I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody here with a SW card do a quick check for me? When you login to the Chase App and click on that card does it say "Rewards information isn't available right now. Please check back later." Under the Rewards and benefits section?

Last week I know this was working on my new card but over the past couple of days it never shows me anything there. I'm trying to figure out if it's an issue with my card/account or a more global connection issue between Chase and SW.
I don’t use the app often but I can’t find any rewards for my SW card either. It has UR, but nothing for SW. So at least it’s not just you 😀

Two questions:
Once I PC a card, does the new earning structure take place immediately. I though it did, but I was told 3-5 days. I PC'd a Freedom to FU and wanted to use it at the 1.5% today.

For military peeps, does travel and ticket office on base code as travel? Salute tickets can be purchased there, correct? Would they allow my son to use a card with my name on it? The ticket is for him, but I'm going to pay for it due to a few instances of bad luck he's run into. I think he deserves this upcoming trip and I don't want him to skip out because he's been taken advantage of and doesn't have the funds at the moment. He's AU on one of my Navy Fed cards, but I'd rather put the spend on a UR card.

(that's more than 2 questions lol)

Two questions:
Once I PC a card, does the new earning structure take place immediately. I though it did, but I was told 3-5 days. I PC'd a Freedom to FU and wanted to use it at the 1.5% today.

For military peeps, does travel and ticket office on base code as travel? Salute tickets can be purchased there, correct? Would they allow my son to use a card with my name on it? The ticket is for him, but I'm going to pay for it due to a few instances of bad luck he's run into. I think he deserves this upcoming trip and I don't want him to skip out because he's been taken advantage of and doesn't have the funds at the moment. He's AU on one of my Navy Fed cards, but I'd rather put the spend on a UR card.

(that's more than 2 questions lol)
In my experience the ticket and travel office codes as Entertainment when purchasing salute tickets. He will be able to purchase the tickets there. Depending on which location, they may have to order them as not all locations keep them in stock. I’m Army, and my experience has been they generally have a stock of salute tickets, although one time they were out of stock and were waiting on new stock. He can probably get away with using your credit card, but sometimes they are pretty strict on some posts matching up credit cards to IDs.

Can anybody here with a SW card do a quick check for me? When you login to the Chase App and click on that card does it say "Rewards information isn't available right now. Please check back later." Under the Rewards and benefits section?

Last week I know this was working on my new card but over the past couple of days it never shows me anything there. I'm trying to figure out if it's an issue with my card/account or a more global connection issue between Chase and SW.

My P2's new cards are saying this as well on the app.

I also had them expedite a card and then received another card today so that's weird.

I was fine paying with a CC before switching to the mix and match unlimited plan. I only switched because the auto pay discount ended up making unlimited cost less than my grandfathered shared data plan.
I didn't even realize there is a mix and match unlimited plan now. I'm still on the 5gb single smartphone plan (I've got a tablet too I pay $5 for it to share that data). But I've been getting 13gb a month lately... :confused3

Those who have been to USO recently:

what time do you recommend I get to the park with a 9 AM opening this Friday to try to get in line for Hagrid’s? No express passes and not staying on site or anything, so just driving there and parking. We are also not opposed to doing single rider for this ride, but I see some stuff online that acts like the line can be as long as the regular line? I feel like I’ve usually had good luck with single rider lines, but maybe something is different here.
Dh and I rode Hagrid's single rider at the end of January. Our wait was 40 minutes from entering the queue to getting on the ride; at the time the listed wait time was 150 minutes. We were separated by only a few seats. Side car was still loads of fun!

Looking for the next card for me and DH. I'd like to start earning rewards that will help us to and from Europe in 2022. I think we've narrowed it down to Delta's amex cards for both of us and that could get us to London for four of us. Now thinking of which cards could help us get home (from Paris or Rome). I don't think we'd be able to earn enough Delta for round trip, so looking for another airline for the flights home. I know UR are very flexible and we plan to maximize our earning of them, so looking for other options to fill in the gaps between UR earning cards. I'm just afraid to get into AA because it would probably take a few cards each to get enough miles and with the shut downs I don't know what is safe. So what other options should we look at? I was looking at United, but I'm not familiar with them so I'm not sure if that's a good airline to fly out of Europe. Is there a card/airline anyone would recommend we look at? We're already all planned out for Chase cards, and amex will be focused on delta and possibly Hilton. Preferably business to keep our x/24 low.

Looking for the next card for me and DH. I'd like to start earning rewards that will help us to and from Europe in 2022. I think we've narrowed it down to Delta's amex cards for both of us and that could get us to London for four of us. Now thinking of which cards could help us get home (from Paris or Rome). I don't think we'd be able to earn enough Delta for round trip, so looking for another airline for the flights home. I know UR are very flexible and we plan to maximize our earning of them, so looking for other options to fill in the gaps between UR earning cards. I'm just afraid to get into AA because it would probably take a few cards each to get enough miles and with the shut downs I don't know what is safe. So what other options should we look at? I was looking at United, but I'm not familiar with them so I'm not sure if that's a good airline to fly out of Europe. Is there a card/airline anyone would recommend we look at? We're already all planned out for Chase cards, and amex will be focused on delta and possibly Hilton. Preferably business to keep our x/24 low.
So first off - regarding American Airlines... MOST of the strategies that people were using to earn large amounts of miles don't work anymore. So it would be difficult to do something to get shutdown now. If I were starting out fresh with them I wouldn't have a lot of worry about earning 2-3 bonuses on different cards across the Barclays and Citi portfolio.

I'm not going to try to navigate the waters of international travel here because that is way out of my area of expertise. What I will say is that there are a BUNCH of Delta cards, and that Amex MRs transfer to Delta. If I recall, you hold at least one BBP (or do you both have one)? You could cross-support to Delta cards from that BBP and get some MRs out of it too (I think 10k MRs). Amex Business cards are even better because they won't affect your Chase pacing or 5/24 status. You of course still need to keep in mind the general Amex guidelines to avoid being labeled a "gamer" (including keeping up that spend AFTER the MSR to avoid future pop-up restrictions).

URs obviously are easy to earn right now too with a plethora of UR earning cards out there BUT you can only run so fast (as you're quickly figuring out).

The good news is you're looking at 2022 so you have a lot of time to figure this out! You're starting now which is good...a lot of people show up on the scene looking for a way to earn miles for a 2020 int'l trip and to paraphrase the great @calypso726, that probably isn't going to work out too well for you!

In my experience the ticket and travel office codes as Entertainment when purchasing salute tickets. He will be able to purchase the tickets there. Depending on which location, they may have to order them as not all locations keep them in stock. I’m Army, and my experience has been they generally have a stock of salute tickets, although one time they were out of stock and were waiting on new stock. He can probably get away with using your credit card, but sometimes they are pretty strict on some posts matching up credit cards to IDs.
Thank you! Hopefully Hood has some in stock. Not sure we have communication this week and not sure I'll see him this weekend so I should probably just tell him already that I'm covering it and have him use the NFCU card just in case they need to be ordered. I need the ticket by 3/1 for FPs. Then fingers crossed he gets leave approved which I told him he should have already put in for. Adult kids are a whole other level of stress.

So first off - regarding American Airlines... MOST of the strategies that people were using to earn large amounts of miles don't work anymore. So it would be difficult to do something to get shutdown now. If I were starting out fresh with them I wouldn't have a lot of worry about earning 2-3 bonuses on different cards across the Barclays and Citi portfolio.

I'm not going to try to navigate the waters of international travel here because that is way out of my area of expertise. What I will say is that there are a BUNCH of Delta cards, and that Amex MRs transfer to Delta. If I recall, you hold at least one BBP (or do you both have one)? You could cross-support to Delta cards from that BBP and get some MRs out of it too (I think 10k MRs). Amex Business cards are even better because they won't affect your Chase pacing or 5/24 status. You of course still need to keep in mind the general Amex guidelines to avoid being labeled a "gamer" (including keeping up that spend AFTER the MSR to avoid future pop-up restrictions).

URs obviously are easy to earn right now too with a plethora of UR earning cards out there BUT you can only run so fast (as you're quickly figuring out).

The good news is you're looking at 2022 so you have a lot of time to figure this out! You're starting now which is good...a lot of people show up on the scene looking for a way to earn miles for a 2020 int'l trip and to paraphrase the great @calypso726, that probably isn't going to work out too well for you!
You're right I do have the BBP, but DH does not yet, although I do plan to refer him. What is the recommended pacing for amex applications? I know no more than 2 in 90 days right?- but what is recommended? And is that both personal and biz lumped together?

Well, if you do single rider you'll probably both get sidecar. If you don't... well I'd pull rank as the churner who made the trip possible and take the handlebars for a more thrilling ride!!!

Maybe not! And the riders my sister and I got paired with didn't want the bike so you never know.

We do lots of European travel and I have to say Delta all the way! United out of Europe stinks, (they stink anyway but we've always found the Europe flights to be particularly bad) also avoid Iberia, the only nice thing about United is that sometimes those points can be used for a Luftansa flight. But even then I don't think it's worth it. We tend to stick to Delta, British Airways, or Jet Blue (but keep in mind JetBlue international flights are limited at best).

You're right I do have the BBP, but DH does not yet, although I do plan to refer him. What is the recommended pacing for amex applications? I know no more than 2 in 90 days right?- but what is recommended? And is that both personal and biz lumped together?
Well aside from 2/90 and the 5 card limit on credit cards open at once (note this doesn’t apply to charge cards like green, gold, plat) there isn’t really a limit to how fast you can go with Amex. Your larger problem there is biting off too much MSR and keeping them happy with consistent non MSR spend across your cards. So it’s tough to give a good answer to that question.

We do lots of European travel and I have to say Delta all the way! United out of Europe stinks, (they stink anyway but we've always found the Europe flights to be particularly bad) also avoid Iberia, the only nice thing about United is that sometimes those points can be used for a Luftansa flight. But even then I don't think it's worth it. We tend to stick to Delta, British Airways, or Jet Blue (but keep in mind JetBlue international flights are limited at best).
Ok when I was looking it seemed like Delta was a good option. Are there any other loyalty programs that can transfer points to Delta or be used to book Delta flights?

Final Reminder - 75,000 Southwest Personal Card offer (via support links) is set to expire today!
It could potentially even still be possible to do a last second MDD if you're up for applying after midnight for card2. Who knows how quickly the links will actually die.

Nonetheless, it appears that these offers will SOON be going back to 40k / $1k MSR!

Ok when I was looking it seemed like Delta was a good option. Are there any other loyalty programs that can transfer points to Delta or be used to book Delta flights?

If you link your SkyMiles account to Lyft you can earn points that way! Delta points can also transfer to 19 other airlines, there's a handful of hoops to jump through but it's worth it. I know one of the other airlines is AirFrance and those flights are nice!

It sounds like you're leaning towards Delta but just so you know British Airways also transfers to American.

ETA: Delta can also be used with Virgin on certain flights. And we like them as an airline too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter