I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of churning related (but not really)....before Christmas Fresh Market (a smaller version of Whole Foods) had a promo when you purchase a $100.00 GC get $10.00 off a purchase between January 1 and January 26th. I redeemed the $10.00 slip of paper yesterday and the cashier handed it back to me and told me it is good for all purchases over $10.00 until January 26th. She said I can purchase $10.01 worth of groceries and just pay $0.01. I was back this morning and bought fresh fruit salad, 2 mangos and a protein drink for $2.94 (after the $10.00 off). I foresee many, many more visits to Fresh Market between now and January 26th :):)!
Ummmmmm.... I wish I had known about that! We are Fresh Market shoppers (they have the best off-season produce around here). Nice find!

Anyone have resort recommendations for the Ft. Myers/Sanibel Island area?

We vacation in that area annually, however we stay with relatives so I don't have resort recommendations. However if you are interested in recommendations for restaurants, coffee shops, things to do etc. I have plenty of those -- just let me know and I'd be happy to offer some!

Anyone have resort recommendations for the Ft. Myers/Sanibel Island area?
Depends on what you're looking for out of the trip. We desire relaxing secluded beaches when we go down there so we rent a house on Captiva with a private pool. On some days there can be 50 yards of sand unoccupied on either side of our tent/umbrella setup.

There are a ton of really nice homes on the beach or walkable to the beach. I've never stayed in Ft. Myers so can't provide info there. Sanibel in most cases will be busier beaches than Captiva but nothing like say a Myrtle Beach for example.

If you're looking for more of a hotel and resort feel, you might check out Tween Waters on Captiva. We ride our bikes there on occasion on our trips and they have kayaks, and boats, restaurants, pools etc.

I hear you! I started a new job last month and I have to be in the office a lot more often. It is a lovey group of people, but SO SOCIAL and the LOVE meetings. I do research so I really need quiet so I can be head down reading, crunching and reporting out on stuff and I cannot be productive in that environment. I am actually excited that I am working Monday and no one else will be around (I am subbing MLK day, a company holiday, for Presidents day when we will be in HI - nice perk that it is allowable there).

I work from home and some days are so quiet it is really, really hard! I am going to be looking to transition to a new position when dd goes to college where I go into the office maybe once per week (I never go into the office now even though it's only 25 minutes from my house -- I think people would fall from over from shock if I showed up in the office). I also plan on moving when she goes to college and I'm not sure where I'll land, so it's nice to have the flexibility of knowing I'm never expected at the office lol.

For Disney-related content, dd and I have been watching Pick of the Litter on Disney+. What a great show; we are both obsessed with it! We need more episodes!

Ummmmmm.... I wish I had known about that! We are Fresh Market shoppers (they have the best off-season produce around here). Nice find!
They ran the same promo last December, but I only used the $10.00 coupon once. Maybe they changed it this year to make it more than 1 usage or maybe the cashier last year didn't tell me it could be used more than once. I will be watching next December (if I'm still in Florida, which seems unlikely at this point).

They ran the same promo last December, but I only used the $10.00 coupon once. Maybe they changed it this year to make it more than 1 usage or maybe the cashier last year didn't tell me it could be used more than once. I will be watching next December (if I'm still in Florida, which seems unlikely at this point).
I will definitely be looking out for it next year! We don;t get a LOT of stuff there (kinda pricey), but in the winter we get a lot of produce there and they have a few specialty items we like.

Congrats on the status match but DL does not allow upgrades to their business product (Delta One) on long distance international flights unless you have submitted a GUC (global upgrade certificate) and there is available inventory. Only Diamond Sky Medallions can opt to receive GUCs as their tier reward.
I knew we weren’t going to get Delta One, but what about Delta Premium Select? I figure that’s still a step up in comfort! Oops just looked into it a little more and it looks like probably not premium select either. Maybe first class on our short flight to Seattle? Comfort plus will still be better than nothing!

Last edited:
Here is a link to apply for CSR with a $450 AF.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppW...=true&cipDomain=secure05c.chase.com&SPID=FXMX
You will have to login to use this - and it does not list the bonus terms but it should be the 50k offer. Use at your own risk but sharing for the greater good!
Definitely a bit of a gamble. What we got going for us is there's only been two bonus offers for the CSR that I recall, the 100k and 50k. So unless it's a really wild Chase experiment where we hope it's not less than the 50k, it's probably a good bet at the usual. But without seeing the rest of the offer it's still a bit of a risk.

At least with stuff like the SW inflight links someone saw the offer and had a source. This is a leap of faith to save $100. Really a personal tolerance level. Some people could like the mystery :)

I am not sure where all the little gifs come from that @PolyRob and @SouthFayetteFan are always sharing, but I think it's Mean Girls. We just rented it on Amazon since neither of us has seen it.
You are correct for most of them. :laughing: They throw us off and mix in some others but at this point I don't think I even need to see the movie - they've reenacted it right on the thread for us!

I am not sure where all the little gifs come from that @PolyRob and @SouthFayetteFan are always sharing, but I think it's Mean Girls. We just rented it on Amazon since neither of us has seen it.
giphy.gif

For Disney-related content, dd and I have been watching Pick of the Litter on Disney+. What a great show; we are both obsessed with it! We need more episodes!
Yes!!!! My favorite dog is Tulane! And I love party time Paco, mostly because of his nickname lol. It’s so cool to see everything that goes into these guide dogs for the blind. I cried when the puppy raisers job was done though. I could never! I’d get too attached! 😢

I cried my way through The Art of Racing in the Rain like I knew I would having read the book. It actually lived up to the book though and I'm sure that's because Patrick Dempsey was behind the project. Now I'm watching UHF, yes with Weird Al, because as last year was the year of classics, this year is 80's movies. I'm actually kind of bummed that I haven't had this movie in my life for the past 30 years. It's not laugh out loud funny but it's quite fun and amusing. Also a good choice for after crying earlier tonight.

Also, on a personal note, since we’re all friends here, your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated for my family as my 90 year old grandma passed away this week. Her death wasn’t entirely unexpected as she’d had a number of health setbacks the last couple of months. Lots of family coming home for the weekend for the visiting and funeral. My son drove home (Ohio) from Nashville last night, narrowly missing the bad weather, which had me worried of course. We don’t have any major family conflicts (unusual these days!) so I expect this will be a comforting weekend of visiting, reminiscing, and mourning our loss.
So sorry for your loss. I pray the time with your family is comforting :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter