I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I stated earlier DH is an engineer and we will just say he makes puzzles no fun. lol OMG he is obsessive about how the pieces get sorted and how we are only allowed to work on one of his sorts at a time. I am an engineer also, but our brains do not work the same way! lol But looking at the pic is definitely part of the strategy for us. We had a Wicked puzzle once where probably half the pieces were solid black. That was NO fun. We ended up putting that thing back in the box before it was finished.
Yeah...this new puzzle thing has really highlighted how differently DH and I think too...... he's so random!!! I'm more practical :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Looking at this "cancellation so here's free dining" promo and I think I'm going to have to google more. Ugh. Everything I'm reading is from travel agencies, and I'm a DIY'er for this stuff after using a TA one time became a gigantic hassle. Apparently if you're eligible you get/got an email??? And on some of them I'm reading that it's ONLY if disney is closed for your dates, and others say that it's ALL packages through 5/31. But NONE of them tell you how to rebook to get the promo.

Ahhhh. Looks like you have to phone it in to get this. Of course.

If baby will cooperate (also known as napping around here) I'm going to get some seeds started in our greenhouse today. Salad stuff and green beans probably.

I don't know either. And I also don't know why we are expected to have as many deaths as Michigan which is a hot mess:(

As @pillow pointed out a few days ago when I was shocked our stay at home order lasted until 6/10, it's likely because our peak is soooooo far away.

I looked back at the data after you mentioned that deaths were the same. It does appear that the VA curve is flatter. Michigan spikes and drops off quickly.

Same with DH’s company, but his pay cut is 5% (It varies depending on level). He also works in IT as a consultant.
This is so industry specific. My DS24 just told us that they are giving all the employees(except supervisors and management) raises and attendance bonuses. They are in pharmaceutical manufacturing!
My DS is upset because he is a supervisor. Working his tail off. Hopefully they reward him too.

Looking at this "cancellation so here's free dining" promo and I think I'm going to have to google more. Ugh. Everything I'm reading is from travel agencies, and I'm a DIY'er for this stuff after using a TA one time became a gigantic hassle. Apparently if you're eligible you get/got an email??? And on some of them I'm reading that it's ONLY if disney is closed for your dates, and others say that it's ALL packages through 5/31. But NONE of them tell you how to rebook to get the promo.

Ahhhh. Looks like you have to phone it in to get this. Of course.

If baby will cooperate (also known as napping around here) I'm going to get some seeds started in our greenhouse today. Salad stuff and green beans probably.
Disney has it up on the site now so you can read yourself - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/dining-resort-stay-offer/

But you have to call to book it. I'm eligible but never got an email so that's not definitive.

I don't know how to multi quote so I'll just ask....DH and I are working on a 750 piece puzzle,it's been weeks but I'm not a big puzzle person...what's the puzzle rules? Are we supposed to use the pic on the box to put it together? Or just piece it together by the shapes?
I never thought of puzzles having rules. I would use the picture and the shapes.

One thing we got hooked on a long time ago was 3D puzzles, sort of like legos when you think but it was puzzle pieces. We did two houses and then tried to do St Paul's Cathedral. The large dome and turrets! Never did finish. Thinking of trying to find where we stored it and pull it back out and see if we can now finish.

I think I just enjoyed Yesterday because it was centered around the Beatles music.
Oooo. I want to see Yesterday. Though now with the library closed not sure where I can find it for free. Is it on any of the streaming services?

We have about 20 1000 piece puzzles from White Mountain Puzzles that I bought 10-15 years ago. I really like these a lot. They have puzzles of state birds, National Parks, birds of the backyard, Presidents... DS19 and I are currently working on “The Music Room”, a puzzle with dozens of musical instruments pictured. Last week we did a puzzle of a Terry Redlin painting, which is a little more difficult than some of the other ones we have.

I never thought of puzzles having rules. I would use the picture and the shapes.

One thing we got hooked on a long time ago was 3D puzzles, sort of like legos when you think but it was puzzle pieces. We did two houses and then tried to do St Paul's Cathedral. The large dome and turrets! Never did finish. Thinking of trying to find where we stored it and pull it back out and see if we can now finish.

Oooo. I want to see Yesterday. Though now with the library closed not sure where I can find it for free. Is it on any of the streaming services?

We had a free preview I recorded from. But I have an app - just watch, that will tell you were you can find the movie for streaming or online rental.

The only romance I ever liked in a “sports” movie was Talladega Nights...

Agree though I'd def put the sports in quotes for that one 😂 I think I'd consider Major League more of a sports movie though they are both in the same "sports" genre.

Agree though I'd def put the sports in quotes for that one 😂 I think I'd consider Major League more of a sports movie though they are both in the same "sports" genre.

Love them both! I have a soft spot for Talladega though, although I am not into NASCAR I am a Formula 1 fan and when the movie came out I was still working in financial aid for WyoTech. That was back when WT was the official technical school of the NHRA (drag racing) and one of the perks our students got was free admission to race weekends and access to the pit areas. I worked the big WT booth one Saturday when there was a race in Phoenix, it was very cool. We quoted that movie nonstop at work! (I still do lol)

Let's see, where do I jump in.
Just got back from Target, by golly I got TP and hand sanitizer! I wanted to get one for my son too, but now the limit is one. I am not out of either yet, but I got one of each, since who knows how long all this will actually last.
I also saw more people than before wearing masks, but not at all the majority. 20% maybe? If that.
Legos, don't save up because you are having a boy, save up because you are having a kid. My dd loved barbies, but she loved Lego's too. Several year back, I got ds the Black Pearl Lego set for Christmas. After it sat in his bedroom for a year, still in the box, she had a snowday her senior year. A too cold to go to school day actually, one of several. So she went up to his room, took the box and assembled the whole thing by herself in her pajamas LOL. When he moved into his own place a couple of years ago, he took it with him and displays in on a shelf, but she put it together LOL. She also claimed my Friends set as hers to assemble, but yeah, guess what? That one IS still in the box LOL.
Romance in sports movies, hello, Bull Durham?!?! For the record, I don't like sports at all, but I do like a lot of sports movies for some reason.

Oh, and on the movie topic, dd and I watched The Lighthouse last night...oh my. That may be one of the weirdest movies (not THE weirdest) I have ever seen.

We had a free preview I recorded from. But I have an app - just watch, that will tell you were you can find the movie for streaming or online rental.

Thanks for mentioning that app. I'd never heard of it and when we're looking for things to watch I feel like I'm going back and forth trying to find which service has which show/movie. I'm excited to try it!

I'm partial to Hyatt, but Marriott has such a huge footprint. You get great value when transferring UR's to Hyatt so that's always an option if you want to stay at a Hyatt. However, the value is crummy when transferring UR's to Marriott, so I like to have a separate stash of Marriott points at my disposal. Are you able to do business cards?

That’s the crux of my dilemma too. I hear there is great value in points transfer to Hyatt but not as many locations to choose from. Bonvoy is making my head spin though, especially with all the different cards they have now.

Unfortunately business cards are not an option for me.

well...I currently have more UR points in my account than I'd ever thought possible with my lackadasical skills..... and I'm not even thrilled right now. I look at that number and feel sad. I don't know if I'm a weirdo,or others are like me when looking at their accounts....It's going to be even larger once I finish all my cancellations. I know I could cash them out if I needed it asap,and that part is nice, but I don't want to do that. They represented so much more than cash to me. I'm hoping they will again soon,too. Ok I'll quit whining. I will now consciously turn my focus to being grateful for the many good things I have right now.
We’re in the same boat. More URs than I feel comfortable sitting with right now and I have two MSRs that will add to that. It was gonna all go towards japan flights in June but doubt that will happen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter