I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out stay at home order was extended through the end of the month. DH is going to call the bank about our mortgage today and see if we can get a couple months off since he’s not working and can’t apply for UE until they get this whole cares act thing figured out. He got his stitches taken out of his finger this morning, and did our grocery shopping. I’m sure the basement purge will be starting next week. It’s a much needed chore, but it’s so overwhelming mentally because there’s so much that needs sorted through.

Out stay at home order was extended through the end of the month. DH is going to call the bank about our mortgage today and see if we can get a couple months off since he’s not working and can’t apply for UE until they get this whole cares act thing figured out. He got his stitches taken out of his finger this morning, and did our grocery shopping. I’m sure the basement purge will be starting next week. It’s a much needed chore, but it’s so overwhelming mentally because there’s so much that needs sorted through.
I desperately need to purge my basement. DH promised that this Sunday we will get a good start on it...of course, he's been promising that for several years!

I desperately need to purge my basement. DH promised that this Sunday we will get a good start on it...of course, he's been promising that for several years!

Yep - right there with ya. Working on garage right now - but basement is next up. I swear we have boxes down there that we haven't touched since we moved in 12 years ago. :eek:

Last edited:
Still planning to cruise over New Years. Will not be happy if I have to cancel another cruise this year.......hoping for a miracle so everyone can travel worry free soon.

We have a cruise for Mid December also - right when kids are home from College. Already had to cancel Alaskan Cruise and Vegas/Disneyland Trip so really hoping things are much better by then.

We have a cruise for Mid December also - right when kids are home from College. Already had to cancel Alaskan Cruise and Vegas/Disneyland Trip so really hoping things are much better by then.

I seem to remember you posting you were sailing on Oasis in December - so I really hope you get to go - as that should mean we will be good to board Oasis a couple weeks later. :thumbsup2

Is anyone still planning fall/winter trips?
Still have our Washington DC trip booked for October.

I just booked Yavapai Lodge (Grand Canyon) for Christmas week, I was only able to get until the 24th on the Chase Travel Portal, but I have Bright Angel Lodge booked until the 25th. Still holding out for some Phantom Ranch cancellations that week.

We still have the Aulani/Disneyland trip in July, Ireland/Northern Ireland in September, many F&W weekends throughout October/November and Dubai/Africa in December on the books. I am resigned to the strong possibility that none of them will pan out. That said, I won't be cancelling anything until the last possible moment. I'd rather wait for the airline to cancel and get a refund with no penalties.

Is anyone still planning fall/winter trips?
Still have our Washington DC trip booked for October.

I just booked Yavapai Lodge (Grand Canyon) for Christmas week, I was only able to get until the 24th on the Chase Travel Portal, but I have Bright Angel Lodge booked until the 25th. Still holding out for some Phantom Ranch cancellations that week.
Still holding out hope for July, but that is still dicey.
REALLY REALLY holding out hope for September at Aulani. That is our once a lifetime 30th anniversary trip. That one will really make me upset if it doesn't happen.
Nothing after that yet.

I wish I had time to purge a room. I had 31 hours on my timecard last night, since Sunday. No free time for me :-(

REALLY REALLY holding out hope for September at Aulani. That is our once a lifetime 30th anniversary trip. That one will really make me upset if it doesn't happen.
Nothing after that yet.

I wish I had time to purge a room. I had 31 hours on my timecard last night, since Sunday. No free time for me :-(
Just curious--how much is refinancing vs. purchases?

We still have the Aulani/Disneyland trip in July, Ireland/Northern Ireland in September, many F&W weekends throughout October/November and Dubai/Africa in December on the books. I am resigned to the strong possibility that none of them will pan out. That said, I won't be cancelling anything until the last possible moment. I'd rather wait for the airline to cancel and get a refund with no penalties.
We still have our late June/July trip to Utah planned. I'm not cancelling that until the week before.

Nothing after that yet.

I've totally been stalking Aulani DVC resale contract. Looking at 50PT contracts

I cancelled my DH's United award flight home from my birthday trip that isn't being taken this July and not only was it clearly stated no charge BUT I'll receive a refund for taxes in up to 3 weeks. My beloved Delta and Flying Blue are definitely lagging behind now-never thought I'd say that! One down, six flights to go but I have nothing but time to wait for them to be cancelled by the airlines if that's how they want to play it.

Still waiting on my replacement CIP since the one I received 2 weeks ago didn't have a CVV or expiration date😲 so obviously couldn't use it. I'm learning patience if nothing else this spring.

Yep - right there with ya. Working on garage right now - but basement is next up. I swear we have boxes down there that we haven't touched since we moved in 12 years ago. :eek:

Love it! Three years after I moved in here, I had a yard sale. At some point during the sale, people were all over my carport and lawn, digging through boxes I had not unpacked. But, I was not worried at all and just went with it, appreciating the help. Every so often I saw something that I'd been missing and grabbed it back into my kitchen, like a pot lid or whatever. No expensive treasures in those boxes, just a bunch of household stuff.

Wish I could let some pickers loose in my basement, where all the 'stuff' has now collected.

Yes my rate tripled when I added a new car and a 16-year old driver. I have shopped around and this rate is competitive. My point was Geico wasn’t being super generous about reducing the premium due to dramatically reduced usage.
I received an email from GEICO overnight; perhaps you did as well. It said they will grant a 15% premium credit upon renewals between April 8 and October 7 this year. It's not completely clear, but I think when your policy renews you will be charged normally, but your account will have a 15% credit of whatever you paid under your current policy period. Of course,, this means you have to renew to get the credit. Not the best approach but better than a kick in the pants. Also, they describe it not as an acknowledgment that driving, accidents, and damages are down but just giving back. There was also stuff in the email about pausing cancellations for non-renewal.

Last edited:
Second warning and final chance to stop the COVID-19 and political comments. There are plenty of other threads on the DIS for coronavirus discussion and plenty of other sites on the internet for political discussion.

This thread is still NOT for those purposes and it will be closed if it continues here.

My match bonus posted to my Southwest Credit Card account (and then transferred to my Rapid Rewards account). I had applied for the SW personal card when it was at 40,000 (I believe) points. The day after I applied they came out with the higher bonus. I sent them a SM and they said to notify them when I had reached the higher spend requirement and they would match it. This month, I met the spend, but I didn't have to remind them to match - the points were already in my account.

Ooooh. Thanks for posting this. Same with DH. He messaged them earlier this week saying he had met his spend and got an auto reply saying they were swamped and would respond when they could. Wonder if his points will just show up? I’ll tell him to look. THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter