I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been a rough day at our house today 😕. Elliott threw up twice in a row after being bottle fed breastmilk. He’s never thrown up before and it was A LOT of vomit. Dh was holding him upright when it happened. Then he spit up a bunch about two hours later. This was the first time he’s ever spit up too. He doesn’t have a fever or anything and he’s sleeping fine now. There hasn’t been excessive crying either. He seems pretty happy most of the time. The pediatrician said it’s normal but it’s hard to watch a one month old baby vomit and spit up so much on top of the gas he’s already dealing with

Do you think he may have eaten more from the bottle vs when you breastfeed? Maybe just too much for his tiny tummy. My kids vomited all the time. It’s so hard when you’re in the middle of it and worry about them. Hang in there!

Do you think he may have eaten more from the bottle vs when you breastfeed? Maybe just too much for his tiny tummy. My kids vomited all the time. It’s so hard when you’re in the middle of it and worry about them. Hang in there!
He actually was eating more a few days ago and has slowed way down the last couple of days. He was eating 3-4 ounces before and wanting more after but we didn’t want to give him too much. This time he only had 2.5 oz when he threw up. Now we’re only giving him an ounce every hour to try and spread it out more

He actually was eating more a few days ago and has slowed way down the last couple of days. He was eating 3-4 ounces before and wanting more after but we didn’t want to give him too much. This time he only had 2.5 oz when he threw up. Now we’re only giving him an ounce every hour to try and spread it out more
With the grunting and crying 10 minutes after latching it sounds like reflux. The spitting is less of a concern- my oldest basically projectile vomited after early feeding for 6 months- bottles were way worse because he got more air and the flow was faster. We used to burp him after every ounce. But he was a happy spitter- no crying, etc.

But i would call your pediatrician- my friends baby had reflux and a small dose of Zantac made all difference in the world. Does he arch his back when he’s crying? That’s another sign of reflux.

With the grunting and crying 10 minutes after latching it sounds like reflux. The spitting is less of a concern- my oldest basically projectile vomited after early feeding for 6 months- bottles were way worse because he got more air and the flow was faster. We used to burp him after every ounce. But he was a happy spitter- no crying, etc.

But i would call your pediatrician- my friends baby had reflux and a small dose of Zantac made all difference in the world. Does he arch his back when he’s crying? That’s another sign of reflux.

Zantac was removed from the market, so anyone needing something for acid reflux shouldn't be taking Zantac.

Anyone want to give me some free advice? I received an email from a church deacon checking in on me since she knows I’m a single parent. She asked for my address to send a financial gift from the church. I’m sure it’s modest but I’m feeling like there are others far more needy. Just not sure how to respond politely.

Anyone want to give me some free advice? I received an email from a church deacon checking in on me since she knows I’m a single parent. She asked for my address to send a financial gift from the church. I’m sure it’s modest but I’m feeling like there are others far more needy. Just not sure how to respond politely.
Thanks for the kind gesture. Please send to someone else who needs it.

Just say - Thank you for thinking of us! I appreciate the gesture but as our circumstances are still ok, I would love it if you could give the gift to someone else in need. We look forward to attending church activities once we're all able.

I added the last line since I figured if they know you that well and have your email that's reasonable :)

I was thinking the same thing. My DD (now 16) had reflux. My mom would come over to visit and laugh because I had receiving blankets anywhere the baby would sit in case she vomited. Her formula was changed by her doctor many times. The only one that she tolerated was Alimentum. It was very expensive. After we had been using it for a while, we found out it was covered by insurance if medically necessary. The doctor also had us put cereal in her formula when she was about 6 months. I guess it helped to keep things down. It also helped her to sleep better.

We have an appointment on Wednesday so we’ll see what the pediatrician says. Last time she kind of brushed off the issues we described. This time I’m not gonna leave without a better solution. She’s a great doctor and very nice but she keeps saying everything is normal. I feel like there’s something we can do besides holding him all day. The swing sometimes helps him but he isn’t supposed to sleep in that

On a more positive note, he’s one month old today! We had a picnic outside yesterday on our new disney picnic blanket. Today, we made a craft with our handprints and put his prints in his baby book. We’re trying to just enjoy our time even with all of the issues. He’s been sleeping a ton today. I think the throwing up took a lot out of him. We’ve been waking him every hour and giving him small amounts of breast milk each time.

Attachments

• DA2D39F3-BE06-42F7-88BD-990D4CCC52F5.jpeg
    DA2D39F3-BE06-42F7-88BD-990D4CCC52F5.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 71
I had our Asia trip for next year mapped out, start in Tokyo, then TDL, a night on Okinawa, then Hong Kong, Shanghai and finish in Beijing.

Now I'm starting to think that since the first week will be heavy walking, hence the stop in Okinawa to relax plus I just want to go there, that it might make more sense to go the opposite. I'd thought going to Japan first would be better, slightly less change in hour vs China and not quite as much of a culture shock. But maybe TDL should be our last of the 6 parks instead of number 4 and maybe the more walking should be at the back half. Plus it'd be easier to deal with connecting in Tokyo to Beijing on the way there than after 2 weeks of travel. And it'd be slightly less change in time to come back from Japan than China.

Any thoughts?

@Haley R - your DS sounds a lot like our DD was at that age. Someone recommended Gerber probiotic drops and they really seemed to help her. It was 3 years ago so I dont know if ingredients have changed or anything. I do remember asking her pediatrician if was ok to use them and she kind of brushed it like there was no way they did anything but she wasn’t they one who hadn’t slept in a month.

The amex plat has price protection right? The kindle I bought on the 12th for 89 is now on sale for 59. This is something I can submit somehow right? Both through amazon. I've never used it on any of my cards that offered it.

ETA Nevermind, it doesn't have it. I thought I'd read that it did. Oh well...

Last edited:
I had our Asia trip for next year mapped out, start in Tokyo, then TDL, a night on Okinawa, then Hong Kong, Shanghai and finish in Beijing.

Now I'm starting to think that since the first week will be heavy walking, hence the stop in Okinawa to relax plus I just want to go there, that it might make more sense to go the opposite. I'd thought going to Japan first would be better, slightly less change in hour vs China and not quite as much of a culture shock. But maybe TDL should be our last of the 6 parks instead of number 4 and maybe the more walking should be at the back half. Plus it'd be easier to deal with connecting in Tokyo to Beijing on the way there than after 2 weeks of travel. And it'd be slightly less change in time to come back from Japan than China.

Any thoughts?
How long total will you be gone? Are you planning on seeing all the main attractions in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong and Tokyo in addition to the parks?

There is so much history in Beijing I'd allow at least 5 nights there; Shanghai is amazing and the food is wonderful, but you could maybe get away with 3 days + 1 or 2 days for the park. What about Xi'an? Hong Kong I'd allow at a minimum 2 days + 1 day for the park. Japan there is so much to do that you could do 2 weeks there alone + 3 days for the parks. Walking-wise it would be even for me as I like to leave the hotel room in the morning, come back before dinner to change and not come back again until bedtime. I remember in Disney Sea there was a day when we walked 25,000 steps (a lot of back and forth across the park for FPs). Shanghai Disney we had a VIP guide so we were able to make our way across the park in 1 direction, with a few quick double backs for 2 additional trips on Tron. The day we were in Hong Kong Disney it wasn't busy at all (it was humid and raining), so it was easy to cover the park in 1 day. Now if Disney would just open a park in Australia we would have a reason to go back :).

I am from a big city, but the sheer size of Tokyo was shocking to me. You really need a few days just to see the sites of Tokyo using public transit (which is extremely efficient). I'm no help at all. I would need at least 2 weeks just in Japan. Hopefully some others can offer better advice.

How long total will you be gone? Are you planning on seeing all the main attractions in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong and Tokyo in addition to the parks?

There is so much history in Beijing I'd allow at least 5 nights there; Shanghai is amazing and the food is wonderful, but you could maybe get away with 3 days + 1 or 2 days for the park. What about Xi'an? Hong Kong I'd allow at a minimum 2 days + 1 day for the park. Japan there is so much to do that you could do 2 weeks there alone + 3 days for the parks. Walking-wise it would be even for me as I like to leave the hotel room in the morning, come back before dinner to change and not come back again until bedtime. I remember in Disney Sea there was a day when we walked 25,000 steps (a lot of back and forth across the park for FPs). Shanghai Disney we had a VIP guide so we were able to make our way across the park in 1 direction, with a few quick double backs for 2 additional trips on Tron. The day we were in Hong Kong Disney it wasn't busy at all (it was humid and raining), so it was easy to cover the park in 1 day. Now if Disney would just open a park in Australia we would have a reason to go back :).

I am from a big city, but the sheer size of Tokyo was shocking to me. You really need a few days just to see the sites of Tokyo using public transit (which is extremely efficient). I'm no help at all. I would need at least 2 weeks just in Japan. Hopefully some others can offer better advice.

It'll be about 2 weeks total, the nights for each are already figured out, it's just the order I'm working on. Like I said, we're just doing those couple of things in Beijing, it's a complete add on simply because we're already there so took a day away from somewhere else.

I also imagine we'll spend more time in the parks in shanghai and hong kong than we do outside of it as that's our main reason for going. There's definitely things we want to see and will do a day to a day and a half outside the parks in each. Tokyo is a wee split between the parks and the city.

We had planned just a week for Japan but when we realized how close everything is it made sense to add another week. And honestly if I was going to add more time to the trip it would be another night in Okinawa or time to go to hakone or other parts of northern japan.

We've got plenty of things to see and the number of days at each worked out, just trying to figure out which way it makes sense to do. They all have public transit but I also know with the parks we'll be walking much more at TDL than the other parks.

For comparison we spent 4 nights at DLP and 3 nights in Paris, though that was partly due to the deal we got but we also spent more time in the parks there than most people do.

We have an appointment on Wednesday so we’ll see what the pediatrician says. Last time she kind of brushed off the issues we described. This time I’m not gonna leave without a better solution. She’s a great doctor and very nice but she keeps saying everything is normal. I feel like there’s something we can do besides holding him all day. The swing sometimes helps him but he isn’t supposed to sleep in that
My youngest DS had reflux as a baby. Our pediatrician at the time brushed off the issue initially. It wasn't until he began losing weight instead of gaining it that she began to take it more seriously. Medication for a short period of time helped his symptoms. Trust your gut. Moms know when something is not right with their kids. Good luck.

We are getting ready to make around a $500 purchase at Home Depot. Any tricks to getting deals there? The only thing I can think of is using pay with ibotta to get 2% cash back for buying a gift card to use through them. We are also ordering online, so will go through a portal if available. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter