• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping in to update on my chase BJs rebate sage where BJs split the charge so the $25 rebate didn't post on 2 of my cards. It took a bit but I was successful.

Here is the message after they researched:
...the offer was to earn $25.00 statement credit for making a charge with BJ's Wholesale in the amount of $150.00 or more. The offer was valid for only one charge from the given merchant. I am pleased to inform you that I have added 2,500 points on both your cards which is equivalent to $25.00. You can check this adjustment online at chase.com or on your next billing statements.

2,500 points ≠ $25.00. It's BETTER!

Pofq is small no more than a 5-7 min walk to quick service from the room. We have had garden view most of the time. Bus stop is one stop and was never full for us. Leaving the parks it always had a short line. Really depends on your timing for the buses. We haven’t stayed there since we started dvc though in 2015. If we had to do a stay outside dvc we would do pofq again.

Yeah kinda what I was thinking POR just looked a bit spread out. Caribbean Beach was also about the same price but still liked the smallness of POFQ over a spread out resort.

I think you did well to switch. Pop is pushing guests onto the Skyliner and running only one bus per hour to HS & Epcot, which is going to be a disaster if you want to take your family on RotR.

DW does NOT want to do the Skyliner, then I told her about the bus reduction and she grumbled and said she would think of it. So that really is not a selling point for us, having access to the Skyliner. Tho we will be at AOA for three days but we'll leave POFQ for HS then the next day is a AK day so would just need to worry about the ride home from HS.

When did you open the card and pay the first $85?

Mine went something like opened card 12/25/17 - upgraded 12/18 got 2018's 35k free night and refunded $95 (yes -didn't quite get that but took it, billed 6/2019 for $95. Got 2019's free night 12/25/2019. Expecting bill 6/2020.

Edit: oh and forgot I got 50K points for taking the upgrade. Love Chase and my points!

The card was opened in May 2017, we did an offer that did not waive first AF so it was 6/1/17 and first cert was 6 2018.

DW does NOT want to do the Skyliner, then I told her about the bus reduction and she grumbled and said she would think of it. So that really is not a selling point for us, having access to the Skyliner. Tho we will be at AOA for three days but we'll leave POFQ for HS then the next day is a AK day so would just need to worry about the ride home from HS.
If you only have to worry about one way from DHS is Uber/Lyft an option for you? (Minnie Vans at park closings are hard to get hold of if you don’t plan ahead but probably possible if you plan right.)

Well just thought of another hopefully small issue. We were staying at POP then moving to AOA and I was just going to walk the bags over to AOA that morning and leave them at bell services. Now that we've moved to POFQ do I just drop them at their bell services? We (Who am I kidding *I*) want to get to HS early to get a good BG for RotR if FP's are not offered by June so I don't want to spend the morning messing around with bags.

Well just thought of another hopefully small issue. We were staying at POP then moving to AOA and I was just going to walk the bags over to AOA that morning and leave them at bell services. Now that we've moved to POFQ do I just drop them at their bell services? We (Who am I kidding *I*) want to get to HS early to get a good BG for RotR if FP's are not offered by June so I don't want to spend the morning messing around with bags.
Yes, when we do a split stay we have bell services move our bags. Unless you have a car its the easiest way to move you bags.

Yes--it was so useful. We got to Bubba Gump on 12/31 around 7PM and the wait was probably a few hours. Got seated right away. Used my $25 reward that night. Then went back the next night and used my birthday reward (my birthday is in November but I said it was in December when I signed up). Seated immediately again. The card is worth its weight in gold:) The second night when my gift card wouldn't work I ended up using CSR. It was only $35 for dinner before tip so not a huge deal.
Sometimes there are double points promos as well. I've been able to get to an extra $25 off when we've had a party of 5 or 6 at McC &S's. I love that card - I've had it for many years. Also have the Levy's card but now it's only good for Terralina. Used to use it at Fulton's and Portabello.

I only recall Kroger and Giant Eagle :( Haven't come across any myself.

Haven't looked at the value in a while but Amex used to have uni tickets under GCs section of the MR portal. Not GCs but alternative to spending UR or cash on tickets if still there.
I shall check both the MR and UR portals this morning!
Also Randall's (at least in my area). Most of the savings come from cash-back at grocery credit cards and fuel perks, so harder to find real bargains than for DGCs, imho.

Moreover, (and this is more directed to LuckyMamaInDE and CyndiLouWho) I have found using Universal GCs to be much MUCH more of a pain than Disney GCs. I've used them to pay off rooms and room charges at RPR, PBH, and HRH, and each time, there was a problem with one of the cards that took a while to sort out. I've also used them for food and merchandise in the parks, and frequently encountered CMs who don't know how to use them properly. YMMV of course, and I do keep using them, but be aware of the potential headaches for the ~10%-ish savings.
Good to know, thanks.
I just got back from UO. I didn't use gift cards for the room but used them for meals, snacks, parking, etc. The only place I had a problem was Bubba Gump--something about them being the only restaurant that's third-party so they are on a different system. I also had one gift card that wouldn't swipe so RPR had to manually type in the number to cover my parking. All in all I would say it was a non-issue.
Thank you!
Yep, hence the frowny face, we don't have either in our neck of the woods :( I think both chains do GC online but it wouldn't code as grocery and any additional points earned would be worthless. The only Kroger store out this way is Littman Jewelers as far as I can tell, but I doubt we can convert grocery/gas points for gold :laughing:

However the reports of Randall's and Safeway are encouraging and maybe one day they'll come more northeast for us. Uni is definitely a different path to discount.
I'm going to look at the GC offerings wherever I go this week. Maybe I'll get lucky!
It IS a pain to use multiple Universal GC to pay off the room, though I do not let that stop me. In the past I would go when the front desk was not busy. 2018 Thanksgiving I had 3 club rooms at RPR and Giant Eagle only sells $100 GC, so I made several trips to the front desk, sometimes late at night, to use them. Last trip however, they charged the entire stay to my CC at checkin, which is different and I was not prepared. So I had to go back the next day with my GC, have them credit the CC charges.

I have never had issues using them at parks or stores to pay charges.
Thanks very much! USO is a new beast for me :laughing:
I don't understand what is happening. :scared: My DH doesn't want to apply for another card. He says he's tires of keeping track of everything and we need to take a break. I said, you've just a had a 3 month break from your last Chase card...you're 4/24. You desperately need another business card. He said NO!. He's done for now. He says I can ask him again in March. :eeyore:
My dh said October-ish that he didn't want to get another card for a year. And then he said in November that perhaps we should investigate Hilton or Marriott cards lol And then in December he experienced longhaul flights in lay flat business class and informed me that he only wanted to travel internationally in business :rotfl:

I think his next card will wait until May or June, though. That gives me/us enough time to formulate a good plan, in case we want to coordinate applications for Hilton or Marriott cards so that free nights will be on the same-ish schedule.
The Centurion Lounge at PHX is opening today.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/phoenix-likely-to-get-american-express-centurion-lounge/
Tagging @IFlossU. @Alexle2007 and @ten6mom might also be interested.
Is it weird that I asked myself how I could fit in a trip to Grand Canyon this year? No? Good.

My dh said October-ish that he didn't want to get another card for a year. And then he said in November that perhaps we should investigate Hilton or Marriott cards lol And then in December he experienced longhaul flights in lay flat business class and informed me that he only wanted to travel internationally in business :rotfl:

I think his next card will wait until May or June, though. That gives me/us enough time to formulate a good plan, in case we want to coordinate applications for Hilton or Marriott cards so that free nights will be on the same-ish schedule.

:rotfl:Let's hope so!

Yes, when we do a split stay we have bell services move our bags. Unless you have a car its the easiest way to move you bags.

Do they move them from your room or do you have to take them to bell services?

I’m trying so hard to focus at work today....... well the fact that I’m here commenting tells you how good that is going, lol!

Well Disney went and messed that up with releasing room discounts today, so I got up at 4AM and now I am stressing about POP(No Discount)/POR($30 More)/POFQ($240 More)! Why could they not have released a discount for the POP Preferred Pool View rooms and I'd be done! I suppose I could have saved $300 and stayed at a POP Standard room. Woot! Lack of sleep at its finest. Cannot process anything. The res is still at POFQ and I think it will just stay at that, time to try a moderate...

Do they move them from your room or do you have to take them to bell services?

Well Disney went and messed that up with releasing room discounts today, so I got up at 4AM and now I am stressing about POP(No Discount)/POR($30 More)/POFQ($240 More)! Why could they not have released a discount for the POP Preferred Pool View rooms and I'd be done! I suppose I could have saved $300 and stayed at a POP Standard room. Woot! Lack of sleep at its finest. Cannot process anything. The res is still at POFQ and I think it will just stay at that, time to try a moderate...
We bring our bags to bell services, but if you call them they will come up to your room to get them. We also pick them up from bell services when our room is ready at the new resort, but they will also bring them up to your room if you like. We still tip but not as much as if they had delivered them for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter