I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry about your tree. I don't recall having this much ice in central Texas. My friend lost half of one of her trees to the top of her van, thankfully not much damage. I'm afraid we might lose half of one of ours, at least it's not leaning toward the driveway, but the middle of the yard instead. It's just a few feet from the ground at the moment and Monday will be worse.

gseDfjMl.jpg

Qew6hmPl.jpg

I'm sorry about your tree. I don't recall having this much ice in central Texas. My friend lost half of one of her trees to the top of her van, thankfully not much damage. I'm afraid we might lose half of one of ours, at least it's not leaning toward the driveway, but the middle of the yard instead. It's just a few feet from the ground at the moment and Monday will be worse.

gseDfjMl.jpg

Qew6hmPl.jpg
Oh, gosh. That’s wild!
Everyone impacted please stay safe. Everything here is closed so we are patiently waiting for the thaw.

I'm working on the second half of my Hyatt MSR and on the MSR for my upgrade of my Gold to a Plat. I'm thinking of using Plastiq on for my mortgage if I can. Is there a write up on Plastiq somewhere? I checked DISchurners but didn't see anything. I remember there are restrictions on paying a mortgage. I signed up for Plastiq years ago and then couldn't figure it out so never used it. Can I use Plastiq with a mortgage on either of these cards?

Terrible ice storm here. I fear this is just the beginning of damage.View attachment 556025

Wow! We are not getting anything like that yet. We are getting a small sprinkle of frozen rain so far but it hasn't all moved through yet. If we get that I am extremely grateful my 2 dangerous trees are already cut down.

I'm working on the second half of my Hyatt MSR and on the MSR for my upgrade of my Gold to a Plat. I'm thinking of using Plastiq on for my mortgage if I can. Is there a write up on Plastiq somewhere? I checked DISchurners but didn't see anything. I remember there are restrictions on paying a mortgage. I signed up for Plastiq years ago and then couldn't figure it out so never used it. Can I use Plastiq with a mortgage on either of these cards?
There isn't a write-up on Plastiq as it lost a lot of its usefulness as time went by and they restricted things. You can't pay a mortgage with a Visa or an Amex so unfortunately this one isn't gonna work for you.

Ugh, I am doing my step moms taxes, since my dad did everything financial in their lives (I will not go into how she has spent every penny he had now), but I just don't get him. It looks like he filed state taxes every year, but in TN they are not required to because they didn't have enough dividend income. Why would you file if you don't have to?

Question- If I buy an item and use PYB, then I need to return that item later(not purposely ,just in case) what happens to that refund?

Here's a chart if you want other ideas:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/hand...y-which-cards-can-be-used-for-which-payments/
I think the categories are still current, but the fee has gone up to 2.85%. Chase is making changes to their terms for what will be treated as a cash advance. I don't think we know yet if Plastiq will be affected. Seems people are getting different effective dates (maybe depends on the card?), ranging from late March to mid April. I don't plan to make payments after late March until I know how this will shake out.

Ugh, I am doing my step moms taxes, since my dad did everything financial in their lives (I will not go into how she has spent every penny he had now), but I just don't get him. It looks like he filed state taxes every year, but in TN they are not required to because they didn't have enough dividend income. Why would you file if you don't have to?

I live in TN, we don't have state income tax. What were they filing?

I live in TN, we don't have state income tax. What were they filing?
I have his tax returns from the last several years and he has a state return in each one, with only interest income of a couple hundred bucks.

But can I pick your brain, do you take a sales tax deduction? This is new to me, because MN has more than our share of income tax LOL.

I have his tax returns from the last several years and he has a state return in each one, with only interest income of a couple hundred bucks.

But can I pick your brain, do you take a sales tax deduction? This is new to me, because MN has more than our share of income tax LOL.

You are welcome to pick my brain!! We just take the standard deduction on our federal taxes and don't ever itemize. I think when I played with it once, it's a wash, at least for us. The sales tax is typically a lot higher here than most places (9.25% where I am) but that's the trade off for no income tax and very low property taxes.

I had a friend one year who kept her receipts for everything she bought during the year and still didn't have enough to itemize. I can't even imagine keeping track of that for a year!

You are welcome to pick my brain!! We just take the standard deduction on our federal taxes and don't ever itemize. I think when I played with it once, it's a wash, at least for us. The sales tax is typically a lot higher here than most places (9.25% where I am) but that's the trade off for no income tax and very low property taxes.

I had a friend one year who kept her receipts for everything she bought during the year and still didn't have enough to itemize. I can't even imagine keeping track of that for a year!
She is able to itemize this year and probably this year only, because of all his money that she gave away to charity. And she bought several cars for people, with sales tax. But I only claimed one, because I thought a widow buying 3 cars in one year, might raise some red flags.
Thank you for your help, I will NOT buy the TN state software now.

On an interesting note, got my final forms I need to do my taxes today, and I owe less than a 1/4 of what I thought we would! Which is awesome!! But it's going to make the CIU spend a LOT harder LOL.

Here's a chart if you want other ideas:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/hand...y-which-cards-can-be-used-for-which-payments/
I think the categories are still current, but the fee has gone up to 2.85%. Chase is making changes to their terms for what will be treated as a cash advance. I don't think we know yet if Plastiq will be affected. Seems people are getting different effective dates (maybe depends on the card?), ranging from late March to mid April. I don't plan to make payments after late March until I know how this will shake out.

Plastiq seems to update their guide in mid-February every year. Here's 2020's, which is larger. And here's the 2021 Guide.

Hi everyone - I wanted to introduce myself. I've just started reading through this thread. I'm eager to start maximizing using credit cards for benefit. I spent much of my life with credit card debt - and am still paying it off on some cards - but with the help of YNAB, have spent the last year and a half using my Chase Disney card to earn points for a trip. We're taking a trip to Disneyworld in the fall this year, and I think that in a couple of months I'm going to stop using my Disney card and start focusing on something else. I'd like to take a summer trip to Europe in 2023 to celebrate my oldest daughter's HS graduation. If at all possible, a trip out west would be great, too, but there's nothing in the works.

Recent cards -
01/21 - Citi Double Cash (for a balance transfer)

That's the only recent card, but I have -
Chase Freedom, Chase Disney, Chase Amazon, Amex Everyday - pay the balance monthly
BoA, Discover - still paying off the debt
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)? - minimum $2000, some months as high as $3000 or $3500
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? - some of each - see above
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of? - PHL for domestic, EWR/JFK for international
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? - I currently have miles with American
  • Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport? - yes
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? - no
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? (if so, which programs and how much) - 472 Chase Disney, 423 Amex
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!) - European trip
  • When do you plan to take these trips? (Keep in mind that it can be difficult to earn points/miles to cover imminent travel...it's best to plan far in advance, especially with regards to international travel) - 2023
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends) - spouse and two daughters - in 2023, they will be 18 and 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter