I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This question is based off my understanding (assumption?) that Mastercard giftcards aren't working on Plastiq anymore for mortgage. Correct me if i'm wrong. Buuutttt if I'm right - what's the best way to continue accruing some CC benefit from paying off my mortgage in this way. I googled "mastercard good credit help help" but surprisingly, didn't get me the results I was looking for.

Our box is falling apart and it’s being held together with scotch tape. A few years ago we went to an antique mall and I found monopoly jr which I couldn’t find anywhere. I love it because it doesn’t take nearly as long as monopoly but it’s also super cute.

Nice find! DD has that jr. game, but the ocean/aquarium version. It's much better than the adult version because it actually ends. I don't have patience for the real one anymore. I do love Clue, though. That's a classic game that actually ends.

Well here's a dumb question based on something I just skimmed (I just woke up):

When you all (y'all?) talk about the Amex Plat, are you talking business or personal? I mean, they're both pretty spendy... I'm currently at 2/24 so I'm not worried about that but it occurred to me I should probably at least find out which one you're talking about!

When you all (y'all?) talk about the Amex Plat, are you talking business or personal? I mean, they're both pretty spendy... I'm currently at 2/24 so I'm not worried about that but it occurred to me I should probably at least find out which one you're talking about!

I think you can assume personal. Usually specified if Business.

Personal. We call the biz one Amex Biz Plat.

I continue to follow the RotR BG thread on the DIS religiously! If anybody has trips coming up and is trying to ride RotR, I highly advise you check that thread out! As we head OUT of holiday crowds, the DPs will be much more meaningful (probably starting Sunday/Monday and beyond)...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...planning-and-information-no-spoilers.3782822/
Today was an IT crapfest! People who I KNOW were prepared and well-read on the topic had phones crash and end up with BGs that may not get called until late this afternoon IF AT ALL! It certainly has me frustrated with a trip just 3 weeks out... I'm just hoping things go well for us because it sounds like you're heading early to Hollywood Studios to enter a Lottery that could be tampered with by IT issues... (that's exactly what I want on my $8k vacation)....
Thanks for the reminder about this thread. I apparently hid it somehow while I was in line for ROTR and thought it had been removed. I will start following again since our experience on 12/6 does not reflect any of the current procedures. This is the perfect time to start obsessing about how to make it happen for our trip in 7 weeks!

AA miles is offering me “free breakfast lunch and dinner” when I look at booking a Disney resort. Anyone have a clue what that is about? Also would you-
Extend trip by booking Hilton DS 2 nights, book a moderate Disney via AA 2 nights, or book 1 night via UR portal. I wanted to just extend our Swan reservation but they are sold out.

Finished up my spend on SW Performance Biz on 12/30. 80,00- Points show pending today. Just applied for the SW Premier Biz and was auto approved.

How do you check for pending SW points? I know how to check my UR pending points, but can't find a way to see pending SW points. I should have 80,000 pending points as well :-)

Is this what you're looking for? Looks like I'm updating this week lol

Xb3nCdP.png

Then, as offers post I move them to a second sheet where I track my card year totals

92jg30A.png
Yes, and thank you for sharing!!

Our box is falling apart and it’s being held together with scotch tape. A few years ago we went to an antique mall and I found monopoly jr which I couldn’t find anywhere. I love it because it doesn’t take nearly as long as monopoly but it’s also super cute.
We have that game. Loved playing when the kids were young. Cute and easy. We also had a scrabble game with the regular board on one side and the other had words that you needed to fill in with tiles. Good to help teach the game and make it fun for the young ones.

Nice find! DD has that jr. game, but the ocean/aquarium version. It's much better than the adult version because it actually ends. I don't have patience for the real one anymore. I do love Clue, though. That's a classic game that actually ends.
I wish you could play clue with 2 people. We don’t own it since it’s been just the two of us

how to best maximize the amex/sams offers? I got the $5 membership on one card,and the $25 offer on two others..... would I just buy a membership then use the other cards as needed? I'm not a big warehouse club person....
I purchased a 1 year membership through a link that included a $20 e-gift card to Sam’s. I used my card with the $25 offer. This effectively brought the $45 membership fee to $0. I did a Google search to find the $20 e-gift card offer from Sams and applied for membership directly on that page.
The $20 e-gift card was emailed to me within a few hours of applying. I then used the $20 e-gift on my actual purchase of a Disney gift card.
Hope that makes sense

GADisneyDad14's BG just got called for RotR! I'm so happy as he was one of our DISers who experienced the technology issues this morning after arriving 45 +minutes before park opening. A little bit of stress for him today on whether he'd get to ride or not!

I've been following his saga all day long over on the RotR thread, LOL!

Also, when someone posted the dates for the "Free Dining" discounts I thought that lady had made some typos. Turns out it wasn't a typo. Why even offer free dining when it's only available 18 days?
I read it as arrival dates, so maybe if you arrive within those dates it can extend past? I could be wrong.

I purchased a 1 year membership through a link that included a $20 e-gift card to Sam’s. I used my card with the $25 offer. This effectively brought the $45 membership fee to $0. I did a Google search to find the $20 e-gift card offer from Sams and applied for membership directly on that page.
The $20 e-gift card was emailed to me within a few hours of applying. I then used the $20 e-gift on my actual purchase of a Disney gift card.
Hope that makes sense

When did you do this? I'm looking to use the 25 off 45 to get my daughter to sign up, but I can't find a link for the 20 or for the other freebies that have been given in the past.

My membership expires in February so can't sign me up again. She will sign up anyway using the 25 off 45 but the extras would also be nice.

Finished up my spend on SW Performance Biz on 12/30. 80,00- Points show pending today. Just applied for the SW Premier Biz and was auto approved.

Put remaining tuition on DH CIP - should only have a few hundred $ left on that to meet MSR. Which is good - as I used point for Vegas Hotels and Airfare and DL Hotel through my CSR and now I only have like 230,000 points. So, this will put me over 300,000 again but like it to be more in the 400,000-500,000 range. Will have to work on that. But also need to pace Chase applications also.

Also DH and I are both 3/24 now. Leave for Aruba on Saturday on AA Rewards Flight. So far so good. Don't seem to be locked and have a very slim chance of being shut down. Still - I will feel much better once on the plane.
Really similar to you as well. Finished up SW Perf today and about halfway thru SW Premier.

I was poking around Delta yesterday to get an idea about prices for flights to MCO from BOS. I picked a random Tuesday in February and the fare was $58/4500miles for a nonstop one-way! I was shocked (in a good way).

I saw earlier today that Delta is having a flash sale on certain routes...it sounds like you lucked onto one. It is a sign! You had better jump on it. That would be awesome.

I have only been able to take advantage of a Delta flash sale once; 35,000 miles direct to Maui. It was a good deal but I wish there were options that would work more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter