding Group 5 I believe, which is not fantastic but as long as I have an assigned seat I don't care. I am generally a "stow my backpack under the seat" as opposed to in the overhead, so that's less of a consideration, but I am envisioning people congregating in the back to use the lavatory plus the noise from it and I am just not loving the idea. Plus I'd like to recline a bit because I feel certain I'll be exhausted.

Interestingly, the exit row is only $31 on this flight but on the other two legs of my entire trip (one is NS PHX to MCO), the upcharge is either $36 or $49.
Just FYI, exit row seats don’t usually recline.

FYI: American Airlines completely removed gift cards as a redemption option (which processed through points.com) early on in the pandemic. FWIW, when it was possible, to redeem AA miles for gift cards you had to have at least 25,000 miles so that probably wouldn't have applied in this situation anyways.

@hsmamato2 - you can easily see what your options are right here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-program/miles/redeem/redeem-miles.jsp (spoiler alert, there isn't a good option).
thanks y'all.... I figured there wasn't much of an option after searching,just thought I'd ask the knowledge crew here before giving up (for now)- I will try to keep them 'active' with a purchase thru the portal and hopefully use them up for a hotel at some point when I'm staying at hotels again...

I have a question regarding cell phone protection...anyone have experience with this? If I pay the monthly bill on my cc that has the protection ,but it actually belongs to my ds (hewill pay me back on the side) does that provide coverage if he drops it etc? (phone is paid in full,he uses a prepaid monthly plan)

thanks y'all.... I figured there wasn't much of an option after searching,just thought I'd ask the knowledge crew here before giving up (for now)- I will try to keep them 'active' with a purchase thru the portal and hopefully use them up for a hotel at some point when I'm staying at hotels again...
But you never gave us the answer we were all looking for. How many miles is a “few”?? 🤣

This was going to be a terrific travel year for me. I had 4 major domestic trips I had to cancel. And the trip that is booked for Jan/ Feb to Hawaii is going to be cancelled. I must say it took until just this month to be at peace with it. It was really depressing.
I'm supposed to be on our "best cruise ever" trip this week....(12 days! :sad: ) I came to terms with this year of cancellations months ago (mostly) so I'm not moping (too much:rotfl2:) I do however feel a general sense of "ugh" for the last week....maybe subconsciously that's what's been making me cranky...... (man...that cruise was gonna cost me $0!!!) Not saying this to complain, but thinking this may have clarified my 'crankiness' right now:headache::rolleyes1:cool:

I know one of you called but, for those who were talking about Southwest travel funds expiring, you might want to check and make sure they are really expired. I recently got all my confirmation numbers and checked them and a few of the $5.60 ones that had expiration dates of 10/20 changed to 9/7/22 without me doing anything.

Oh! I'm sorry,I didn't realize that was a question.... 60,048 points with nothing to use them on at the moment....
Ok... yeah, I’d use a different word than “a few” next time. That’s enough for a trip, and you have many options with them. Just hold on to them and a use will eventually present itself.

I have “a few” orphaned AA miles (aka 4,073).

I know one of you called but, for those who were talking about Southwest travel funds expiring, you might want to check and make sure they are really expired. I recently got all my confirmation numbers and checked them and a few of the $5.60 ones that had expiration dates of 10/20 changed to 9/7/22 without me doing anything.
That is good to know. I just checked and our travel fund is still sitting on 11/18/20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter