• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waitlist just came through for our trip. We had 2 nights at Copper Creek and 2 nights at Boardwalk. Now we have all 4 nights at Boardwalk. I was in a way looking forward to trying Copper Creek but also don’t really like having to move all our stuff especially for a shorter trip. So I am happy with the change. This will make it much easier for us to go to DHS ( walk-in- no bus) and try for a BG on multiple days!!!

For my January trip I started out with single nights everywhere but one by one they came through for Boardwalk view. Now, for my upcoming trip, my first 2 nights are at BWV, then 1 night at BLT and a night at Copper Creek, then 7 more nights at BWV. I never put in a waitlist as I got all my January trips by stalking. I could have changed to 2 nights at Poly for the Blt/CCV but I'm interested in trying CCV also, since I haven't stayed there yet, but I've been unable to get the 2 nights at just one resort.

I should say I stopped stalking once my January trip started, so maybe there's still a shot. While alone, I actually like split stays as it's pretty easy to toss my stuff in the car, and go to a park. Or an outside attraction as the case may be. Since family will be at the other house the whole time of my visit, I'll be back and forth. They have asked me to stay there, but visiting works better some times - I prefer to be able to have my own place and if I feel like getting up at 5am and walking to Beach Club for coffee, I can do it without disturbing anyone.

And, after a few trips using them, packing cubes have made this style of travel so much more organized! I love those things! I need to get a few more of the smaller sizes - maybe if I order right now, they'll be here for my next visit.

Wow it never occurred to me coyotes would be elsewhere! I just assumed the were a desert animal! They roam our neighborhood occasionally and people freak out. Then they call me (at work) and when I tell them they're a free roaming animal they freak out more. Having said that... bring in your smaller pets!
We have sightings of them in our neighborhood here in the foothills of the blue ridge. And I live a mile from our metropolitan downtown area. Apparently they‘re highly adaptable and have been pushed east and south over the years.

For my January trip I started out with single nights everywhere but one by one they came through for Boardwalk view. Now, for my upcoming trip, my first 2 nights are at BWV, then 1 night at BLT and a night at Copper Creek, then 7 more nights at BWV. I never put in a waitlist as I got all my January trips by stalking. I could have changed to 2 nights at Poly for the Blt/CCV but I'm interested in trying CCV also, since I haven't stayed there yet, but I've been unable to get the 2 nights at just one resort.

I should say I stopped stalking once my January trip started, so maybe there's still a shot. While alone, I actually like split stays as it's pretty easy to toss my stuff in the car, and go to a park. Or an outside attraction as the case may be. Since family will be at the other house the whole time of my visit, I'll be back and forth. They have asked me to stay there, but visiting works better some times - I prefer to be able to have my own place and if I feel like getting up at 5am and walking to Beach Club for coffee, I can do it without disturbing anyone.

And, after a few trips using them, packing cubes have made this style of travel so much more organized! I love those things! I need to get a few more of the smaller sizes - maybe if I order right now, they'll be here for my next visit.
I understand that totally. I have had trip where WL didn’t not come through and I have been stalking too but not every day I didn’t see this one though, I was skiing and when I finished checked my email and saw the email from Disney saying I have a new reservation! I think it is easier to find rooms when it’s just a couple nights at a time. I would keep trying or put in a WL. It can’t hurt. We don’t have a car when we are there and like I said with such a short trip I don’t want the hassle of moving. When are you going?

I understand that totally. I have had trip where WL didn’t not come through and I have been stalking too but not every day I didn’t see this one though, I was skiing and when I finished checked my email and saw the email from Disney saying I have a new reservation! I think it is easier to find rooms when it’s just a couple nights at a time. I would keep trying or put in a WL. It can’t hurt. We don’t have a car when we are there and like I said with such a short trip I don’t want the hassle of moving. When are you going?

My first night is February 10 at BWV and I leave for home on Feb 21. Feb 14-21 was my original week, standard view at BWV, but when the Moonlight Magic was announced I quickly added Feb 11, then gradually filled in the additional 3 nights. There have been many changes in those 4 nights! I can't even remember what my original 2/11 night was, but when I got it at BWV I jumped on it. I'm all out of points until Oct 1, except for borrowing which I've already done so probably won't be getting a Flower and Garden trip, which I had originally had in the back of my mind. Going to Hilton Head in a 2 bedroom mid March so blew a lot of points on that.

Where did you go skiing? That used to be my predominant winter agenda, but I don't do it anymore. A ski trip (including equipment, hotels, lift tickets, food and transportation can be more expensive than Disney! I would have to start from scratch, but sometimes I think about it. I had my kids skiing very early at 2 years old - riding on my boots at 1 when they could stand up, but none have kept up with it.

So my first statement just closed on DH's Amex Gold. Do I not receive any MRs until payment is complete? I didn't know if something was different with charge cards. It shows I earned no MRs on my first statement. Payment is scheduled for next Friday.
Is that DHs first MR card? If I'm remembering right, the MRs on my BBP posted with my 2nd statement.

I think I read this here, but if someone missed it, you can get $10 for loading $100 on Amazon. Since I was placing an order this morning and noticed the promo, I quickly did it, since I didn't have any Amazon cards and my MR points weren't giving me any discount.

I ordered some more of the cheap packing cubes. They worked perfect for me and have not snagged and the zippers seem fine. These are 'Fostak' and have 6 5 star reviews - no lower - but don't come up in an ordinary packing cube search. They are 11.99 but last time I got them for something like $3. This time - $10 off my $100 reload. I also ordered a cute little RFID card holder that fits in my pocket. Had one I found in the kids toy box, but it belonged to younger daughter. It's perfect for annual pass card, DVC card, license, gift card, etc while in the parks or shopping.

Where did you go skiing? That used to be my predominant winter agenda, but I don't do it anymore. A ski trip (including equipment, hotels, lift tickets, food and transportation can be more expensive than Disney! I would have to start from scratch, but sometimes I think about it. I had my kids skiing very early at 2 years old - riding on my boots at 1 when they could stand up, but none have kept up with it.
I was going to take the kids for their first ski trip this winter until I realized how expensive it is, even just for a weekend. My family took a trip every winter after Christmas in lieu of big gifts, and now I get why 💸 I may just end up taking DS7 up for the day to do ski school.

My first night is February 10 at BWV and I leave for home on Feb 21. Feb 14-21 was my original week, standard view at BWV, but when the Moonlight Magic was announced I quickly added Feb 11, then gradually filled in the additional 3 nights. There have been many changes in those 4 nights! I can't even remember what my original 2/11 night was, but when I got it at BWV I jumped on it. I'm all out of points until Oct 1, except for borrowing which I've already done so probably won't be getting a Flower and Garden trip, which I had originally had in the back of my mind. Going to Hilton Head in a 2 bedroom mid March so blew a lot of points on that.

Lol, sounds even more complicated than mine. I love Flower and Garden! I hope the weather is nice for you. We have been twice in February and both times it was cold . We had a trip booked the first week in March - which we could have done Moonlight Magic. But things got complicated at work and I wasn’t sure if we could make it so I canceled. Then I found out we could take the time off...sigh. But I decided to go 2 weeks later so 2 of our kids could go with us too. Will probably be busier but nice to have them with us since I don’t know when my oldest will be able to go again. Got lucky booking a one bedroom 4 months out and now have changed that ressie twice - originally was at SSR.
I ski in Lake Placid. Remember I have mentioned that I live in the boonies? Well once of the benefits is that there is great skiing all around me with less than an hour drive. So I don’t need a hotel. I have equipment for downhill and cross country both. My whole family skis - it’s just part of life for us in the north country. We used to get annual passes but they are super expensive now. We go one certain days of the week that are cheaper, or I have friends that work at the mountain that can get me free or discounted tickets. Cross country is much less expensive and what I do more. Better exercise too!

I think I read this here, but if someone missed it, you can get $10 for loading $100 on Amazon. Since I was placing an order this morning and noticed the promo, I quickly did it, since I didn't have any Amazon cards and my MR points weren't giving me any discount.

I ordered some more of the cheap packing cubes. They worked perfect for me and have not snagged and the zippers seem fine. These are 'Fostak' and have 6 5 star reviews - no lower - but don't come up in an ordinary packing cube search. They are 11.99 but last time I got them for something like $3. This time - $10 off my $100 reload. I also ordered a cute little RFID card holder that fits in my pocket. Had one I found in the kids toy box, but it belonged to younger daughter. It's perfect for annual pass card, DVC card, license, gift card, etc while in the parks or shopping.
I missed that. How does that work? Just go to load $100 on amazon gift card directly and get $10 off? Is it with a certain credit card?

So I had an incredibly rough day at work yesterday. I won't bore you with the details but it was surreal. Unfortunately it's making me concerned about upcoming travel plans (mainly Alaska cruise) but I'll worry about that later. My current issue is needing a cell phone number not connected to my work mobile voicemail. I ported my personal number when my company provided me with a phone and started paying for my service. I'd be grateful for any suggestions. I did use straight talk before and still have a very old iphone 6. I'm definitely not wanting to spend much on anything because of uncertainty.

We just got our kids skiing last year. Both DH and I skied as kids,, I was even on my college racing team, but somehow never did together. We started with a 1-day promo pack of 4 lessons l, rentals and tickets 2 years ago, and the kids dis great. We just wore whatever we had, no special gear. Kids maybe wore bike helmets? LOL

That got us hooked, so last year we geared us all up with used gear (there's tons of used ski equipment on FB marketplace and ski shops sell used sets, plus our local mountain does a huge ski swap consignment sale every year). It was still $$$ for 4 people. Even with used gear, it adds up!

This year we have annual passes to our small local resorts and my daughter has ski club with her friends, so we go 2-3x a week (it's 20 min away, so we can go for 2-4 hours). Both our families ski and lots of families around here do as well, so it's been a great social and family activity. I love that it's something we can all do together.

We live 2-3 hours from all the big New England ski resorts, so we will definitely start doing weekend trips now that the kids are getting good. I am itching to ski something bigger than these little local hills in CT! I priced out 1-day for Mt Snow and it was under $300 for ski in/out hotel room and 3 tickets (my youngest is free), so not too bad. Unforunately, we ended up not going bc other commitments.

So I had an incredibly rough day at work yesterday. I won't bore you with the details but it was surreal. Unfortunately it's making me concerned about upcoming travel plans (mainly Alaska cruise) but I'll worry about that later. My current issue is needing a cell phone number not connected to my work mobile voicemail. I ported my personal number when my company provided me with a phone and started paying for my service. I'd be grateful for any suggestions. I did use straight talk before and still have a very old iphone 6. I'm definitely not wanting to spend much on anything because of uncertainty.
Sorry about the rough day at work. Good luck with the phone. No idea since I have been with ATT for years. It’s the only one that works reliably in our area.

We just got our kids skiing last year. Both DH and I skied as kids,, I was even on my college racing team, but somehow never did together. We started with a 1-day promo pack of 4 lessons l, rentals and tickets 2 years ago, and the kids dis great. We just wore whatever we had, no special gear. Kids maybe wore bike helmets? LOL

That got us hooked, so last year we geared us all up with used gear (there's tons of used ski equipment on FB marketplace and ski shops sell used sets, plus our local mountain does a huge ski swap consignment sale every year). It was still $$$ for 4 people. Even with used gear, it adds up!

This year we have annual passes to our small local resorts and my daughter has ski club with her friends, so we go 2-3x a week (it's 20 min away, so we can go for 2-4 hours). Both our families ski and lots of families around here do as well, so it's been a great social and family activity. I love that it's something we can all do together.

We live 2-3 hours from all the big New England ski resorts, so we will definitely start doing weekend trips now that the kids are getting good. I am itching to ski something bigger than these little local hills in CT! I priced out 1-day for Mt Snow and it was under $300 for ski in/out hotel room and 3 tickets (my youngest is free), so not too bad. Unforunately, we ended up not going bc other commitments.

Cool! We started all of our kids when they were 4 years old. We also have a program at our school that busses the kids to Whiteface and includes lessons for 8 weeks every winter. Parents can go to for discounted price. Was a great family thing to do and they also enjoyed skiing with friends there too.
We have skied a few mountains in Vermont too. Okemo is my favorite.

Do you need a separate cell phone, or just a separate number? If you just need the separate number, you may look into an app like Google Voice which allows you to use a different phone number through the app for calls and texts while keeping the same device.

If you've got an old iPhone, you should just be able to go to Walmart or Target and switch to a prepaid plan ("bring your own phone). My dad uses Straight Talk and I think he spends like $10 a month or something crazy. He doesn't use match data obviously but he has a smartphone with apps and looks up stuff from time to time.

You can get a prepaid Verizon plan for like $35 a month too.

This time next week I'll be sitting in San Juan. We are leaving way before dawn next Friday. I have so much to do to get ready beforehand. I was stressing myself out thinking about it last night... you know, instead of actually *doing* anything on list. :rolleyes2

I did remember I need to activate my Priority Pass card from my Hilton Surpass. I'll be using up some of those 10 free visits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter