I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is now us also. :sad: Well,not the gates of hell thing lol. Neither DH or I want to take our planned fall cruise anymore. I'm willing to cancel it and lose all my points if needed. I'm just waiting to get info on how to proceed after phone waits calm down (I hope) I paid using UR 100%,and i have no idea if it's an early saver booking (no refunds,just cruise credits) or otherwise at this point, and I bought 'cancel for any reason' insurance. Anyone know how that works if paid with UR? Argh. And I was so excited a few months ago to book this.
Was the insurance part of the package you booked or did you buy it 3rd party?

Checked my Amex cards after @miztressuz posted and found Happy Guy on 2 cards that I was able to add. Also the Best Buy 1 point, added it to my no fee MR card along with the Lowes 1 point.

Also, I had $25 off $100 on several cards so added it to 2 for White House Black Market. In the past this has credited by buying a gift card online, and then I was able to use the gift cards at outlets stores. Hopefully the same thing will happen. I'll start with one gift card but not until closer to expiry as I'd hate to hear a retailer went under and that I was holding gift cards.

And Lowes 1 additional point does me little good. I have a Lowes card so if I don't have a better option I would use that instead of a 1 MR extra card.
Remember to be careful with the Happy Guy cards if you intend to use them for gc at Home Depot. (There were reports Home Depot drained gift cards after they were purchased that were linked to being purchased with Happy Guy cards. Idk if the reports are true but I'm not willing to risk that.)

@CyndiLouWho Daughter already has one and I was also going to suggest it. But I checked a couple of online outlets and couldn't find one either. It's a system that even I can donate a few minutes to!

Daughter has explained that there is a reason for the lack of switches: There was a game cube game called Animal Crossing which many people her age group played and loved in their childhood. She's 27 and 18 years later this happened. She was 9 when she got the gamecube. We got the Switch when ToysRUs were closing the doors.

Recently They re - released Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Switch, on March 20th. Needless to say she bought it as she is up on that stuff. And, anyone who didn't have a Switch, ran out and bought them all up due to the release of this game. Nintendo site has none.
The supply lines for gaming consoles, computers, tech stuff are screwed right now so it could be a while before supply catches up with demand...

@CyndiLouWho Daughter already has one and I was also going to suggest it. But I checked a couple of online outlets and couldn't find one either. It's a system that even I can donate a few minutes to!

Daughter has explained that there is a reason for the lack of switches: There was a game cube game called Animal Crossing which many people her age group played and loved in their childhood. She's 27 and 18 years later this happened. She was 9 when she got the gamecube. We got the Switch when ToysRUs were closing the doors.

Recently They re - released Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Switch, on March 20th. Needless to say she bought it as she is up on that stuff. And, anyone who didn't have a Switch, ran out and bought them all up due to the release of this game. Nintendo site has none.
Dh has been playing animal crossing on our GameCube because we aren’t able to get a switch. I play it on my phone every day.

I get why it wouldn't stick around for a year but I hope they realize what they've done and do it for everyone. My higher af won't hit until next feb I think but they're setting precedent with this. This would make it easier to decide to keep the card.
They aren't setting a precedent, these are extraordinary times and this was when the new AF was supposed to hit. Honestly, I thought it was crummy only some of us got to renew this year at $450 (I was in Feb too) and everyone else was going to get whacked with $550. I think this is simply an attempt to stop what would have been a mass exodus of customers due to extenuating circumstances. I pray these circumstances disappear quickly, but when they do it will be time for Chase to see if the new AF sticks or not.

Remember to be careful with the Happy Guy cards if you intend to use them for gc at Home Depot. (There were reports Home Depot drained gift cards after they were purchased that were linked to being purchased with Happy Guy cards. Idk if the reports are true but I'm not willing to risk that.)

Interesting. I've done the Happy Card Home Depot buy Disney gift cards for approximately $500 worth. Then came home and applied them all to my DVC dues. Haven't seen a problem yet. Hope I won't in future.

I do have a little Home Depot card issue on a $25 ecard that I know had $25 on it months ago. (It came from Amex MR's). I thought it was good, but when I was ordering using it at Home Depot online yesterday, it came up empty. My notes have it as good. I moved on to another physical card that I bought from Giant around the same time and it was still full of it's $100.

So now, I'll have to look at receipts. It's very possible I didn't log my purchase. Probably used it to buy light bulbs for my stand alone stove fan - I bought about $25 worth. Just remembered that. These light bulbs are annoying because they are hard to find so I stocked up for the next few years, then figured out they had them on the Feit website.

Finally worked out my Southwest flights for now. I had to call due to CP and EBCI, wait time was less than a minute. I have some $5.60 credits now. I've been working on a perfect SW spreadsheet for flight tracking and I'm now adding a "CC used" column. I think I used my now canceled SW card for some of these and I know I used CSR for others. I probably should have just asked for the refund anyway.

According to Doctor of Credit credit card issuers are suspending affiliate links and possibly referrals.

Hopefully the Chase issue is a glitch.
As a reminder if you can't generate a link but you want to use it or send it to someone if you posted it on DISchurners over the last 2 months you can try to copy that link as those already generated are still live for now.

Remember to be careful with the Happy Guy cards if you intend to use them for GCs at Home Depot. (There were reports of Home Depot drained gift cards after they were purchased that were linked to being purchased with Happy Guy cards. Idk if the reports are true but I'm not willing to risk that.)

Interesting. I've done the Happy Card Home Depot buy Disney gift cards for approximately $500 worth. Then came home and applied them all to my DVC dues. Haven't seen a problem yet. Hope I won't in future.

That's kinda scary. I too have converted grocery store (Giant) Happy GCs at Home Depot into Disney GCs (for DVC dues), twice. Both times were straight purchase (no other items), and the largest was $400. Been hoping for the Giant 10x deal to come along again.

I do have a little Home Depot card issue on a $25 ecard that I know had $25 on it months ago. (It came from Amex MR's). I thought it was good, but when I was ordering using it at Home Depot online yesterday, it came up empty. My notes have it as good. I moved on to another physical card that I bought from Giant around the same time and it was still full of it's $100.

So now, I'll have to look at receipts. It's very possible I didn't log my purchase. Probably used it to buy light bulbs for my stand alone stove fan - I bought about $25 worth. Just remembered that. These light bulbs are annoying because they are hard to find so I stocked up for the next few years, then figured out they had them on the Feit website.
This was the source https://gcgalore.com/are-some-happy-gift-card-brands-being-axed/ they were wrong about Happy Guy getting totally axed though. But the multiple reports scared me off. Hopefully it was a fluke or someone trolling. I haven't done that churn since Fall personally but I'll have to see lots of DPs of it going ok before I try again. Good luck to those giving it a whirl!

So I'm surviving this pandemic one ice cream bar/candy bar/cookie at a time and I just had a Haagen Daas soft dipped caramel ice cream bar. They were 1/2 price at Publix. So good!

Since I've consumed almost all the obvious treats in this house, with help from DD, my next foray will be to bake banana bread with chocolate chips and almonds. But, just to tide me over, my mid morning snack was a small strawberry Chobani greek yoghurt with Aldi's Simply Nature Cranberry and Cashew Gluten Free Honey Granola sprinkled on top.

This morning I ordered Nonni's Biscotti and a couple other things from Staples using my Amex offer and a $15 off $60 offer they sent me. Costco didn't have the 25 pack that I can usually get for 9.99 or 6.99 on sale, and from prior experience it will be months before they show again. Last year none at Costco or Sam's so I signed up for a 3 month free BJ's membership to buy them there. So they were 21.73 at Staples. Ended up being about $15 a box. You can see I was desperate. Biscotti is mandatory with my cup of morning coffee.

This was the source https://gcgalore.com/are-some-happy-gift-card-brands-being-axed/ they were wrong about Happy Guy getting totally axed though. But the multiple reports scared me off. Hopefully it was a fluke or someone trolling. I haven't done that churn since Fall personally but I'll have to see lots of DPs of it going ok before I try again. Good luck to those giving it a whirl!

I did notice that on subsequent promos, the Happy Guy with HD on it was not included at Giant.

I still have a couple of hundred in Happy Guy Home Depot's. I see nothing saying they can't be still used for regular shopping at HD. Hopefully I won't have a problem with that redemption but may get on it sooner rather than later. Thankfully my dues for this year are paid up and other than normal Disney spending which is relatively small other than my dues, I won't be straining to collect thousands.

Checked my Amex cards after @miztressuz posted and found Happy Guy on 2 cards that I was able to add. Also the Best Buy 1 point, added it to my no fee MR card along with the Lowes 1 point.

Also, I had $25 off $100 on several cards so added it to 2 for White House Black Market. In the past this has credited by buying a gift card online, and then I was able to use the gift cards at outlets stores. Hopefully the same thing will happen. I'll start with one gift card but not until closer to expiry as I'd hate to hear a retailer went under and that I was holding gift cards.

And Lowes 1 additional point does me little good. I have a Lowes card so if I don't have a better option I would use that instead of a 1 MR extra card.

I've wondered about having gift cards for stores that may close as well. I didn't end up using my 10% off Staples offers because of that. We don't have any Disney trips in the near future, so I was getting restaurant cards with my $30 off $100, but just never pulled the trigger for the 10% off ones because I didn't want to be out the 90% in case the place I chose went out of business for some reason.

I would definitely recommend 2 controllers, 3 or more would only be necessary if you anticipate having that many people playing at once.
I ordered one extra but will wait to see if we need 3. Would need 3 if DH, DS and I play or if DS plays with 2 cousins. Will see what games if any we would need the 3rd controller for.

I'm waiting for the IRS to release the terms of the stimulus bill . all others are a interpretation and at best a educated guess . the info I have read or heard about the unemployment weekly benefit boost is in my opinion incorrect .

Last edited:

Yeah I’m too old for those games and DS is too young. For some reason, the Switch was not appealing to me. We have iPads and IPhones/iPods which are like handheld games to me. Wanted something bigger (my old eyes can’t see stuff on the phone version of any games ). Ended up ordering Xbox, waiting for email to pick it up. DS will lose his mind.

I've wondered about having gift cards for stores that may close as well. I didn't end up using my 10% off Staples offers because of that. We don't have any Disney trips in the near future, so I was getting restaurant cards with my $30 off $100, but just never pulled the trigger for the 10% off ones because I didn't want to be out the 90% in case the place I chose went out of business for some reason.
I’ve slowed waaaay down on gc as well. For Disney, I definitely don’t want more now as my year of trips is totally in limbo. For restaurants, I’m just not spending like I was- well... I lie. Lol. Starbucks is getting a bit more business from me than before. But most of my eating out as been cut back and in this time of uncertainty I don’t want gift cards sitting around. The what if is too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter