I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"DH" applied for a new Chase CIC card today with my support link. Got the Offer unavailable. I thought I remember reading that was happening to a few folks but my search skills are not great :-). Did that normally turn out good for people (ie approvals)? Anything he/I should do other than wait?
My search skills are poor too, as is my memory. This is what I posted when my 'DH' applied for CIC on 1/27 -

Well that's weird. Filled out the application, got the spinny 'verifying your info' message for a while then it went to 'offer unavailable' The information you requested is no longer available. Not sure what to make of that. Hit the 'back' arrow and got - We appreciate your interest in a Chase card product. We have received the information you have submitted. You may close your browser session.

He did get approved and the card showed up in his online account 2 days later. I just got the support bonus email yesterday (yay!)
Woohoo. New card already in DH acct. 3000 CL. Not as exciting as instant approval due to the odd message, but I’ll take it.

Nope. Sent a ticket, got the message "the store will have to let us know you made a purchase, can take 45 days" to which I responded, it's not a store, it's a bank, and your offer says open account and fund, and your $75 will post the next day. No answer from that yet.

I'm having the same issue, even though I provided copies of the confirmation emails from Betterment - one confirming that I opened an account and the other confirming that I funded it.

Yeah, they gave him $3000 too. He still had a CIP with $6000 so I transferred $4000 over before I closed that one out. Since the MSR is so high I wanted more flexibility with spending limits.
Yeah, I’ll have to move some CL around. He still has a CIP from the good old days (like a year ago:rotfl2:). I’ll move most of that before it is time to close it.

As someone who has a CP on my radar for 2021-2023 THANK YOU for taking the time to do this for us!!!! Your mental energy is productive while mine is to just avoid thinking about it when it gets to be too many options :rotfl2:

that little guy? noooooo... :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

I'm looking to apply for an AMEX BIZ card. I don't want MR, nor an AF so my two choices appear to be Amazon Prime Biz or the Blue Biz Cash. I'm thinking Amazon would serve me better. Any hidden reason to NOT get this card? I last applied for a card on January 7th, the CFF. Any problem with pacing with AMEX?

Also, can I inquire about a retention offer on my SW Priority via messaging or does it need to be a phone call?

Am I the only one who thinks these stupid Visa and MC gift cards are more trouble than they are worth?? I got 2 $100 MC gift cards when Staples ran their no-fee online promotion. I'm not into the whole money order scene, so I have to find something to actually use them on. It has to be something I know I won't return (because that seems like a whole other hassle). It's has to be just the right dollar amount. It has to be something that I don't get increased points on from any of my credit cards. So I finally ordered something today that fit the bill. Put in all the info and . . . "your card has expired." Except it expires in 1/30. I went to the gift card website and double-checked that the balance is still fully there - yep. Tried again on different devices and browsers - still, "your card has expired." This was NOT worth the 1000 URs I got for the stupid things!

I'm looking to apply for an AMEX BIZ card. I don't want MR, nor an AF so my two choices appear to be Amazon Prime Biz or the Blue Biz Cash. I'm thinking Amazon would serve me better. Any hidden reason to NOT get this card? I last applied for a card on January 7th, the CFF. Any problem with pacing with AMEX?

Also, can I inquire about a retention offer on my SW Priority via messaging or does it need to be a phone call?
For a retention offer you need to call Chase.... the CFF wouldn’t have any impact on your Amex application

Am I the only one who thinks these stupid Visa and MC gift cards are more trouble than they are worth?? I got 2 $100 MC gift cards when Staples ran their no-fee online promotion. I'm not into the whole money order scene, so I have to find something to actually use them on. It has to be something I know I won't return (because that seems like a whole other hassle). It's has to be just the right dollar amount. It has to be something that I don't get increased points on from any of my credit cards. So I finally ordered something today that fit the bill. Put in all the info and . . . "your card has expired." Except it expires in 1/30. I went to the gift card website and double-checked that the balance is still fully there - yep. Tried again on different devices and browsers - still, "your card has expired." This was NOT worth the 1000 URs I got for the stupid things!
Ugh...how frustrating...I’ve never purchased a MC gift card but maybe others have who can help...I stick with the $200 Visa GCs when staples runs the no fee deals...

yeah, i dont buy too many but i do use them in stores where i dont earn 5x on. I used quite a few of them at costco when there is no 5x bonus on the freedom. I go through a lot of them since costco is always bulk items.

I always register the card and use them within a few months. I mostly use them at my chiropractor since I'm there twice a month and he doesn't take amex. I buy them at Safeway on cards that get grocery bonus, closer than staples and I don't have a card that gets extra. I've also used them at Costco. I auto drain them at Costco or reload amazon with the leftover balance. I don't worry about spending a certain amount on them as I know I can just add it to Amazon. I'd also use it for other copays or the vet since you'll never get more than 1 pt/$ at those. But I find them quite easy to use.

Darn, sounds like the Betterment thing might not be as smooth as one would hope. The offer was $127.50 today. So I figured why not!

Today is the 4 year anniversary of my mom's house fire. Luckily she was okay, but it was a long 15 mos process getting that rebuilt, etc. I also just took my DD car shopping. That's something I wasn't ready for, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter