I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I love Wegmans! Grocery shopping is such a disappointment since I moved away from Wegmans. Thankfully, my next move will likely take me back to the NCR and I can go back to the happy place that is Wegmans.
I like Wegman’s too but once they stopped sending coupons and started charging for bags I stopped shopping there because it’s not as convenient. But it’s another employee owned company that treats its employees very well.

Ds loves digiorno primo pizzas. If I buy anything else I’m in trouble.

DiGiorno is a favorite of mine too! I started buying the Supreme, adding a solid (touching) layer of pepperoni, a small can of mushroom pieces and/or sliced olives, an entire bag of cheese, and maybe a touch of cayenne. I had to cook it much slower like 333 for about 30 minutes, but I love it.

Now I am thinking about pizza (thanks, everyone). Do you have Papa Murphy's where you are? It's a "take and bake" place. I am thinking that might be safer these days than standard delivery... but I really don't want to go out right now.... because you know, getting dressed and all is hard work!

Now I am thinking about pizza (thanks, everyone). Do you have Papa Murphy's where you are? It's a "take and bake" place. I am thinking that might be safer these days than standard delivery... but I really don't want to go out right now.... because you know, getting dressed and all is hard work!

We did this earlier in the week, they had a 50% off coupon so we tried it. Ordered online and it was sitting in a rack in the middle of the lobby area when I got there. I just brought it in and undid the wrap and slid it right into the oven then washed up. We'd do it again.

I asked this earlier but I didn't see where anyone had responded:

If I have to cancel my November flights (which are on ANA but booked with Virgin Miles that I had transferred over from Chase URs), what account do those points/miles end up back in? Not Chase, right?

it says on college boards atm that college student who are claimed dependent on 2019 taxes will not get the $1200, nor will their claimers get the $500.
im guessing there isnt a way to check or something, seems kind of a void there.
Yep. For the child tax credit, one must be under 17. I believe they are using the same definition for the "giving back of our own money" bill.

I tried to stimulate the economy a second time with take out and failed again. We live far out, so limited options “close” to us. Yesterday was the closed Chinese place. Today was pizza, but after 30 minutes of them not picking up I gave up. This happens frequently with this place. It is small, but very good. Last time we got it they told us 2 hours. So I don’t think they are hurting for business, which is good. We ended up doing frozen pizza.

Well the mexican restaurant isn't open :( So I went to Dick's and everyone (that includes the dogs) got burgers, well the boys split a patty. It wasn't busy but they've done a great job since all locations but one are drive in's, so they have tape 6 ft apart for the lines. Brought it home and put it all on plates without the paper touching it and washed my hands.

I drive by Fred Meyer (kroger) going to/from and the parking lot looked as busy as any other Friday :sad2:

Watching Making the Cut on Amazon. So excited for Tim and Heidi to have a new show and good timing since Project Runway just finished a couple weeks ago, though I imagine that was part of their plan of when to release.

Also for being home for the past two weeks and only being about a month in to my Plat spend I'm over half there and I've no idea what I did, well I know what some of it is but it's not like I went crazy but also didn't have any crazy purchases and I didn't count the AF.

OK thank you.

I suppose if it gets canceled, then the stress of finding good availability starts all over again... assuming those miles are still good for the same redemption value by then.

Ahhhhh good times.

Right there with you. Just posting so you know you aren't alone in this one. Mine would stuck with Flying Blue.

We also buy Jack's pizza on a regular basis, however, I have not been able to find it around here for at least three weeks. Apparently everyone around here stocked up except for me.
The only store we’ve found it in here is Walmart and they don’t carry many of them. In Iowa there was always tons of jacks pizza

I like Wegman’s too but once they stopped sending coupons and started charging for bags I stopped shopping there because it’s not as convenient. But it’s another employee owned company that treats its employees very well.
Well I’ve gotten used to bringing my own bags here in Rhode Island and I don’t think I ever got any coupons from them. But I would probably (definitely) pay more to shop there. They just have the best quality of products. The way they package their meats makes it so I don’t have to worry about them going bad before I cook them. Their deli is amazing! They have a smoothie ingredients bulk items section. Their sushi is exceptional for a grocery store. Wine and beer selection, amazing! Have you had their sub sandwiches? Their hot food bar is also great in a pinch, or really any time. When I lived in Lorton, VA there was one about 5 mins from my house. When I was stationed in Charlottesville, I had to travel about 20 minutes out of my way and past 3 other stores, but it was so worth it. Man, I really miss Wegmans...

Catching up after a busy day of weeding (lol), reading, and trying not to stress eat :rotfl:

I haven’t posted in awhile. Just wanted to give quick update for those who remember my health scare months ago. I followed up at the end of Feb for what seems to be a benign tumor on my liver. Based on the characteristics of the tumor and the large size it was decided that surgery was the best option.
Had a liver resection March 12. I work in a hospital as an X-ray technologist. My last day before surgery was March 10. That was the first day we had a pt test positive in our hospital for the virus.
I had the surgery which went As expected. They removed 1/2 my liver, lost a lot of blood, spent 2 days in the icu. Was supposed to be in the hospital 5-7 days but released after 4 due to the virus now hitting the hospital I had surgery in. Dr gave us his cell number just in case.
2 weeks out I’m recovering nicely. Not able to do a lot which is tough bc I have a 2/5/15 year old home but thankfully the 15 year old does anything that involves lifting or bending. Not how I expected to spend my leave.
Im home and very grateful to be home with my kids while recovering but feel a little guilty not being at work. I’ve heard from coworkers that things are starting time get bad especially in the ER and doing portable xrays. No protective gear, running out of mask, etc. Hoping it settles down when I go back in 8-10 weeks.
I thought I would be spending my time buying stuff for our FE for our Nov Disney cruise but I’m kind of leaning towards canceling now. I’m guessing cruising won’t start until July at least and Id like to see a few months of smooth sailing before going so that’s out. Not sure what to change to since we are on the Nov double dip Merrytime cruise which isn’t an option.
Anyway, thinking about everyone on here. Stay safe everyone!
All the best to you in your recovery!
To lighten things up, I have some confessions to make:
I haven't put makeup on in 14 days
I've been switching back and forth between black joggers and black leggings (don't want to get in a rut:)
My hair dryer hasn't been plugged in in two weeks
I'm watching the news while I work (it's sort of helpful for my job)
My dog and I are growing more codependent by the day
Today was the first day in 10 days that I have dried my hair (side-swept bangs are getting long)!
I am struggling with when to jump back in to traveling. My next trip was at the end of May, flying to Utah. TBH, I am just not feeling up to getting on a plane right now. While I think things will ease up in the next two months, I really don't feel like I will be comfortable flying that soon. Trip after that was July to Glacier. I am probably a little nuts from staying at home so long but actually thinking of driving to Glacier. Yeah it is a loooong drive, but with 3 drivers it would be doable. And we would be going right by T. Roosevelt NP. Probably never get there otherwise. On the other hand, flights are now dirt cheap to Glacier.

Anyone else struggling? How do you feel July will be - normal, more normal but not going anywhere? Would you feel better traveling by car than plane?
Right now I really want to get to Sac this summer to see my aunties who were supposed to come out here for ds's now-postponed wedding. Honestly, I'd be really, really happy if dd can go back to campus in August.
Well guys I’m officially on unemployment 😢 and DH will be next week. These are incredibly scary times for the iflossu household. Never thought in a million years either of us would file for unemployment. Especially not at the same time 🥺We’re both fortunate to have lucrative and stable careers, but sadly neither of us is essential at the moment. DH has been furloughed for 4 weeks to help with social distancing at his large company, but will not be paid. As a hygienist, I’m going to be out until further notice. I know we’ll come out ok on the other side of this, but the unknowns are completely terrifying.

On a positive, our kids started online school this week and it has been an absolute blessing to be home to help them navigate that new territory. This situation has given me a certain perspective on life that I think I very much needed.

Credit card situation-need to finish MSR on Hilton Biz and new CIP, because I’m not a quitter 😂 but it will take the full 90 days as we obviously have to limit spending.

We will postpone our May DL trip, but I’m hopeful 🤞🏻 we can travel as planned from July through the end of 2020.
Ugh, so sorry! Older dd and ds's fiancee are both unemployed now. In fact, of the 4 people in their house, ds is the only one who is still working. He's feeling the pressure right now, even though he is well-paid and is in a very secure job.
It’s hard being Chinese right now.
so very sorry
I'm supposed to be going to Universal for my 30th birthday in early May. I'm feeling kind of down because I'm pretty sure that even if the park is open, I don't think I'd feel safe flying there and being around all the crowds. Rationally, a long road trip to a national park seems like it would be safer, especially by July. I'm hoping July is back to mostly-normal. But overall I'm just having a hard time planning beyond the next couple days right now.
yeah, it's so hard to plan anything
We are also getting refunded for DD's half of semester of room/board. Will get check this summer.
We'll be getting refunds from IU for room. Her board $$ will roll over to next semester as they normally would.
OK thank you.

I suppose if it gets canceled, then the stress of finding good availability starts all over again... assuming those miles are still good for the same redemption value by then.

Ahhhhh good times.
If your November flights get cancelled, my September Australia flights will also be cancelled. In that case we'll have to have a Zoom happy hour :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter