I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want to join DISchurners?? A Celebration, AND An Announcement of our "new" membership policy:
Big news out of the DISchurners camp today! Please join me in welcoming @landscapelens - our 400th DISchurners member!!!! Seriously guys, a community of 400 friends and churners, who have all come together as a result of a simple DISboards thread!

When I started DISchurners back in the fall of 2017 I never envisioned it becoming what it is now. It now provides so much to us as a gathering spot, repository of information, etc.:
  • A place to share and use support links, giving back to others in the community AND it costs us nothing to do it!
  • A news thread that can help identify the 3-5 most important "can't miss" comments each day amidst a sea of friendly discussion, great advice, and gifs & memes (yup I'm guilty there)
  • A "safe" place to discuss advanced strategies that we (a) want to protect and (b) don't want to publicly broadcast our own exploits for the world of google
  • And of course it does much more than that too!
It's no wonder to me that joining DISchurners has become a very popular choice among people who find us here. It's important to note that DISchurners membership has ALWAYS been contingent on somebody being a member of the DISboards. We have always required that somebody find us HERE through the DIS thread and I personally have vetted each and every DISchurners member. We have NEVER turned anybody away, but we have always required them to have a valid and verifiable DISboards account. We also have never removed anybody from the group once they've joined regardless of whether they continued to participate in our thread or not. I have always had the best interests of our group in mind, and have attempted to shield and protect our private group from negative outside influences. Our goal in creating and maintaining DISchurners remains to enhance our collective experience as a COMMUNITY of churners here!

A great man once said:
I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing — that it was all started by a mouse.”
- Walt Disney

In the spirit of a Disney message board, which has brought us all together allow me to borrow this line if you will:
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing — that we all came together as a result of THIS thread."
And so, as a result of a discussion with the DISchurners moderator panel (@SouthFayetteFan, @Albort, @Lain, @miztressuz, @gottalovepluto, @wendow) and with the best intentions for the future of OUR COMMUNITY, we have decided to amend our membership policy for the DISchurners Reddit Group:
  • Anybody wishing to join the DISchurners reddit group must have made at least 1 recent comment on our DISboards "I Love Credit Cards So Much" thread.
This is literally your only barrier to entry! This comment can be something as simple as "Hi, I'm Mary and I churn!" The lifeblood of our community is sharing our collective stories, datapoints, etc. While we will not be going back and retroactively removing ANY users, going forward all requests to join will include a simple search to ensure a recent comment has been made on the thread.

The best way to learn and churn with us is to speak up and be a part of what's going on here! We are and always will be the friendliest place on the DISboards! We don't bite, and we want to help you make real your travel dreams!! So to any who are lurking, please know that you are welcome here and we will continue to welcome ANYBODY who finds us here to join us on DISchurners (so long as they can simply meet our 1 requirement of making a comment on the thread).

Thanks to all of you in this great community that provide a wonderful churning outlet!!

Disney's Hollywood Studios appears to have moved ALL EMHs to EVENINGS through August 2nd (that's as far out as the hours calendar goes)
This in a small way would seem to signal that the Boarding Group process is here to stay for awhile...
I need them to keep the boarding groups until this summer, preferably July/August when we can take our son to the parks lol

My oldest opened card is from April of 93, JC Penney. I had cards before that, but they are all closed.
The Chase Disney Visa didn't come out until 2003 :-).

You are right! I don't remember all the details, but when I went to close another card they let me product change to keep the history???

According to DoC it's possible to get a match within 90 days. I'm within that window so I just sent a SM to request a match. We'll see what they say.
I think this is a VERY UNDERRATED comment right here! So I'm gonna bold it and highlight it - but give @alryan the credit here:

Anybody who signed up for a SW Performance Business Card in the past 90 days should consider whether they'd want to spend $20k more for an additional 30k bonus SW points (plus 20k base points for the spend). So basically you'd get 50k points for spending $20k.

If that would interest you then reach out to Chase via PM and ask to be matched to the offer! You have nothing to lose!! Make sure they say yes before you start spending too, lol.

If you are not interested in that offer, I probably wouldn't ask to be matched. Who knows how they allow and track matches but I wouldn't want to "burn a match opportunity" on something I didn't plan to actually achieve.

This is a great opportunity for business owners that pay quarterly taxes. That's where my big spend comes from. But I'm not due for a companion pass this year!
Yeah, I was thinking my April, June, and September payments would get me to $17k. Then I'd need another $8k over six months.

I have an Amazon offer for Discover (spend $50 get $20 off), but we don't currently have any Discover cashback. We used it all already. I found a direct link for the Amex offers and it says we aren't eligible :(
I couldn’t get the Discover offer to work. Everything I put in my cart was not eligible. ☹

Last edited:
I got the Aspire upgrade offer too. I would love the points, and I think maybe it might help with get back in good with Amex. I have property and income taxes coming due, as long as they accept those again. But I am not sure I can get any value of the airline or resort credit to make the $450 worth it. I haven't had the Aspire, but I don't care about getting locked out of getting the bonus, as it appears it's usually the same amount anyway.
Are there any resorts in your state? We stayed one night at a resort 10 minutes from our house and used the resort credit for a $200 dinner and room service.

My DH is the same way, he's good with 2 cards in his wallet. Gas card (CF this quarter) & restaurant card (Amex Green).

But he never remembers when or where our trips are, like ever. We even have it on our shared family calendar.
Same here. DH has a gas card and grocery card (labeled) And still when I’m looking at the charges I see he put gas on 3 different cards last month.
I email him the trip dates at work so he can request time off. Then he forgets. His phone shares a calendar with my phone, so all the info is there he just doesn’t look at it. Plus he refuses to have an email account of his own (or check our “joint” email)
My DH is the same way but I just figure if there were two uber planners we'd butt heads so I'll do it (and do it correctly thankyouverymuch) and he can coast. :rotfl:
That is probably true but I wish DH would step up occasionally. I’m getting tired over here.
My poor old Discover...almost 20 years old and locked away all the time! I feel bad for it...almost..: 🤣
I think I literally laughed out loud when I read it. Mostly cause my oldest card is from 1987. Older than some of the folks on here :rotfl2:
My Discover is from 1988, before DH and got married. I also have a Citi Sears Card from 2001

Yes! Makes half-awake middle of the night diaper changes slightly less terrible. Snaps are of the devil.
Haha we got the ones with snaps at a second hand store. They were cheap so it’s okay if we don’t use them all the time. He most likely won’t sleep in the sleepers. I got him so swaddles and plan to buy sleep sacks. The sleepers were more for the summer because I know places are gonna jack up their AC

Yes, and once baby is a wiggling toddler, zippers are even more important. Zippered Carter’s sleepers are cute, seem comfy, and almost always can score a good deal on them at Kohl’s.
The ones we got are Gerber zippered ones. We just did 0-3 months for now

Were the items sold by Amazon? Gift cards also work, just not Amazon or Visa/MC ones.
It was very specific that items had to be from Amazon only, not just Prime or fulfilled by Amazon. I couldn’t find anything I needed. Even though I need birthday gifts for my niece and son, everything they want is fulfilled by Amazon. Not really in the market for any gift cards right now either.

It was very specific that items had to be from Amazon only, not just Prime or fulfilled by Amazon. I couldn’t find anything I needed. Even though I need birthday gifts for my niece and son, everything they want is fulfilled by Amazon. Not really in the market for any gift cards right now either.

Yeah, my DH had the same problem. All the stuff he wanted was very specialized and only fulfilled by Amazon, not sold by Amazon.

Ugh, I did the ross-simon Amex offer to replace my RHR that broke with a new stack and they shipped and charged the rings seperatly so I doubt Amex is going to credit it :( I considered cancelling but because of the sale they were still cheaper by a mile than any other store.

CSR AF just posted. Still $450 but I’m just not feeling it. $300 credit doesn’t reset until October. I did just book a few hundred $ of stuff for our Spring Break trip but our other trips are covered. Only thing I’ll use it for is Lyft on the 3 trips we have planned in March and June.

If I PC to CSP in June, will they still refund a prorated amount? (And why can’t I remember this stuff). Should I just PC now? I’m thinking I just need another sip

Yeah, my DH had the same problem. All the stuff he wanted was very specialized and only fulfilled by Amazon, not sold by Amazon.

Yep. This makes it really hard. I just looked and had a $20 off of $50 deal, so of course I had to use it. Until I started using these deals I had no idea how few items Amazon sells are actually sold/fulfilled by Amazon. Now I struggle to find enough to hit the minimum. We generally just get to the total with a Whole Foods GC since that works, but I know that won't help lots of people on the thread.

Thankfully it was maybe a 2 minute ordeal. We could see the floor numbers as it rose and it didn't stop and she didn't get out when it did stop. Then it expressed back down.
The pool apparently has a glass bottom over the foyer or lobby.
I saw that tonight when I came back to the hotel. I worked 10 hours today - no energy to swim....l

My Discover is from 1988, before DH and got married. I also have a Citi Sears Card from 2001
My 1987 card is a Sears card. Our Sears stores all closed a year ago. I haven’t used in a while. I guess I need to remember to use on something so it doesnt get closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter