• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use pioneer woman's pizza crust recipe. It's nothing special, but it's quick and easy. ***don't add too much flour.***

I'll give my CIP app another try while i'm waiting for paint to dry later today. Feels like all i've done for 3 days is paint, stain, sand, and poly. Oh wait. That IS pretty much all I've done. The good news is that aside from waiting for the rest of the balusters to get shipped to us, we should be done with 95% of the mudroom today or tomorrow.

Anyone watching Little Fires Everywhere? I'm really enjoying it.

And I slept until 8 this morning. That's unreal. The dog didn't even wake me up. I'm definitely getting the recommended amount of sleep now that I'm not commuting.

I want to! Have you read the book? I wanted to read the book before I watch that show. I might pick it up on Kindle. I actually just restarted The Handmaid's Tale while cross stitching a gift this morning.

Anyone watching Little Fires Everywhere? I'm really enjoying it.

And I slept until 8 this morning. That's unreal. The dog didn't even wake me up. I'm definitely getting the recommended amount of sleep now that I'm not commuting.
Yes, I like it too! And I actually slept better last night. Haven’t been sleeping good for weeks. Coincidentally my work place closed yesterday. No idea for how long, but I’m fine with less exposure and staying home too.

If you need a recipe I have a good one for whole wheat crust I’ve used for 25+ years. I usually double or triple it and freeze some. It doesn’t need to rise long.
Yes please! I like knowing someone else has gotten good results on a recipe. Do you freeze the dough unbaked or baked?

Last night, I tried a new Tune Noodle Casserole recipe. Not bad. Good enough to try again and make some tweaks that I think my family will like.

I'll give my CIP app another try while i'm waiting for paint to dry later today. Feels like all i've done for 3 days is paint, stain, sand, and poly. Oh wait. That IS pretty much all I've done. The good news is that aside from waiting for the rest of the balusters to get shipped to us, we should be done with 95% of the mudroom today or tomorrow.

Soon you will know which is better: Waiting on CIP approval OR watching paint dry :D

I want to! Have you read the book? I wanted to read the book before I watch that show. I might pick it up on Kindle. I actually just restarted The Handmaid's Tale while cross stitching a gift this morning.
I haven't and I'm picky about reading books first but this is a special circumstance!

So this morning I made a little visit to the Marriott website to check out points values for late June, which is when I booked a night for my son.
I found this, which is Marriott going ahead with their category changes. A note - Hyatt has suspended changes that they intended to put in place before bC.

View attachment 483869

I booked a similar room at 40K points back before they changed categories - they have 5 properties. The Bethany Beach property that @SouthFayetteFan stayed in last summer is at 70K points also. I will be monitoring these points values and prices.

Right now, I'm not wanting to go in July and my beach trips are very important to me. I'm booked at Hyatt which is right next door to this Courtyard for 15K Hyatt points per night.

I also wonder how many other Fairfields hit 60K points per night??

The above Courtyard is where I speculated I could use my 50K night. As you can see that's gone south, but I've done a speculative booking for Swolphin later this year.

Since I am high risk, older, type 2 diabetes, heart, hypertension, it's probably best for me to learn hibernation/isolation as much as possible, even when most can travel freely, until there are treatments. Plus work on getting my weight down further - I'm doing okay but have lots of room for improvement, plus forcing myself to exercise something other then my internet fingers.

Editing to add: the 70k room is NOT oceanfront but city view. They offer no oceanfront for points.

The Fairfield Inn is not oceanfront at all. It's on Coastal Hwy. Some of its rooms have a Bay view which can be nice but I haven't stayed there to know exactly what they are looking at. They have to cross an 8 lane highway (including turning lanes/bus lanes) to get to the beach.
I stayed at the Fairfield 2 years ago for a cheer competition. One side of the hotel has a trailer park on the other side of the street. Kind of a seedy area. Our room faced the front and the road was very loud even in April. I thought it was way overpriced but her cheer gym added the competition too late to stay at the Hilton where we usually stay and with cheer rates not much more. The hotel itself was pretty new and clean at that time. My daughter and I were supposed to be at a cheer competition in Ocean City this weekend but obviously it’s cancelled. 😢

The recipe makes 3 lbs of dough. I freeze immediately after making it, in 1 lb balls. I throw it right in the freezer. If you look later, it will have puffed up in the freezer since it will rise a bit before freezing. I usually let it thaw in the fridge (take it out in am or night before) but have thawed on the counter as well.

Whole wheat pizza crust

2 cups 120 degree water
2 1/2 tablespoons instant yeast
2 cups whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur White whole wheat)
3 1/4 cups AP flour (plus more for kneading)
3/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons salt

Combine whole wheat flour, AP flour, salt and yeast in mixer bowl. Mix until evenly blended. Add water and olive oil, and mix until dough forms. (I use my KitchenAid mixer, start it on 1 with the paddle and pour in oil and water simultaneously until clumping together).
Kneading by hand, dust counter with flour. Turn dough out and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes, adding extra flour if very sticky. Dough should be smooth but slightly tacky.
If kneading with mixer, I change to dough hook and let it knead for about 5 minutes, until smooth. Add more flour if very sticky, otherwise just let it knead.
At this point, you can freeze it, or let it rise 15-30 minutes. TBH, sometimes I just take it straight from the bowl to a sheet pan. It will be easier to roll if you let it rest/rise at least 5-10 minutes but sometimes I just roll it out and go.
I have, over the years, increased the whole wheat flour to about 50% (2 1/2 cups of whole wheat and 2 3/4 AP flours, extra AP flour when kneading)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter