I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not yet collecting social security - but now see a good reason to start sooner rather than later. I'm retired and have medicare as well as health benefits from my former job, but figured I'd wait a few years and just have not gotten around to collecting. I'm pretty passive about money anyway.

There's no doubt in my mind the 'government' has my banking info - somewhere - lol! Just not as a venue to deposit refunds for me.
You would think they would have a way for us to give the IRS our checking account info. Maybe answers will come soon.

Publix is extremely overpriced in my opinion and I’ve never had any issues with produce from target. I definitely wouldn’t be buying anything from a bakery right now. We don’t normally get stuff from the bakery anyway though. Normally we get groceries from Walmart but they have less options right now than target as far as what can be delivered in my area
My dd was only living in Orlando for a little over a month but her few trips to Publix were disappointing. She said the prices were higher than Walmart and much higher than our grocery stores here in CO.

My dd was only living in Orlando for a little over a month but her few trips to Publix were disappointing. She said the prices were higher than Walmart and much higher than our grocery stores here in CO.
That’s what we’ve found too. Publix is extremely expensive. When I was looking last night a half gallon of milk was over $3. I can get a full gallon for that price at Walmart or target.

You would think they would have a way for us to give the IRS our checking account info. Maybe answers will come soon.

I can tell you a little story about the IRS and one of my former workers. The worker came in my office all upset because they were behind on tax payments. In addition to the job they had a business . The production from this business was what caused the IRS to get interested. Certain businesses get subsidies and sometimes actually get paid not to produce certain products that were traditionally produced until they became unpopular.

The business had switched to more acceptable products which did not bring in the $$$ that previous production did, resulting in less money, so taxes went unpaid. The IRS letter identified their assets and when they would start proceedings. The information was pretty complete according to the worker. I sent them to legal to get help (benefit of job). The IRS had no problem identifying the accounts despite not having paid taxes for a while. They ended up negotiating some sort of payment plan. And I actually thought the IRS was very good in how they handled the case. Not the ugly portrayal we see on TV by the companies that advertise help with the IRS.

Anyway, the IRS has our information - whether they bother to use it is up to them.

That’s what we’ve found too. Publix is extremely expensive. When I was looking last night a half gallon of milk was over $3. I can get a full gallon for that price at Walmart or target.

I found Publix prices in line with Safeway or Giant here. Maybe a little cheaper than here. I guess the perspective is what you are used to.

As for milk, buying a gallon always seems to be the cheapest route. A gallon at Safeway has been 3.99 when I've gone (haven't bought it there in a while) but a quart is 2.99 and a 16 oz container 1.99 - so I would always get a gallon.

Has anyone recently changed southwest flights for a lower fare? I have been trying for the last two days and it keeps giving me an error. It’s only $20, but darn it, I hate paying more than I have to.

I found Publix prices in line with Safeway or Giant here. Maybe a little cheaper than here. I guess the perspective is what you are used to.

As for milk, buying a gallon always seems to be the cheapest route. A gallon at Safeway has been 3.99 when I've gone (haven't bought it there in a while) but a quart is 2.99 and a 16 oz container 1.99 - so I would always get a gallon.
Is that $3.99 organic? I can get a nonorganic gallon here for 1.99-2.29. Target is higher here than our Kroger chain and Walmart but my dd17 works there so the discount offsets the slightly higher prices.

Been busy all day and just read the last few pages. I pay the IRS too, but haven't sent them a check in many years. It is really easy to set up a direct payment from your checking account, and you can specify what date they withdraw it. Now Pennsylvania, I have sent them quarterly checks, but I think they have finally upgraded their systems this year.

A gallon of milk at Walmart is $2.69 so that’s what I’m used to paying. That’s why when I saw it was over $3 for half a gallon at Publix I was surprised.

NYC had more 911 calls today than 9/11. I feel for the cities currently experiencing these outbreaks. I hope proactive measures help the rest of the country flatten the curve and avoid Italy like outcomes.

@CyndiLouWho I am so sorry your DS has been experiencing this :( Middle school is an awful age to start and to add racism, I can’t imagine.
Sadly he’s not even in middle school yet. That starts next year and I hope it’s not worse. TBH it’s been going on for a while, mostly the same kid. DS refuses to “tattle” and won’t tell the principal who it is even though I know and have seen the kids arguing when I picked DS up from school.

Is that $3.99 organic? I can get a nonorganic gallon here for 1.99-2.29. Target is higher here than our Kroger chain and Walmart but my dd17 works there so the discount offsets the slightly higher prices.

It's been a while so I don't know. I think it's regular milk. We can also get cheaper milk here at various places, including Costco. But if I'm in Safeway and need milk, that's where I'm going to buy it unless I've already planned a visit to another store.

I shopped at Publix and Aldi when I was at Disney in February - went with brother and wife to Publix, went to Aldi on my own. Enjoyed both!

It's been a while so I don't know. I think it's regular milk. We can also get cheaper milk here at various places, including Costco. But if I'm in Safeway and need milk, that's where I'm going to buy it unless I've already planned a visit to another store.

I shopped at Publix and Aldi when I was at Disney in February - went with brother and wife to Publix, went to Aldi on my own. Enjoyed both!
I’d like to try Aldi. We don’t have them here but I’ve heard good things. I do like Publix’s deli. We’ve gotten sandwiches there and they were so good. I definitely agree with you that it’s all about what you are used to paying. Our groceries are pretty inexpensive here compared to other places so that was what my dd was used to.

Been busy all day and just read the last few pages. I pay the IRS too, but haven't sent them a check in many years. It is really easy to set up a direct payment from your checking account, and you can specify what date they withdraw it. Now Pennsylvania, I have sent them quarterly checks, but I think they have finally upgraded their systems this year.

This made me wonder if I'd actually done bill pay but no, I didn't, I actually wrote a check. NFCU allows you to see an on line copy (you click the check number in your checking account) and there it was, big as life. And it was a 'few' hundred dollars not a 'couple' as I previously stated, lol.

Are you talking bill pay? Or just giving them the info on your return? I haven't touched any tax stuff this year yet and barely remember last year.

Last edited:

We usually order from Publix on Instacart for our Disney trips. Not anything crazy, usually just bottled water, little pastries for gf to take her meds with in the morning in the room, and maybe chips. We find the prices to be pretty much on par with what we pay at home if not better, but we're comparing with Fairway & ShopRite in NYC and Loblaws in Toronto. Everything costs more where we live lol.

It felt weird not putting a cart together as part of our trip planning actually, but May was going to be our first CL stay. :(

This made me wonder if I'd actually done bill pay but no, I didn't, I actually wrote a check. NFCU allows you to see an on line copy (you click the check number in your checking account) and there it was, big as life. And it was a 'few' hundred dollars not a 'couple' as I previously stated, lol.

Are you talking bill pay? Or just giving them the info on your return? I haven't touched any tax stuff this year yet and barley remember last year.
I don't think you can pay by giving them the info on the return, I think that is only for refunds. I never use bill pay through my bank for anything, (although I have all my credit cards paid automatically I do it through the credit card websites). I go to IRS.gov and follow the direct pay link, enter my bank info. I use it for quarterly estimated and yearly return payments.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/direct-pay

I don't think you can pay by giving them the info on the return, I think that is only for refunds. I never use bill pay through my bank for anything, (although I have all my credit cards paid automatically.) I go to IRS.gov and follow the direct pay link. I use it for quarterly estimated and yearly return payments.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/direct-pay
Ha, can't do that, I have an MSR to meet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter