I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had another AmEx offer while I was checking out on Amazon - 30% off when you use at least one point to pay for sold by Amazon. I have the Amex offer for 5x add'l points on amazon so I used that to pay - not sure if it will work with 1pt and pay with another credit card or gift card. This is a different offer than the one a couple of weeks ago as I maxed that one.

I don’t think it’s colic because he really doesn’t scream that much. He just can’t sleep on his back because of the gas. I think he’s getting gas from my breast milk but I don’t know that for sure
Our 3rd was really fussy/gassy too and I cut dairy out 100% when he was around 4 weeks old and the difference in behavior within 3 days was amazing. He outgrew his sensitivity by around 1 and has no allergies. Baby girl was also sensitive to dairy for around the first 6 months (I started off dairy-free as soon as we came home from the hospital) and is fine with it now. My understanding is that it’s pretty common (or at least more common than people think) but is one of those things that isn’t thought of early.

mine too, but it was severe food allergies (to everything,it seemed) which is when we discovered co sleeping and how it saved my sanity. (not advising anyone here, just speaking honestly)
We co-sleep too. Complete sanity saver for me, but I can also understand why some people are uncomfortable with it.

Our 3rd was really fussy/gassy too and I cut dairy out 100% when he was around 4 weeks old and the difference in behavior within 3 days was amazing. He outgrew his sensitivity by around 1 and has no allergies. Baby girl was also sensitive to dairy for around the first 6 months (I started off dairy-free as soon as we came home from the hospital) and is fine with it now. My understanding is that it’s pretty common (or at least more common than people think) but is one of those things that isn’t thought of early.
Haley, you don't know me from Adam but this was my experience as well with my daughter. She was a totally different baby within a few days of my cutting out dairy.

Haley, you don't know me from Adam but this was my experience as well with my daughter. She was a totally different baby within a few days of my cutting out dairy.
I had one who was super sensitive to dairy as well. Only took a few days of no dairy to see his eczema clearing and fussiness getting better. He actually finally outgrew the dairy sensitivity just last year when he turned 10yo. Now he eats Mickey Bars!!

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but doctor of credit says chase referral links now expire after six months.
And this is how we found out ods was sensitive to soy! He had mucosy poop (sorry, lol), so I cut out dairy and started using soy products and it got worse. Cut out soy and went back to dairy and the problem went away. They're tricky little buggers.

I wanted to mention on the sleeping a lot today thing, I think @Haley R , you said that he was eating a lot recently? The pattern for growth spurts is often eating a lot for several days and then sleeping a lot.

And this is how we found out ods was sensitive to soy! He had mucosy poop (sorry, lol), so I cut out dairy and started using soy products and it got worse. Cut out soy and went back to dairy and the problem went away. They're tricky little buggers.

I wanted to mention on the sleeping a lot today thing, I think @Haley R , you said that he was eating a lot recently? The pattern for growth spurts is often eating a lot for several days and then sleeping a lot.
I think you meant to quote someone else:)

My dairy sensitive baby was also sensitive to soy. And basically every other food on the planet. He had to go on an elemental formula only til he was 3yo. No foods at all. Tricky little buggers is right!

No GE interviews through 7/6 but time to complete application is now 18 months. Trying to take care of this for me and DS. For DS I may just get him TSA precheck on my SW Performance Biz.

I had appointments at Dulles for mid-June. Figured I could take DS to the Air and Space Museum.

Nice! I had given up on it because all of them would have forced us to take the day off and drive up there, which I didn't want to do on limited PTO. Now I'm wondering how I'll use all my PTO up before the end of the year :sad2:

No GE interviews through 7/6 but time to complete application is now 18 months. Trying to take care of this for me and DS. For DS I may just get him TSA precheck on my SW Performance Biz.
ugh... DH needs to renew his passport, apply for GE and both DDs' need to have their interview.

Nice! I had given up on it because all of them would have forced us to take the day off and drive up there, which I didn't want to do on limited PTO. Now I'm wondering how I'll use all my PTO up before the end of the year :sad2:
Yes--I carried over two weeks and earn four weeks and have no current plans to go anywhere. And sitting around the house isn't as appealing as it used to be:)

Hi everyone!

I've been a member for a long time but go years at a time without posting. First set of kids grew up and out of trips, but now with a 5yo-getting back into it (yea!). So I'm looking for some credit card advice , to help out with a May 2021 trip! I looked at the format in the sticky, so I'm using that to ask.

08/19 BOA MC Amtrak rewards
I also have a Visa from a credit union I've had for many years.

I don't carry any balance on either. I can put a spend of $1000 monthly on it, perhaps more. I'm not interested in airline points-I live just under 2 hrs from Disney so I just drive. Also not into hotel points, I like Pop Century.

So, my goal is to make some points or $ to put towards the trip. I know it won't be much, but any amounts helps! I am open to closing the old card, and even the BOA one-I got that one to earn points for train travel but with current events, I'm only traveling by my own car, so I don't need that. I have about enough points on that one to cover a $100 Disney gift card.

My first thought was, get a Chase Disney card, but I wanted to ask here to see if there are better options! Thanks for any advice!

Hi everyone!

I've been a member for a long time but go years at a time without posting. First set of kids grew up and out of trips, but now with a 5yo-getting back into it (yea!). So I'm looking for some credit card advice , to help out with a May 2021 trip! I looked at the format in the sticky, so I'm using that to ask.

08/19 BOA MC Amtrak rewards
I also have a Visa from a credit union I've had for many years.

I don't carry any balance on either. I can put a spend of $1000 monthly on it, perhaps more. I'm not interested in airline points-I live just under 2 hrs from Disney so I just drive. Also not into hotel points, I like Pop Century.

So, my goal is to make some points or $ to put towards the trip. I know it won't be much, but any amounts helps! I am open to closing the old card, and even the BOA one-I got that one to earn points for train travel but with current events, I'm only traveling by my own car, so I don't need that. I have about enough points on that one to cover a $100 Disney gift card.

My first thought was, get a Chase Disney card, but I wanted to ask here to see if there are better options! Thanks for any advice!

I know others will chime in with good advice. Looks like you are good to get most cards. Most of us would try and get you a Chase Business Card but Chase has clamped down on getting them right now. For your situation I would start with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. You get 60,000 UR Points after you spend $4000 in 3 months. You can cash out that and it would be worth $600. If you are in 2 player mode - then after you meet the MSR on that card - refer your Player 2 . You will get a 15,000 point referral and then player 2 will get 60,000 points. When all is said and done you could cash out about $1400 between just these 2 cards. There is a $95 annual fee on this card but the bonus more than makes up for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter