• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made 6 homemade pizzas last night. Each one was different...a veggie, a spicy, a meat, a supreme, a pepperoni and a hawaiian. I've got an extra teen, well he is 20yo, as his fam is quarantined and he cannot go home yet. He drove my dd home from the dcp and is staying with us til it's safe. And then I had another teen guy as well last night for dinner. Anyways, I love homemade pizza and I make fantastic pizza, if I do say so myself. It's always a hit!
We either do homemade (BC dough mix add water) or take out (Donatos, Jets). Last weekend we had homemade. I usually make two full size - supreme and a pep. Even with just the two of us, I'll make two large pizzas. We finished the left overs for lunch the next week. Very, very good.

I still have enough dough packets for two more pizzas. If I can't find more (all sold out this week when I looked), I will attempt to make my own. I have flour and yeast. we'll see how it goes.

We either do homemade (BC dough mix add water) or take out (Donatos, Jets). Last weekend we had homemade. I usually make two full size - supreme and a pep. Even with just the two of us, I'll make two large pizzas. We finished the left overs for lunch the next week. Very, very good.

I still have enough dough packets for two more pizzas. If I can't find more (all sold out this week when I looked), I will attempt to make my own. I have flour and yeast. we'll see how it goes.

I bought some dough mixes when I was at Kroger in South Carolina. Also bought some prepared sauce, and some 'pizza' yeast as well as regular yeast and rapid rise yeast which I figure is what the yeast is for pizza crust. I didn't ask DD what she used. I was too busy eating and she had gone back to her desk - and her internet friends.

We buy very little bread here, so that is not a big issue for us. Part of a carb restricted diet to control my a1c. But, I like to have some pizza, and have found the California Pizza Kitchen cauliflower frozen pizzas to be acceptable so I'll look for some of those next week. Eating pizza made with regular crust was a huge treat for me and I intend to have another piece for lunch today. After that - pizza will be planned for maybe a couple of weekends from now, and I'll try to concentrate more on veggie meals.

Finally went ahead and canceled my July flights. JetBlue has been fantastic for us through this. For July I had 2 one ways booked, one a Blue Extra on TrueBlue points, and the other a standard Blue on cash. I talked to a crewmember via chat and it was quick, painless, and everything was refunded no questions asked including my points. The Even More Space upcharges got put back on my JetBlue Plus card. Taxes in the travel bank as a credit good for a year. Very satisfied with their service.
Good to know. I canceled a flight recently via their online system. The flight is showing canceled but I received no email and no refund. Just started a chat - I really don't want to call.

I bought some dough mixes when I was at Kroger in South Carolina. Also bought some prepared sauce, and some 'pizza' yeast as well as regular yeast and rapid rise yeast which I figure is what the yeast is for pizza crust. I didn't ask DD what she used. I was too busy eating and she had gone back to her desk - and her internet friends.

We buy very little bread here, so that is not a big issue for us. Part of a carb restricted diet to control my a1c. But, I like to have some pizza, and have found the California Pizza Kitchen cauliflower frozen pizzas to be acceptable so I'll look for some of those next week. Eating pizza made with regular crust was a huge treat for me and I intend to have another piece for lunch today. After that - pizza will be planned for maybe a couple of weekends from now, and I'll try to concentrate more on veggie meals.
I went through a bread phase a while ago! Only things to stick were soft pretzels. I make those all the time now. I did look up pizza dough then and found a blog or article which tried 4 network food stars recipes. I can't find it now but remember one was Bobby Flay and one was Alton Brown. Very different - some used rapid yeast and some use regular yeast and left it rise for 2 hours or so. To me when I want pizza I want it. Don't want to wait 2+ hours!

Delta question - it looks like the cancel/redeposit fee for award travel is $150. If you have two tickets on one itinerary (all miles from one account) is it just $150 or $300? Thanks.

Good to know. I canceled a flight recently via their online system. The flight is showing canceled but I received no email and no refund. Just started a chat - I really don't want to call.

Talking a bit of customer service insider baseball here, but chat/social media customer service reps are almost always the best of the best at their contact centers. At centers which don't hire directly for those positions, they are generally only offered to seasoned cream of the crop reps with high QA averages. That's why I always recommend going through chat if it's offered.

Well DISchurners friends... here we are in the midst of what might just be the craziest event any of us have ever lived through. For brief moments of the day, I'm able to forget what's going on around me and just live in that moment. BUT eventually my mind turns to so many things that I've missed, will miss, might miss, and hope not to miss. And so that's my topic for this evening:

Make a list of all the things you're looking forward to...big and small...and elaborate if you want! Feel free to list 1 thing or 100 things - post it here! Then let's spread the loves and the likes! Hopefully thinking about what's at the other end of all of this can help get us through!

Haven't been on in a while so I will chime in with one thing I'm looking forward to:

Entertainment that doesn't involve renaming the rooms in my house so they "feel" more Disney-ish. Currently the storage/hoarder room is called "The Land of Hidden Treasures" my garage has been re-named "Transportation Station" the kitchen, since I don't know how to cook, is dubbed "Hollow of Mysteries"

I’d like to try Aldi. We don’t have them here but I’ve heard good things. I do like Publix’s deli. We’ve gotten sandwiches there and they were so good. I definitely agree with you that it’s all about what you are used to paying. Our groceries are pretty inexpensive here compared to other places so that was what my dd was used to.
Funny..we don't have Publix where we live, but every time we visit Florida,my BIL HAS to stop at Publix to get a sandwich from the deli :rotfl2:

Talking a bit of customer service insider baseball here, but chat/social media customer service reps are almost always the best of the best at their contact centers. At centers which don't hire directly for those positions, they are generally only offered to seasoned cream of the crop reps with high QA averages. That's why I always recommend going through chat if it's offered.
It worked. The chat agent is putting the points back into my true blue acct and issuing a travel credit for the 11.20 in fees. Thank you.

So, does that mean your work quota for this year will be filled by tomorrow afternoon? Or will you just keep on producing as much as you possibly can?
They haven’t really told us if these forgivable loans delivered to our doorstep by the government will count towards production goals. It’s an interesting question for sure as the banks are getting paid a fee by the SBA to process these loans 🤔

Funny..we don't have Publix where we live, but every time we visit Florida,my BIL HAS to stop at Publix to get a sandwich from the deli :rotfl2:

I used to buy a premade Publix deli sandwich when I could eat all that bread and I loved them! Same with Wegman's - at work I would buy 4 or 5 of those sandwiches, cut them into sections so people could pick different meat combos, pick up a few packs of Wegman's soda and a carrot cake - lunch for my immediate staff for very little money!

Is anyone doing the Chase bank bonus - $200 checking/$300 Savings/$600 combined? I see these T&C Bonus/Account Information: Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers. Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers. Both offers are not available to those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.

I didn't see any language on last bonus. My last bonus was 3/2018 and closed 9/2018 so I think I am good even if there is 24 month bonus language but I just can't find it.

So this morning I made a little visit to the Marriott website to check out points values for late June, which is when I booked a night for my son.
I found this, which is Marriott going ahead with their category changes. A note - Hyatt has suspended changes that they intended to put in place before bC.

I booked a similar room at 40K points back before they changed categories - they have 5 properties. The Bethany Beach property that @SouthFayetteFan stayed in last summer is at 70K points also. I will be monitoring these points values and prices.

Right now, I'm not wanting to go in July and my beach trips are very important to me. I'm booked at Hyatt which is right next door to this Courtyard for 15K Hyatt points per night.

I also wonder how many other Fairfields hit 60K points per night??

The above Courtyard is where I speculated I could use my 50K night. As you can see that's gone south, but I've done a speculative booking for Swolphin later this year.

Since I am high risk, older, type 2 diabetes, heart, hypertension, it's probably best for me to learn hibernation/isolation as much as possible, even when most can travel freely, until there are treatments. Plus work on getting my weight down further - I'm doing okay but have lots of room for improvement, plus forcing myself to exercise something other then my internet fingers.

Editing to add: the 70k room is NOT oceanfront but city view. They offer no oceanfront for points.

The Fairfield Inn is not oceanfront at all. It's on Coastal Hwy. Some of its rooms have a Bay view which can be nice but I haven't stayed there to know exactly what they are looking at. They have to cross an 8 lane highway (including turning lanes/bus lanes) to get to the beach.

Last edited:
it says on college boards atm that college student who are claimed dependent on 2019 taxes will not get the $1200, nor will their claimers get the $500.
im guessing there isnt a way to check or something, seems kind of a void there.
Same thing I’ve seen in news articles.

I just stopped over at the Community board for something to read....OMG some scary threads and some STRONG opinions. I prefer talk of pizza and made up songs. The real world is stressful enough.
Right? I can’t even watch news. 5 minutes of reading news updates and I’m done. Plus work emails.
I did venture to the grocery store today. Made DH go with because I thought it would be like last week with a huge line, and one of us could wait in line while the other filled the cart. Nope, not busy. Most things well stocked. Got ground meat for tacos and burgers plus splurge items for our staycation. Spent $175 which is $100 more than usual! 😳 (and why I usually stick with Aldi-$8 for a box of ice cream bars!!)
Cashier said last Saturday was crazy but the rest of the week was normal. She said all the crazies stocked up for like a month so they won’t be back soon. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter