• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is known or not, but this morning I woke up to the following secure message from Chase about my Sapphire Reserve which is about to get hit with the increased annual fee this month.

We recognize this is a difficult time for everyone. As a way to help, we're providing you a one-time $100 statement credit toward the 2020 $550 annual fee on your Reserve credit card. On an upcoming billing statement (based on your renewal date), you'll see a $550 charge for the annual fee, followed by a $100 statement credit. We will continue to bill the $550 annual fee in 2021. Because this credit only applies to open Reserve accounts, if you've closed your Reserve account or traded to another credit card before your renewal, you will not receive the $100 statement credit. We know COVID-19 has affected people in many different ways. Please check chase.com/StayConnected for updates and helpful ways to stay connected to your accounts.

Was planning to keep the card open anyway, so this was a nice surprise! Hopefully it's not an April Fools joke!
Nice. I still had the old AF at $450, so I doubt they’ll give me any help. I really think I need to downgrade as I can’t foresee much travel this year. We still have a DLR trip planned in June but I seriously doubt that’s happening. Which means next time we can travel will be Spring Break 2021.

Question about CIP application timing. So the recommended spacing is 3 months. Is that 3 months to the date- for example January 27th and then apply April 27th? Or applied January 27th and then apply anytime in April? My last app was 1/27 and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and apply now in case things change, or do I need to wait until 4/27 and hope for the best?

Totally OT, but I’m thinking of getting a gaming system since we’re stuck in the house. DS plays games on his iPad but I’m looking for something that has 2 player games. DS loves Minecraft and any sports (NFL, NHL, soccer). Not interested in Call of Duty, Fortnite or anything similar. Do all systems play pretty much the same games? Major differences between say PS and Xbox? Other options? Is my regular TV good enough (it’s not big) or do you need something bigger and fancier? Also are there any games that incorporate physical activity? (I’m thinking like the old Wii)

Huh. I can't figure out how much rice to make, so I have been putting the leftovers in the refrigerator for years. Never had any issues. I do put all the food away as soon as dinner is over, though, so it's not sitting out for a long time. I grew up in a house where food was never wasted and I can't just throw something away unless it's really bad. Both my parents lived through WW2 where food was scarce or non-existant. My DM is dealing better with this current mess than I am.
I've never had an issue but mine is never left out more than an issue so that's probably why

Not sure if this is known or not, but this morning I woke up to the following secure message from Chase about my Sapphire Reserve which is about to get hit with the increased annual fee this month.

We recognize this is a difficult time for everyone. As a way to help, we're providing you a one-time $100 statement credit toward the 2020 $550 annual fee on your Reserve credit card. On an upcoming billing statement (based on your renewal date), you'll see a $550 charge for the annual fee, followed by a $100 statement credit. We will continue to bill the $550 annual fee in 2021. Because this credit only applies to open Reserve accounts, if you've closed your Reserve account or traded to another credit card before your renewal, you will not receive the $100 statement credit. We know COVID-19 has affected people in many different ways. Please check chase.com/StayConnected for updates and helpful ways to stay connected to your accounts.

Was planning to keep the card open anyway, so this was a nice surprise! Hopefully it's not an April Fools joke!
My DH got this too. I was planning on downgrading his CSR this year due to the increase. But I think I'm going to keep it. We can always use the travel credit for our DVC dues if we can't travel. I've used his 2020 DoorDash credits already. Decisions, decisions....

My DH got this too. I was planning on downgrading his CSR this year due to the increase. But I think I'm going to keep it. We can always use the travel credit for our DVC dues if we can't travel. I've used his 2020 DoorDash credits already. Decisions, decisions....
Now you'll get 2021 DoorDash credit also so $360 in credits makes it cheaper than a CSP...

Totally OT, but I’m thinking of getting a gaming system since we’re stuck in the house. DS plays games on his iPad but I’m looking for something that has 2 player games. DS loves Minecraft and any sports (NFL, NHL, soccer). Not interested in Call of Duty, Fortnite or anything similar. Do all systems play pretty much the same games? Major differences between say PS and Xbox? Other options? Is my regular TV good enough (it’s not big) or do you need something bigger and fancier? Also are there any games that incorporate physical activity? (I’m thinking like the old Wii)
We have an xbox one s. DS mainly plays NBA 2k20. He has Madden too. DD plays Minecraft on it. We do have a basic Samsung 4k tv DS uses but you really don't need anything big or fancy. I'm not much help on Xbox vs PS although I think all of DS's friends have Xboxes (he's a freshman in high school). I miss the Wii days although I was so bad at Mario Kart.

We have an xbox one s. DS mainly plays NBA 2k20. He has Madden too. DD plays Minecraft on it. We do have a basic Samsung 4k tv DS uses but you really don't need anything big or fancy. I'm not much help on Xbox vs PS although I think all of DS's friends have Xboxes (he's a freshman in high school). I miss the Wii days although I was so bad at Mario Kart.

We have a PS4 but I'm really not sure what DS plays. He's on it quite a bit with his friends though. They all have the headsets to talk through and sometimes they even talk through them when they are not playing the games. I find it interesting, but I guess it's better than holding a phone the entire time you're talking lol!

We still have our old WII and I was thinking of having DS hook it up on another TV. We always enjoyed playing it as a family, so now the he and DD1 are home all the time, they might get some use out of it and we might all sit down to it in the evening some as well. I need to talk to him about that today.

We have a nintendo switch. It does have active games that remind me of the Wii. What we like about it is that you can use it as a console with your tv, or you can use it handheld. It's handy that way when DS is playing a game and we want to use the TV, then he can just use it in handheld mode and keep playing. That's the regular nintendo switch. There is also a nintendo switch lite which is handheld only.

We have a PS4 but I'm really not sure what DS plays. He's on it quite a bit with his friends though. They all have the headsets to talk through and sometimes they even talk through them when they are not playing the games. I find it interesting, but I guess it's better than holding a phone the entire time you're talking lol!

We still have our old WII and I was thinking of having DS hook it up on another TV. We always enjoyed playing it as a family, so now the he and DD1 are home all the time, they might get some use out of it and we might all sit down to it in the evening some as well. I need to talk to him about that today.
Yes, we have a wireless headset for the xbox. Seems like required equipment:)

DS has an Xbox One. Plenty of games are available, including Minecraft. Games can be purchased directly through Xbox, and downloaded. The TV ours is hooked up to is approximately 10 years old and works fine.

I get why it wouldn't stick around for a year but I hope they realize what they've done and do it for everyone. My higher af won't hit until next feb I think but they're setting precedent with this. This would make it easier to decide to keep the card.

DS has an Xbox One. Plenty of games are available, including Minecraft. Games can be purchased directly through Xbox, and downloaded. The TV ours is hooked up to is approximately 10 years old and works fine.
I can’t believe I’m even considering it. I will for sure need to put limits on it, like weekends only when school is in session. Otherwise DS would play 24/7. But seriously months more of shelter in place likely and I’m bored already. Reading and going outside only goes so far. Looking for stuff we can play together.

I can’t believe I’m even considering it. I will for sure need to put limits on it, like weekends only when school is in session. Otherwise DS would play 24/7. But seriously months more of shelter in place likely and I’m bored already. Reading and going outside only goes so far. Looking for stuff we can play together.
Make sure your TV has a USB port. We have one TV that is about 16yo...was cutting edge at the time...and when my boys got a PS4 several years ago, they couldn't use it on that TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter