I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would make me uncomfortable too. Did you log into your checking account from the Betterment website in order to link the checking account? I'm doing the trial deposit approach, but can't seem to verify DH's Betterment account and I'm not sure what's going on there. Maybe because I'm trying to link a credit union account? I was trying an account that doesn't have much money in it to link up.
Yes and it seemed super easy. I need the Rakuten money to credit so I can close the Betterment account.

Oh boy - my 70,000th like (or reaction I guess now on the "new" DIS) comes from the wonderful @wanderlust7!!!

Thanks for being the BEST thread on the DIS! I love all of you guys tooo!!!!!

giphy.gif

source.gif

source.gif

Or maybe for some of you it's more like this:
wliia-colin-mochrie-you-tolerate-me.gif

Oh and lastly for my boy @PolyRob:
200.gif

EDIT: I must have missed 60,000... that probably happened sometime last summer.

50,000 got an Office Dance Party: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-61314755

40,000 was a little more subdued: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-60907205

30,000 was not a big celebration at all though: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-60490747

10,000 shows that I really like that gif/meme of Sally Field: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/post-59608931
That’s nearly 30 likes a day and 5.5 likes per post (on average) since you joined. Wow! Congratulations and thanks for all the helpful comments!

Anyone having issue with Amex online account? Yesterday and today when I try to pay my balance I get "Our system is not responding. Try again later."

Nevermind. It worked just now.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks these stupid Visa and MC gift cards are more trouble than they are worth?? I got 2 $100 MC gift cards when Staples ran their no-fee online promotion. I'm not into the whole money order scene, so I have to find something to actually use them on. It has to be something I know I won't return (because that seems like a whole other hassle). It's has to be just the right dollar amount. It has to be something that I don't get increased points on from any of my credit cards. So I finally ordered something today that fit the bill. Put in all the info and . . . "your card has expired." Except it expires in 1/30. I went to the gift card website and double-checked that the balance is still fully there - yep. Tried again on different devices and browsers - still, "your card has expired." This was NOT worth the 1000 URs I got for the stupid things!
I had trouble activating the Staples MC GCs from the last promo. The site said the card numbers were invalid, so I had to call them. Once activated, I used one of the cards a few hours later without issue. I haven't tried the other one yet. I have found that some websites just won't accept prepaid cards as payment. Maybe that's what you were running into.

Anybody get a credit for cell phone or restaurants on the 'new' credits yet?

I missed taking a pic of the swa sign at the airport but they were offering 50k and cp till feb 2022. I tried seeing if inflight it would pull up but I’m not seeing it. Wondering if it was a typo on the sign
🤔 🤔 that one sort of is interesting now, isn’t it?

Might have to add 12 more scenarios to my analysis yesterday 😂 😂

I kid, but if true, that does sound like a much better offer than the 30k + CP. Any idea what the MSR was?

That’s nearly 30 likes a day and 5.5 likes per post (on average) since you joined. Wow! Congratulations and thanks for all the helpful comments!
I do love my likes:comment ratio 😂 It is a stat I’ve always been obsessed with. You’ll also notice that people who hang out on this thread often have more likes than comments... and elsewhere on the DIS that is rare. We’re just such a friendly bunch here supporting each other! 😊

The 30 per day was a new one to me... that’s wild!

I got a mailer offer for 30,000 MR points with a $5000 spend for opening the BBP card. Is that a good offer? I'm currently putting all my grocery and gas spend on my new Platinum to get the most of the 10X points. The mailer is good until 4/31 so I'm thinking about waiting to apply.
That is a GREAT offer for that card. I posted about this offer a few days back. Standard is 10k MRs via support link.

If anybody happens to be targeted for this it is a phenomenal offer for this card:

Amex BBP 30k MR bonus
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv...us-30000-points-signup-bonus-with-5000-spend/

Rakuten is up to $127.50 for Betterment now.
So annyoing!!!

Anybody get a credit for cell phone or restaurants on the 'new' credits yet?
I got an email that I used my restaurant credit, but I don't have it yet. But my Portillos charge is also still pending, not actually charged yet.
The $75 from the Betterment offer showed up in my Rakuten account today!
Mine is there, too!
Mine too! Does anyone know if there is a minimum amount of time that we need to keep the account open? I want to close as soon as I can.

Me too! Both dh and I! Now if we could get the $20 support bonuses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter