• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I've seen it driving by but didn't notice the trailer park. In 2018, when I had some intention to try to get Platinum status it was on my radar to go and stay a few nights in December when the rate was $58. Never made it. I did stay at the Residence Inn last year and the area was a bit nicer but you again had the road running along the side, but no rooms on that side, just the corridor. I have Aloft booked for my son and he loved it last year.

The Courtyard is a decent property. It's not $450 plus tax fancy to me even in summer, but my intention is points only then. Now I won't give them 70k points but I would have given them a 50K certificate. It's a clean and updated room with a good location and on the Boardwalk. I also like the restaurant, The Captain's Table - food is good, not fancy and price is pretty reasonable. I have other spots I like to eat such as Shark on the Harbor, but location is always convenient.
We were going to try the Hampton Inn near the convention center this year since it was so close to the competition. Parking can be a real pain. I was really looking forward to a soft serve from Kohr Brothers.

Same. I said I wasn’t going to post anymore, but people keep quoting me and throwing nonsense at me. My argumentative side likes to have the last word, but I think I have gotten my point across and have truly thrown in the towel. Of course, I could pick the towel back up the next time someone quotes me.

I'm trying to stay focused on the 'information' side as sometimes you will learn things, which is the reason I went over there to begin with. The trolls (people over there that think their point is the only correct one) kind of muddle things. I'm learning to avoid them. I'm seeing that a lot of people think that DVC is Disney Parks and don't understand why 'Disney' can't just swoop in and write off the whole cost of the pandemic damage. Right now, I'm concentrating on staying as far ahead of this as possible with my own points. Lucky for me my schedule seems to sync well.

If I hadn't made the decision to go ahead and go to Hilton Head, I would have had 112 points that would have been subject to expiry on September 30. I don't travel in the summer except to Hilton Head and getting a 2 bedroom for 6 nights for 160 points (the total of my 6 nights in March) would not have happened. Plus only weekend availability left. One or two nights for my little bit of points.

I just finished writing how I think C will affect all this and my thoughts are too depressing to inflict on anyone so I erased them. Anyway, I'm prepared to keep shuffling my points through next year.

We were going to try the Hampton Inn near the convention center this year since it was so close to the competition. Parking can be a real pain. I was really looking forward to a soft serve from Kohr Brothers.

What is Kohr Brothers - ice cream only? I've not seen them.

Same here. DS actually cleaned out all of his drawers and closet the other day. After he folder his freshly washed laundry, he told me he wanted to purge before he put everything away. I've been telling him to do that for at least a year! Finally done!

The odd thing at our house is that DH and I are still working, while DS and DD1 are here by themselves all day.

DH may start working at home though. We both work at an agricultural services company which is considered an essential business. DH just got his once every 6 weeks infusion for IBD and they told him that it is an immunocompromised condition. They basically said they thought he should be 100% staying at home. He's 55, so not at the completely critical age, but not really a spring chicken either lol! I don't know what to tell him to do. He has a lot of employees under him that have no possibility of working at home. Probably about 75% of his job can be done from home, but it will put somewhat of a burden on others if he works from home 100% of the time. I know his health is the prime concern though, so just not sure what he should do.

We live in a smallish community and there are no cases in the tricounty area that our company serves, but we are only about an hour away from St Louis which has a growing number of cases. I know it's only a matter of time until it hits our community as well.
He should work from home.

Truly sad...... I just got an alert on my phone that we should be boarding Ronald Reagan airport. So sad. Maybe next year 😢😢😢😢😢miss you Hawaii.
I’m so sorry 😞. I have magical express tags waiting in my mail today. Sure Disney rub it in. Plus they sent them two weeks ago. Not sure why they sent them again.
Now my gripe for today. As of midnight last night we are in 2 weeks of stay at home. We had to drop something in a Fed Ex box, so we took a few minute drive to see how quiet it was. Yeah, Home Depot was busy. Menards was absolutely packed!!!!!! WTH is wrong with people? I hardly think building a book case or something is an essential or necessary reason to be out. People just don’t get it or don’t care. I am so mad. We aren’t even ordering takeout since they closed all those two weeks ago because we are really staying away from everyone (except the neighbor that comes over every Friday for darts and beer with DH, but he has been working at home for two weeks and not going either)

Is anyone doing the Chase bank bonus - $200 checking/$300 Savings/$600 combined? I see these T&C Bonus/Account Information: Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers. Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers. Both offers are not available to those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.

I didn't see any language on last bonus. My last bonus was 3/2018 and closed 9/2018 so I think I am good even if there is 24 month bonus language but I just can't find it.
The language about last bonus is at the end of that same section - "You can receive only one new checking and one new savings account opening related bonus every two years from the last enrollment date and only one bonus per account" - almost the last sentence.

For the bank accounts they're counting from account open date rather than bonus date. So I think you're outside of the 24 months.
If this helps:

Same here. DS actually cleaned out all of his drawers and closet the other day. After he folder his freshly washed laundry, he told me he wanted to purge before he put everything away. I've been telling him to do that for at least a year! Finally done!

The odd thing at our house is that DH and I are still working, while DS and DD1 are here by themselves all day.

DH may start working at home though. We both work at an agricultural services company which is considered an essential business. DH just got his once every 6 weeks infusion for IBD and they told him that it is an immunocompromised condition. They basically said they thought he should be 100% staying at home. He's 55, so not at the completely critical age, but not really a spring chicken either lol! I don't know what to tell him to do. He has a lot of employees under him that have no possibility of working at home. Probably about 75% of his job can be done from home, but it will put somewhat of a burden on others if he works from home 100% of the time. I know his health is the prime concern though, so just not sure what he should do.

We live in a smallish community and there are no cases in the tricounty area that our company serves, but we are only about an hour away from St Louis which has a growing number of cases. I know it's only a matter of time until it hits our community as well.
Amazon update. Wednesday I used the amex offer (yay for finally having mrs!) To order dog food, an easy read escape book from one of my series and a hair brush. Thr brush shipped from someone else so said I'd like the other two on saturday. I get that things are slower so was fine with not having friday. That night I realized I would be out of allergy meds in a couple weeks so figured I'd order now to account for any delay. Took the digital credit for slow and it said 31st to 2nd. Salad spinner still sitting at april 21.

Thursday I get notification that the book, allergy meds and salad spinner have all shipped and will be here sunday. Ok great 2 early but I wanted to read sat but whatever.

Yesterday I get notification the dog food shipped but it's still set for sat. Then a few hours later it's out for delivery and comes. Ok so if you had that where's the othet stuff. Look at my orders and the other shipment had been at the facility on my city since 930am. So now I'm confused why they couldn't have just brought it all since that was before I got the delivery notification.

Today I look to see what's going on and it got transferred to the post office who did deliver it today which is weird since we normally dont get larger packages like this from them.

Moral of the story, amazon is on crack and I think a lot of it depends on if they have drivers come in which is why I got the dog food early. I also think for stuff that may get delayed if you order wirh it or like I did later, stuff that comes from the warehouse it's at you'll get it sooner. I get what's going on won't happen forever but had it been stuff I truly needed it could have been a problem. So the other moral, order before you need it and know they are on crack 😂

Side note almost all of the 2lbs of pb m&ms I got last friday are gone. But I ran 4 miles this morning! Still feel bad as I keep eating them though. Normally not an emotional or bored eater but my issue with them does correlate back to when everything was starting to get bad here and travel bans were starting. We all gotta have something to help us through I guess.

I ordered from Staples yesterday. Delivery was slated for Monday. I heard a truck outside around 1pm and it was my Staples order. UPS. I'm not complaining. Now I can drink coffee without running out plus got my Amex 10% and the Staples discount.

And, I was sitting quiet about your M&M's, not admitting I had bought and consumed a bag since Hilton Head. But now I'm okay with it because my bag was only 8 oz and you had 2 freaking pounds!

Lol, thanks for making me feel less guilty!!! (but you are a skinny little person who runs and can probably handle 2 pounds better than me with 8 ounces.)

I’m so sorry 😞. I have magical express tags waiting in my mail today. Sure Disney rub it in. Plus they sent them two weeks ago. Not sure why they sent them again.
Now my gripe for today. As of midnight last night we are in 2 weeks of stay at home. We had to drop something in a Fed Ex box, so we took a few minute drive to see how quiet it was. Yeah, Home Depot was busy. Menards was absolutely packed!!!!!! WTH is wrong with people? I hardly think building a book case or something is an essential or necessary reason to be out. People just don’t get it or don’t care. I am so mad. We aren’t even ordering takeout since they closed all those two weeks ago because we are really staying away from everyone (except the neighbor that comes over every Friday for darts and beer with DH, but he has been working at home for two weeks and not going either)
My parents work at my aunt and uncle’s lumberyard and they said they’ve been packed with people wanting to do stuff around the house.

So in credit card news, my SPG Biz annual fee posted and I'm not sure whether or not to keep it. I'm not sure I'll use the free night certificate since my travel plans are currently so up in the air. The only reason I'm not 100% sure I want to cancel is because it's the only Amex business card I get decent offers on.

And I'm thinking I should call chase and see if I can cancel my Vancouver plane tickets for August on AA since they changed the time. If we end up cruising, I'll figure something out.

I'm also considering canceling my RCI cruise for spring break 2021 since I'll likely cruise DCL (God willing) next summer. Two cruises in four months is a bit much for me. Plus I want to give my ex the opportunity to have the kids for spring break (last time both kids will have break at the same time).

He absolutely should work from home. Not to scare you but 55 is still high risk, maybe not 70 high risk, but reports from one of the local university hospitals here is that all the COVID 19 patients they have on ventilators are 40-60 years old.
Make him stay home.
Truly sad...... I just got an alert on my phone that we should be boarding Ronald Reagan airport. So sad. Maybe next year 😢😢😢😢😢miss you Hawaii.
I got an alert to check in for our SW flight to New Orleans. 😢
So in credit card news, my SPG Biz annual fee posted and I'm not sure whether or not to keep it. I'm not sure I'll use the free night certificate since my travel plans are currently so up in the air. The only reason I'm not 100% sure I want to cancel is because it's the only Amex business card I get decent offers on.

And I'm thinking I should call chase and see if I can cancel my Vancouver plane tickets for August on AA since they changed the time. If we end up cruising, I'll figure something out.

I'm also considering canceling my RCI cruise for spring break 2021 since I'll likely cruise DCL (God willing) next summer. Two cruises in four months is a bit much for me. Plus I want to give my ex the opportunity to have the kids for spring break (last time both kids will have break at the same time).
I’m having the same dilemma. I also seem to get better offers on this card. I have Amex Marriott Biz and personal and Hilton personal and the biz definitely seems to get thto better offers. I tried chatting with them today to see if I had retention off RD but they said I have to call. When their website says “Don’t call, we are experiencing long wait times” 🤷🏼‍♀️

My dd is working today (Target) and she said the place is packed and people are just casually shopping for clothes and shoes and house stuff. It’s irritating because she has to clean everything between each guest so it’s a lot of extra work.

I'm in the same boat with my spg (bonblah) biz, as my fee will post soon. I tried calling this week for a retention offer but after staying on hold for a long time I decided to hang up. I'll try again next week. I don't think I'll be able to take advantage of the FNC, so I'm planning to cancel unless I get a retention offer.

I ordered from Staples yesterday. Delivery was slated for Monday. I heard a truck outside around 1pm and it was my Staples order. UPS. I'm not complaining. Now I can drink coffee without running out plus got my Amex 10% and the Staples discount.

And, I was sitting quiet about your M&M's, not admitting I had bought and consumed a bag since Hilton Head. But now I'm okay with it because my bag was only 8 oz and you had 2 freaking pounds!

Lol, thanks for making me feel less guilty!!! (but you are a skinny little person who runs and can probably handle 2 pounds better than me with 8 ounces.)

Sigh but I'm supposed to be lowering my cholesterol, stupid genetics, and all this sugar isn't helping. But I suppose there are worse things I coukd be eating or drinking to deal with it. Plus I don't totall think I'll be able to get my bad level down much anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter