• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, unfortunately with the CP and EBCI purchased you will have to call SW
Thanks. I made the call and it wasn't too bad. They did the thing where they'll call you back so you don't have to sit on hold. They said the wait was 46 minutes and I got the call back at exactly 46 minutes. I then had to wait about 5 minutes for a person, but the rest went smoothly.
I changed my flights to August.
I don't love the heat then, but I really don't want to have to wait another year after planning this trip for two years.

The silver lining is that thanks to all of you and your credit card tips, I think I have enough points to cover a shorter (5-night) trip at a moderate in August and then do what we had planned for this April (10 nights at a deluxe) in 2021.

The language about last bonus is at the end of that same section - "You can receive only one new checking and one new savings account opening related bonus every two years from the last enrollment date and only one bonus per account" - almost the last sentence.

For the bank accounts they're counting from account open date rather than bonus date. So I think you're outside of the 24 months.
If this helps:
Thanks for pointing that out.

Stores were really relaxed today. Headed out around 3p.
Aldi: Had everything we wanted, even TP ( we didn't get any b/c we were hoping for jumbo pack at Sam's).
Walmart: Had everything we wanted except Starbucks blonde coffee? Not sure what that is exactly but DW had put it on the list.
Sam's: Scored the 2nd last jumbo pack of TP.
After all the scarcity craziness, really made me appreciate everyone along the supply chain that has worked so hard to meet the demand.
What a country!

I stopped at a "ranch truck" owned by some high school friends of mine and picked up a (family size) chicken pot pie and steak pot pie. That'll be good for dinner for a couple of nights (my stepson and husband LOVE pot pie), there weren't many people there, and I helped keep a local small business alive.

Then my husband and I rode (together) to get some sunshine down to a community about 40 miles from here. We only ate at Sonic but we brought a sheet and sat on the ground in front of the motorcycle and had a "picnic." Easy to stay away from people when everyone else is eating in their cars!

Just under $3K to go on this MSR.

Stores were really relaxed today. Headed out around 3p.
Aldi: Had everything we wanted, even TP ( we didn't get any b/c we were hoping for jumbo pack at Sam's).
Walmart: Had everything we wanted except Starbucks blonde coffee? Not sure what that is exactly but DW had put it on the list.
Sam's: Scored the 2nd last jumbo pack of TP.
After all the scarcity craziness, really made me appreciate everyone along the supply chain that has worked so hard to meet the demand.
What a country!

Yep, I think everyone's garage is now so full they can't store any more :D. I was down to 2 rolls of TP and one box of KleenX, and manage to score both this morning.

Thanks. I made the call and it wasn't too bad. They did the thing where they'll call you back so you don't have to sit on hold. They said the wait was 46 minutes and I got the call back at exactly 46 minutes. I then had to wait about 5 minutes for a person, but the rest went smoothly.
I changed my flights to August.
I don't love the heat then, but I really don't want to have to wait another year after planning this trip for two years.

The silver lining is that thanks to all of you and your credit card tips, I think I have enough points to cover a shorter (5-night) trip at a moderate in August and then do what we had planned for this April (10 nights at a deluxe) in 2021.
Glad it went smoothly for you.....SW makes changing flights very easy

I stopped at a "ranch truck" owned by some high school friends of mine and picked up a (family size) chicken pot pie and steak pot pie. That'll be good for dinner for a couple of nights (my stepson and husband LOVE pot pie), there weren't many people there, and I helped keep a local small business alive.

Then my husband and I rode (together) to get some sunshine down to a community about 40 miles from here. We only ate at Sonic but we brought a sheet and sat on the ground in front of the motorcycle and had a "picnic." Easy to stay away from people when everyone else is eating in their cars!

Just under $3K to go on this MSR.
Sounds like so much fun.....I love chicken pot pies have never seen a steak one ...sounds delicious ...will have to look around here

Last edited:

Rewards programs are suspending/restricting the ability to redeem for gift cards or merchandise. It’s Delta and Southwest right now. (UA like doubled redemption prices a couple weeks ago for gift cards.) I know this would be a very rare use of miles for anyone in this crew but if anyone is thinking of this as a backup if their points become useless as we aren’t traveling right now- nope.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/loyalty-programs-limiting-non-travel-redemptions/

You all should raise hell if they’re not.
The bank has always taken good care of me and I’m grateful to be collecting a paycheck right now while I see others around me struggling.

They might elect to not include these loans as part of production, but that might not necessarily hurt me. If instead they put a flat bonus, that could be a win for some folks. Since the loans are based solely on payroll nothing I can do can influence the loan amount. So in a production based system, bankers lucky enough to cover clients with large payroll would get more than those with clients with small payroll despite both putting forth the same amount of effort.

So in general:
1) I’m happy to be employed and getting regular dependable pay
2) I’m eager to help my clients with these loans and help save their businesses regardless of what it means to me financially
3) I trust my employer to take care of me

😃

The bank has always taken good care of me and I’m grateful to be collecting a paycheck right now while I see others around me struggling.

They might elect to not include these loans as part of production, but that might not necessarily hurt me. If instead they put a flat bonus, that could be a win for some folks. Since the loans are based solely on payroll nothing I can do can influence the loan amount. So in a production based system, bankers lucky enough to cover clients with large payroll would get more than those with clients with small payroll despite both putting forth the same amount of effort.

So in general:
2) I’m eager to help my clients with these loans and help save their businesses regardless of what it means to me financially

😃
Oh and I should add that banks love to come up with reasons to pay bonuses for mediocrity 🤣. It really is a beautiful industry to be a part of! 🤣

So in general:

😃
I have some swampland in FL.... jk jk! Nice to see someone happily employed right now :)

Sounds like they aren’t accepting reservations for check ins prior to June 1 currently?

https://blogmickey.com/2020/03/walt...ting-new-reservations-for-june-1st-and-beyond

We check in May 30th. Funny because we originally checked in June 1st and I had a night at MCO Hyatt but moved our trip a few months ago by one day then just last week canceled the Hyatt room. Just rebooked the Hyatt room incase we can't checkin on the 30th. Now I am kind of worried *IF* it is open its going to be super busy with all schools out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter