I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this sounds lovely. I just want to chime in and say I'm loving all our local (Northeast) lobster options this year....so many places are offering lobster grilled cheese,lobster blt's....I'm in heaven!

And, I'm dreaming of a simple Lobster Roll with fries from Wood's in Plymouth, Ma.

For those that may be unfamiliar, to me a Lobster Roll is served on a soft sided and toasted hot dog bun with some coleslaw and mayonnaise on the side with fries.

And they are served many places in the Northeast besides Wood's Seafood, but for some reason I used to get there a lot.

Hi! I was wondering if anyone might help me troubleshoot.

My husband has had his CSP for at least 5 years, maybe longer. About a month ago, I signed him up for Barclays AA card. Other than that, there's been no activity.

Yesterday I had him downgrade his CSP to the freedom unlimited. He did mention the woman on the phone said he wouldn't be eligible for any sign on bonuses and I assumed that meant the sign on bonus for unlimited. When I saw online the card picture had changed to unlimited later that day, I went to sign him up for a new CSP and was denied. He has great credit and only 1/48. Did I not wait long enough? Can I try again? Any insights appreciated!

Hi! I was wondering if anyone might help me troubleshoot.

My husband has had his CSP for at least 5 years, maybe longer. About a month ago, I signed him up for Barclays AA card. Other than that, there's been no activity.

Yesterday I had him downgrade his CSP to the freedom unlimited. He did mention the woman on the phone said he wouldn't be eligible for any sign on bonuses and I assumed that meant the sign on bonus for unlimited. When I saw online the card picture had changed to unlimited later that day, I went to sign him up for a new CSP and was denied. He has great credit and only 1/48. Did I not wait long enough? Can I try again? Any insights appreciated!
You have to wait at least 4 days after you downgrade before he's eligible again.

Just a little bit about my Ocean City stay this year.

As usual, the Hyatt staff were outstanding, friendly and personable - all of them! They almost seek you out to make your stay pleasant. They actually texted me to ask if everything was okay (with room and service) a couple of days. And, you can do contactless checkin with your phone.

This year I had top floor partial view, but as far up front as possible. Booking on points will get you ocean front when it's not busy but they are full most weekends.

Overall, Ocean City needs people to work. In summer they rely heavily on recruiting from countries in Europe and Asia. This year there is a fly in that plan. Seasonal workers are a hot commodity.

Anyway, on checking in you have the opportunity to 'decline housekeeping'. And they will credit you $10 a night. On Friday or Saturday night in July, oceanfront is a whopping $846 before taxes this summer. It was also for this past weekend with the airshow. So, $10 is a peanut in the grand scheme.

But for me using points, it was a nice little bonus. I tried to spend it. I bought a dessert and a glass of wine. But I still ended with a $26 credit on my card. Because they also refunded occ taxes and some other tax on the $30 credit.

The credit took care of a fairly decent breakfast at a restaurant called Barn 34 on 34th street for those that might go. It was good and a 'new' spot for people like me who've been going forever. Parking not so good though.

Arrival Friday: Standard slice of pizza from Franco's under the Hyatt. Franco's is not part of Hyatt, but it and another business had the space before the Hyatt came. So, now they are both prettied up and freshened up and seem to do good business. I would have gotten another slice the next day but on Saturday and Sunday, you had to buy a whole pie.....it was super busy everywhere.

Dinner Saturday: I also ate at a hole in the wall called Crab Stop - take out food. I got shrimp, corn and crab soup. The crab soup was excellent, the corn was fresh and the shrimp were tasty but fairly standard with a tiny sprinkle of Old Bay.

Sunday Dinner: Because of crowds and traffic I did not want to go anywhere I couldn't walk to. So, I tried Coastal Flats on the Boardwalk next to the Hyatt. Got a Bacon, Lobster grilled cheese sandwich, plus another seafood soup - crab and corn chowder. And an order of grilled asparagus to mitigate the other 2. The sandwich was tasty and no shortage of lobster. I only ate half as it was pretty big. I again ate half the soup as it was large - and nowhere near as tasty as the one from the crab place. Not bad, just not anything to even write about here. The grilled asparagus was more charred then grilled but it filled its purpose, again double what I could eat. I did take out, although when I sat at the bar to order, I had some good conversation with another guest dining there by themselves. Both the guest and one of the Hyatt staff did not rate this place highly but my sandwich was good and at least 1 out of 3 items ordered was a winner.

I ate treats also for 3 days but we won't go into those extra calories.

The guest I had conversation with, was staying at the Holiday Inn 17th. He (like me) has stayed all over town on points. he told me that they have renovated the Holiday Inn. At least his room. So I'll look forward to that on my July trip.

I took one drive out to Assateague Park to see horses and that was it. My car stayed parked under the hotel. But I walked a lot, both on the beach, on the Boardwalk and even walked the streets a bit, to get food. It was a good trip!

Airshow - this year finally got to see the paratroopers land a few feet away from me. That was my only new experience.

The airshow set up messes with my beach time. This year was 'normal' which means the beach is basically sold in front of the hotels I like. I had to walk an extra block to set up my own chair and umbrella. If you didn't have hotel parking or didn't get street parking (very limited) there were some entrepreneurs selling spots for up to $60. There is metered parking also and I don't know if they jacked that for the weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised. The guy who charged me $5 to park on 34th St Monday morning said he was getting $40 on the airshow days. 20 blocks from ground zero. Normally I don't pay for parking, anywhere as I can usually find something.

So, next year, I may come on airshow weekend also, but probably just for the last day and spend Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. That is if I can get the room to begin with.

Thanks SO much for this review @Judique! I have two rooms booked here on points for a couple nights before the holiday weekend (check out Friday). My wife and I fly to Niagara Falls this weekend before joining my kids and my sisters at my Dad's home in Annapolis. We all hop over to OC Wednesday for a couple nights before catching a baseball game on Saturday up in Philly. Finally, just me and my wife will spend our anniversary at Disney's Yacht Club July5-7 (unbeknownst to her) before flying back to West Tennessee. It's our 25th wedding anniversary - figured I'd make it a 10 day or so celebration!

Thanks SO much for this review @Judique! I have two rooms booked here on points for a couple nights before the holiday weekend (check out Friday). My wife and I fly to Niagara Falls this weekend before joining my kids and my sisters at my Dad's home in Annapolis. We all hop over to OC Wednesday for a couple nights before catching a baseball game on Saturday up in Philly. Finally, just me and my wife will spend our anniversary at Disney's Yacht Club July5-7 (unbeknownst to her) before flying back to West Tennessee. It's our 25th wedding anniversary - figured I'd make it a 10 day or so celebration!

You are welcome! I always enjoy the Hyatt since it opened because the people are so friendly there. My 'dining' was a bit restricted due to trying to find places to walk to for carry out.

I've had decent food at The Captain's Table next door at the Courtyard Marriott and also at Coral Reef at the Holiday Inn on 17th. But, my favored restaurant is usually Shark on the Harbor in West Ocean City. I would normally pick it over all that I have mentioned. And Crab Stop truly is hole in the wall! If I'd had someone to share, I would have tried their crabs but just me, I would have been throwing away too many.

So, Happy Anniversary! Looks like you are doing it up in style! Sounds amazing.

Edit: there is coffee and tea round the clock in the bar/breakfast room. If it's out they will make you some. I like my coffee early (5am) so this was nice as the Starbucks down between the Quality and HI doesn't open til 7am. People on the Boardwalk were asking where I got coffee, when I was out looking for the sun rise.

Last edited:
whew
statement closed for the csp i signed dh up for. 4k spend needed, I had $4002! he got his 100k ur, online i was able to transfer to my ur account.booked icelandair and cancelled our united ressie! it all went almost too smooth

i tried a mdd for him, today he got a letter from chase fraud to make sure it was him. debating whether to pursue it 60k ur, but the fee is $550. I ave a csr.

thanks to everyone for their advice

And, I'm dreaming of a simple Lobster Roll with fries from Wood's in Plymouth, Ma.

For those that may be unfamiliar, to me a Lobster Roll is served on a soft sided and toasted hot dog bun with some coleslaw and mayonnaise on the side with fries.

And they are served many places in the Northeast besides Wood's Seafood, but for some reason I used to get there a lot.

Are you a butter or mayo kind of girl? I love my lobster rolls with a light mayo...my local clam shack makes a really good one with dill mayo!

7-10 day message means a denial right? Or can I call and get an answer? I tried for the CSP. I'm at like 2/24, past the 48 month mark on the CSP and lowered all my limits before applying. :crazy2:

Does anyone know what Barclay's rules are? It will be 2 years in August since last had Barclay's Aviator Biz. Want to sign up again. Do I need to wait until August or am I good now. I also want DH to get the CSP with the 100K bonus. Not sure if getting that card now will "upset" Barclay's (another credit inquiry). But not sure CSP will still be there in August. If only I could transfer URs to AA. That would make this an easy decision. I want both AA miles and URs!

We’ll we’re having a less than great churning day here- I applied for a BBP and got a message that amex needs more time. Ugh.

Then “DH” applied for a csp- got a message they need more time. That one is baffling to me- he’s 0/24, has one open chase card with a small credit limit and we have a fairly high household income. That should’ve been an instant approval.

Ok- called and got a 2 week message. This usually means approval right? How does this work for a mdd now?

Last edited:
7-10 day message means a denial right? Or can I call and get an answer? I tried for the CSP. I'm at like 2/24, past the 48 month mark on the CSP and lowered all my limits before applying. :crazy2:

Ugh this makes me nervous because I'm hoping to try for the same! I'm assuming you remembered to cancel your CSP before applying right?

I've had over 100,000 Delta points hanging out with no plan how to use them. I found tickets on Delta from our local airport in WI to Jacksonville for our nephew's wedding for 16,000 points round trip, the cash price was $356 so I feel like it was a good redemption! We ended up buying a ticket for a different nephew and for my in laws too. We told my in laws it was their Christmas gift, yay for less shopping for me to do! It felt good to get a solid redemption on points that I truly had no plan for!

I've had over 100,000 Delta points hanging out with no plan how to use them. I found tickets on Delta from our local airport in WI to Jacksonville for our nephew's wedding for 16,000 points round trip, the cash price was $356 so I feel like it was a good redemption! We ended up buying a ticket for a different nephew and for my in laws too. We told my in laws it was their Christmas gift, yay for less shopping for me to do! It felt good to get a solid redemption on points that I truly had no plan for!
that is a great Delta redemption!

I've been trying to transfer the UR points from my DS's CIU account to my CSP account (we live in the same household). Since the option isn't available to add my account to his, I tried to send an SM to Chase to add it (I'm trying to avoid making him call). This is what I put in the SM:

"I would like to combine my ultimate rewards points with another member of my household, but I don't see an option in the ultimate rewards portal to add their account. Can you please add the following account to the "Combine Points" option on my account? Here is the information for the account I would like to add" (I gave my name and cc number).

Here's the response I got:

"You can link one account to another to combine Ultimate Rewards points, but you can only link one account at a time. To link a different account, you need to unlink the current one. It may take 24 hours for the points to transfer. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Chase. If you have any other questions or concerns, you can call the number below or send us a secure message."

Huh? There are no other accounts linked to his. Any suggestions on how to word this differently to be more clear? Do you think I should respond to this SM or try again with a new one?

Thanks!

I've been trying to transfer the UR points from my DS's CIU account to my CSP account (we live in the same household). Since the option isn't available to add my account to his, I tried to send an SM to Chase to add it (I'm trying to avoid making him call). This is what I put in the SM:

"I would like to combine my ultimate rewards points with another member of my household, but I don't see an option in the ultimate rewards portal to add their account. Can you please add the following account to the "Combine Points" option on my account? Here is the information for the account I would like to add" (I gave my name and cc number).

Here's the response I got:

"You can link one account to another to combine Ultimate Rewards points, but you can only link one account at a time. To link a different account, you need to unlink the current one. It may take 24 hours for the points to transfer. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Chase. If you have any other questions or concerns, you can call the number below or send us a secure message."

Huh? There are no other accounts linked to his. Any suggestions on how to word this differently to be more clear? Do you think I should respond to this SM or try again with a new one?

Thanks!
I understood what you wanted to do, but I read your intro paragraph first.

Does your account have links to another account? I've never heard of this "rule", but I have heard several people having problems linking accounts lately.

I think I would just try a new message. Maybe, "How do I transfer points from my son's account #xxx to my account #xxx? My son lives with me, and neither account is currently linked to another account. Thank you" You could add what you and your son want to spend the points on, to add a personal touch and/or how you've been struggling to figure this out (?) Let's see what others suggest, too.

Good luck and keep us updated, because it seem to be a re-occurring problem lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter