I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can modify if you find availability to add consecutive nights. No, the whole reservation would not be on the waitlist.

But, concierge service was not available last time I checked. The rooms are available and if the service is not available when you go, I think I read that they are compensating with some points returned on the nights - standard view rate. If you've never been, the views aren't that great. If your visit is without the benefit of the lounge offerings, I'd probably look for a Savannah view.

On the positive side, the rooms are right above the lobby. No long walks. The regular rooms are reopening in August but they haven't announced whether Boma or Jiko will reopen at that time. Mara is open for breakfast and dinner.

I've enjoyed CL a few times for a few nights at a time since they opened. It definitely has gotten harder to get, and I've usually done a split stay when I've gone with the longest being 3 nights.
Yes you can modify your current reservation to add or deduct days at either end of the stay. If I were you, I would waitlist both days separately so that it would have a higher chance of matching. That’s what I did last time to piece together a stay at a standard view studio at BWV. Did you book somewhere else for those two days just to make sure you have a place to stay?

I'm trying to book for May 2022. I'm hoping CL will be fully open by then. My cousin and I want to go May 22 to 26. Last night I booked May 20 to 26 and the Deluxe Studio was available for 22 to 26 but not for 20 & 21. I was planning to call today to change it just the 22 to 26. I wasn't sure if that would work. So this morning, I booked 4 days in a Savannah view just in case that fell through. Does anyone know how that works?

I'm trying to book for May 2022. I'm hoping CL will be fully open by then. My cousin and I want to go May 22 to 26. Last night I booked May 20 to 26 and the Deluxe Studio was available for 22 to 26 but not for 20 & 21. I was planning to call today to change it just the 22 to 26. I wasn't sure if that would work. So this morning, I booked 4 days in a Savannah view just in case that fell through. Does anyone know how that works?

I'm kind of confused by what you wrote. Did you put the waitlist in and not actually have a reservation for the dates of 20-26? Or you waitlisted the entire stay of the 20-26 and were able to book the dates of 22-26? If you waitlisted the enough stay, you won't be able to modify it either online or by calling in. They will just do a new one for you which you could do yourself online.

I'm kind of confused by what you wrote. Did you put the waitlist in and not actually have a reservation for the dates of 20-26? Or you waitlisted the entire stay of the 20-26 and were able to book the dates of 22-26? If you waitlisted the enough stay, you won't be able to modify it either online or by calling in. They will just do a new one for you which you could do yourself online.
I watilisted the whole stay with the CL studio. I also booked savannah view studio just in case. So it's not worth calling in at 9 then to modify the waitlist stay?

I'm not exactly following what you still have? If you are going to stay for 4 nights at AK Jambo and you already have 2 nights in Concierge and you are not going until May 2022, then I hope you kept those 2 nights.

A split stay when you have concierge (and when CL is available) is really easy. You have access to the lounge and service from the moment you check in - until midnight of checkout day.

I would keep the CL rooms and waitlist each night separately that you want - 2 more nights? When you waitlist, you use the existing Savannah view reservation to remove points from. If it doesn't come through, there is only one (full) day that you wouldn't have CL access. You can have MS make a note so that the Savannah view room is modified to save the night(s) that you want to keep, in the event a CL room or rooms become available. I'm going to repeat, this is one time a split stay is simply easy.

I watilisted the whole stay with the CL studio. I also booked savannah view studio just in case. So it's not worth calling in at 9 then to modify the waitlist stay?

Okay - no - if you already have two nights, you are halfway there. Wait listing 4 nights CL is almost impossible. Not a good plan.

So you don't actually have a reservation for a CL studio? Since you want to travel 22-26.

If you have time and don't mind a little work on your end. I would keep the savannah view for the four days and do a waitlist for the 22nd and then one for the 23rd for the CL studio. If either of the two day matches, then set up a waitilist for the next day and then work your way down your stay to piece together (day by day) a stay in the CL studio you're aiming for. By the 31st day before your check in date, just make sure you cancel any days you don't want so points don't go into holding.

Thanks for helping everyone. I talked to MS and I got all sorted. I didn't know how waitlist worked. So I cancelled the waitlist because all the CL studios were gone. I was able to book the two nights 1BR CL and then I also booked 4 nights in a savannah view. I plan on cancelling the first two night of the savannah view so that we will stay in the 1BR CL for 2 nights then 2 nights in a studio. I'm not sure if I'm making sense. LOL.

Just got the below message for dd's CSP application. Looking forward to another 100K URs :yay::yay:.

What number do I call to expedite? Have a large property tax payment coming up July 1st. Card expedited. Will arrive either tomorrow or Friday. Our friend picks up our mail on Friday afternoons and couriers here, so I should have by Monday or Tuesday! What the heck -- credit limit of $20,700.00 :oops:. I will be SMing to have that reduced.

Congratulations. We have approved your request for a Chase credit card.
You'll receive your new card and welcome kit in the mail in 3 to 5 business days.
Thanks for choosing Chase. We look forward to serving you.

Last edited:
Has anyone upgraded from a Series 3 Apple Watch to a Series 6? My battery is draining fast and I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and upgrade.

Just got the below message for dd's CSP application. Looking forward to another 100K URs :yay::yay:.

What number do I call to expedite? Have a large property tax payment coming up July 1st.

You'll receive your new card and welcome kit in the mail in 3 to 5 business days.
I've had luck using SM to expedite cards.

At first I thought you were going to say that the support link was now showing the 100k SUB!

What number do I call to expedite? Have a large property tax payment coming up July 1st. Card expedited. Will arrive either tomorrow or Friday. Our friend picks up our mail on Friday afternoons and couriers here, so I should have by Monday or Tuesday! What the heck -- credit limit of $20,700.00 :oops:. I will be SMing to have that reduced.

Congrats, are you going for the MDD?

At first I thought you were going to say that the support link was now showing the 100k SUB!
I gave up on waiting for the support link; I applied with the 100K UR offer.

Congrats, are you going for the MDD?
No. I'm honestly surprised that she was approved for the CSP. She's a full-time university student with a summer job. Though she does have a rather generous allowance deposited into her account weekly (by dh), which I was able to use in her income calculation.

Thanks for helping everyone. I talked to MS and I got all sorted. I didn't know how waitlist worked. So I cancelled the waitlist because all the CL studios were gone. I was able to book the two nights 1BR CL and then I also booked 4 nights in a savannah view. I plan on cancelling the first two night of the savannah view so that we will stay in the 1BR CL for 2 nights then 2 nights in a studio. I'm not sure if I'm making sense. LOL.

I've already read further along and I know you now have 2 reservations, one for CL and 1 for Savannah view.

Just an FYI on the canceling of the Savannah view in case you don't know: Modifying a reservation allows you to cancel nights without calling MS. Especially when they are busy and you have to be on hold for an hour.

You can go through the process and not change anything, drop a night from either end, or drop 2 nights from either end. But, if you are more comfy having MS do it, by all means call them.

In any case, glad to see you still have your room and here's hoping that the CL service returns soon so that you can enjoy it!

Just a little bit about my Ocean City stay this year.

As usual, the Hyatt staff were outstanding, friendly and personable - all of them! They almost seek you out to make your stay pleasant. They actually texted me to ask if everything was okay (with room and service) a couple of days. And, you can do contactless checkin with your phone.

This year I had top floor partial view, but as far up front as possible. Booking on points will get you ocean front when it's not busy but they are full most weekends.

Overall, Ocean City needs people to work. In summer they rely heavily on recruiting from countries in Europe and Asia. This year there is a fly in that plan. Seasonal workers are a hot commodity.

Anyway, on checking in you have the opportunity to 'decline housekeeping'. And they will credit you $10 a night. On Friday or Saturday night in July, oceanfront is a whopping $846 before taxes this summer. It was also for this past weekend with the airshow. So, $10 is a peanut in the grand scheme.

But for me using points, it was a nice little bonus. I tried to spend it. I bought a dessert and a glass of wine. But I still ended with a $26 credit on my card. Because they also refunded occ taxes and some other tax on the $30 credit.

The credit took care of a fairly decent breakfast at a restaurant called Barn 34 on 34th street for those that might go. It was good and a 'new' spot for people like me who've been going forever. Parking not so good though.

Arrival Friday: Standard slice of pizza from Franco's under the Hyatt. Franco's is not part of Hyatt, but it and another business had the space before the Hyatt came. So, now they are both prettied up and freshened up and seem to do good business. I would have gotten another slice the next day but on Saturday and Sunday, you had to buy a whole pie.....it was super busy everywhere.

Dinner Saturday: I also ate at a hole in the wall called Crab Stop - take out food. I got shrimp, corn and crab soup. The crab soup was excellent, the corn was fresh and the shrimp were tasty but fairly standard with a tiny sprinkle of Old Bay.

Sunday Dinner: Because of crowds and traffic I did not want to go anywhere I couldn't walk to. So, I tried Coastal Flats on the Boardwalk next to the Hyatt. Got a Bacon, Lobster grilled cheese sandwich, plus another seafood soup - crab and corn chowder. And an order of grilled asparagus to mitigate the other 2. The sandwich was tasty and no shortage of lobster. I only ate half as it was pretty big. I again ate half the soup as it was large - and nowhere near as tasty as the one from the crab place. Not bad, just not anything to even write about here. The grilled asparagus was more charred then grilled but it filled its purpose, again double what I could eat. I did take out, although when I sat at the bar to order, I had some good conversation with another guest dining there by themselves. Both the guest and one of the Hyatt staff did not rate this place highly but my sandwich was good and at least 1 out of 3 items ordered was a winner.

I ate treats also for 3 days but we won't go into those extra calories.

The guest I had conversation with, was staying at the Holiday Inn 17th. He (like me) has stayed all over town on points. he told me that they have renovated the Holiday Inn. At least his room. So I'll look forward to that on my July trip.

I took one drive out to Assateague Park to see horses and that was it. My car stayed parked under the hotel. But I walked a lot, both on the beach, on the Boardwalk and even walked the streets a bit, to get food. It was a good trip!

Airshow - this year finally got to see the paratroopers land a few feet away from me. That was my only new experience.

The airshow set up messes with my beach time. This year was 'normal' which means the beach is basically sold in front of the hotels I like. I had to walk an extra block to set up my own chair and umbrella. If you didn't have hotel parking or didn't get street parking (very limited) there were some entrepreneurs selling spots for up to $60. There is metered parking also and I don't know if they jacked that for the weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised. The guy who charged me $5 to park on 34th St Monday morning said he was getting $40 on the airshow days. 20 blocks from ground zero. Normally I don't pay for parking, anywhere as I can usually find something.

So, next year, I may come on airshow weekend also, but probably just for the last day and spend Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. That is if I can get the room to begin with.

Thanks for the advice @Judique. We almost always use our DVC points for cruises (renting them out for cash) that I'm really out of the loop for booking dvc rooms that aren't straightforward. I'm hoping CL service returns too! I think I'll just keep it that way until we know more if CL will be returning. Any other things I should consider?

Apparently there's only 5 1-bedrooms and 5 studios in CL that's why it's so hard to book and if someone books a 2BR LO, that makes it even less.

just curious how old is your dd- what income did she input for this? thanks

Just a little bit about my Ocean City stay this year.

As usual, the Hyatt staff were outstanding, friendly and personable - all of them! They almost seek you out to make your stay pleasant. They actually texted me to ask if everything was okay (with room and service) a couple of days. And, you can do contactless checkin with your phone.

This year I had top floor partial view, but as far up front as possible. Booking on points will get you ocean front when it's not busy but they are full most weekends.

Overall, Ocean City needs people to work. In summer they rely heavily on recruiting from countries in Europe and Asia. This year there is a fly in that plan. Seasonal workers are a hot commodity.

Anyway, on checking in you have the opportunity to 'decline housekeeping'. And they will credit you $10 a night. On Friday or Saturday night in July, oceanfront is a whopping $846 before taxes this summer. It was also for this past weekend with the airshow. So, $10 is a peanut in the grand scheme.

But for me using points, it was a nice little bonus. I tried to spend it. I bought a dessert and a glass of wine. But I still ended with a $26 credit on my card. Because they also refunded occ taxes and some other tax on the $30 credit.

The credit took care of a fairly decent breakfast at a restaurant called Barn 34 on 34th street for those that might go. It was good and a 'new' spot for people like me who've been going forever. Parking not so good though.

Arrival Friday: Standard slice of pizza from Franco's under the Hyatt. Franco's is not part of Hyatt, but it and another business had the space before the Hyatt came. So, now they are both prettied up and freshened up and seem to do good business. I would have gotten another slice the next day but on Saturday and Sunday, you had to buy a whole pie.....it was super busy everywhere.

Dinner Saturday: I also ate at a hole in the wall called Crab Stop - take out food. I got shrimp, corn and crab soup. The crab soup was excellent, the corn was fresh and the shrimp were tasty but fairly standard with a tiny sprinkle of Old Bay.

Sunday Dinner: Because of crowds and traffic I did not want to go anywhere I couldn't walk to. So, I tried Coastal Flats on the Boardwalk next to the Hyatt. Got a Bacon, Lobster grilled cheese sandwich, plus another seafood soup - crab and corn chowder. And an order of grilled asparagus to mitigate the other 2. The sandwich was tasty and no shortage of lobster. I only ate half as it was pretty big. I again ate half the soup as it was large - and nowhere near as tasty as the one from the crab place. Not bad, just not anything to even write about here. The grilled asparagus was more charred then grilled but it filled its purpose, again double what I could eat. I did take out, although when I sat at the bar to order, I had some good conversation with another guest dining there by themselves. Both the guest and one of the Hyatt staff did not rate this place highly but my sandwich was good and at least 1 out of 3 items ordered was a winner.

I ate treats also for 3 days but we won't go into those extra calories.

The guest I had conversation with, was staying at the Holiday Inn 17th. He (like me) has stayed all over town on points. he told me that they have renovated the Holiday Inn. At least his room. So I'll look forward to that on my July trip.

I took one drive out to Assateague Park to see horses and that was it. My car stayed parked under the hotel. But I walked a lot, both on the beach, on the Boardwalk and even walked the streets a bit, to get food. It was a good trip!

Airshow - this year finally got to see the paratroopers land a few feet away from me. That was my only new experience.

The airshow set up messes with my beach time. This year was 'normal' which means the beach is basically sold in front of the hotels I like. I had to walk an extra block to set up my own chair and umbrella. If you didn't have hotel parking or didn't get street parking (very limited) there were some entrepreneurs selling spots for up to $60. There is metered parking also and I don't know if they jacked that for the weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised. The guy who charged me $5 to park on 34th St Monday morning said he was getting $40 on the airshow days. 20 blocks from ground zero. Normally I don't pay for parking, anywhere as I can usually find something.

So, next year, I may come on airshow weekend also, but probably just for the last day and spend Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. That is if I can get the room to begin with.
this sounds lovely. I just want to chime in and say I'm loving all our local (Northeast) lobster options this year....so many places are offering lobster grilled cheese,lobster blt's....I'm in heaven!

just curious how old is your dd- what income did she input for this? thanks
She turned 19 on Star Wars day and I used her seasonal income (she makes $14.25 / hour, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week and will work until the end of August) + withdrawls from her registered education plan ($5,000.00 last year which counts as income) + she gets a generous allowance from dh deposited monthly. Stated income was well below the recommended $30,000.00; I am not sure if having had an account with Chase for 6+ years and a very healthy balance helped at all. Her credit score was 763 when I applied. HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter