I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been to Universal FL the week after Thanksgiving? We are thinking of going, as it's been 6+ years since we've been to Universal, and there are many new rides (Hagrids and Velocicoaster are my top priorities!). Looking for advice on if it's crowded that week, and is there enough time to do the major rides in a day? I know they typically have reduced hours that time of year between the major holidays.. maybe something like 9-5 or 10-6. I'm concerned if 8 hours in the park is enough time. Also trying to decide if we want to do IOA and USO, just Islands, or if we'd have enough time to park hop and do just the top attractions (like 3-4) at each park in one day. Any advice appreciated! Off to go look for a Universal thread now as well... lol.

Back from trip #2 to Vegas. We had booked a rental car last minute as the Lyft/Uber prices were going sky high. But when we landed I managed to find a lyft for $16! My CSR Lyft Pink had expired the day before so I took the 3 mos "free" offer. Glad I did, the ride back we used Lyft again, and it was $11! WOOOO!

I will say I am annoyed with Delta boarding from the back. I was row 18, so just behind Comfort+. I NEVER do a carry-on, but I did for Vegas to save us time. I'm a credit card holder, so normally I get to board early. Well since they board from the back, I had to wait, and by the time I was allowed to board they were forcing us to gate check. And then of course when I got on they had more than enough room. GRRRRRR! On the way back, I boarded earlier than my row (again 18), so that it didn't happen again. Since my BF is flying "crew" he gets to carry on and put his suitcase in the flight deck, so he was okay.

So I'm back, and tonight I take my daughter to the airport to try and send her to TX (using the BFs buddy passes, so fingers crossed). Then the BF has possible trips to LA and San Diego this weekend that I can join him, LOL. I swear I'm living in the airport, LOL.

3 digit code missing? where did u buy your VGC?
I bought them at Staples. The CVV wasn't missing, parts of the magnetic stripe were. I got the card to work though! WOOOO!

Does anyone know what Barclay's rules are? It will be 2 years in August since last had Barclay's Aviator Biz. Want to sign up again. Do I need to wait until August or am I good now. I also want DH to get the CSP with the 100K bonus. Not sure if getting that card now will "upset" Barclay's (another credit inquiry). But not sure CSP will still be there in August. If only I could transfer URs to AA. That would make this an easy decision. I want both AA miles and URs!
DPs are all over the place with this one. According to FT some can churn, others can't. Barclay makes no sense!

Back from trip #2 to Vegas. We had booked a rental car last minute as the Lyft/Uber prices were going sky high. But when we landed I managed to find a lyft for $16! My CSR Lyft Pink had expired the day before so I took the 3 mos "free" offer. Glad I did, the ride back we used Lyft again, and it was $11! WOOOO!

be careful on how Lyft advertises it... the last time i was in Vegas and called a Lyft, it took over 20 mins looking for a driver, then it took another 20 mins for the driver to show up. Its not worth it, rent a car.

Do third party gift card purchases on Staples.com count for 5x URs on the CIC? Anyone know? If so, wanting to buy Airbnb gift cards to use for an upcoming trip.

Looks like the CSP Referral is now changed. Shows 100,000 UR's (does not show grocery credit) and the Referral s now 20,000 UR:s instead of 15,000....

I told my brother to sign up yesterday as he wanted the card but didn't want him to keep waiting.... of course it changes today!!

Quoting myself. My brother did not sign up yesterday... so, sent him the link. Yeah!! Going to have DS22 try too. He just got his first big boy job out of college, so can put that salary down now.

Looks like the CSP Referral is now changed. Shows 100,000 UR's (does not show grocery credit) and the Referral s now 20,000 UR:s instead of 15,000....

I told my brother to sign up yesterday as he wanted the card but didn't want him to keep waiting.... of course it changes today!!
Awesome now I just need to convince a few family member and friends to sign up.

Amex Offer + sale.
You can get 3 bottles for about $10 (depending on what you order). They are having a sale on certain bottles with discount code Day2 (it's on the landing page).
Offer merchant logo

Spend $30+ at macyswineshop.com/amex, get $25 back, up to 3x (total of $75)

View attachment 584170
I went back to do another mock order and noticed that it said something about only one promotion at a time, so do you think you'll get the $25 back from AMEX in addition to the 15% discount? If so, I may order more since it can be used 3x.
thanks for the code. I just ordered 3 bottles and saw the same notice. The charge comes up on Amex as Hemisphere, the same company as Wine Insiders that was difficult to pay out with the $30 off $30 deal from earlier this year. I bet they put this disclaimer on there to cut down on the complaints. I'll report back on whether I get the credit but I'm not too optimistic. The wines have been fine at Wine Insiders (I only buy Sauv Blanc and some Rose) especially when they are on sale for $8.99 or less so they did gain a customer from that promo.

be careful on how Lyft advertises it... the last time i was in Vegas and called a Lyft, it took over 20 mins looking for a driver, then it took another 20 mins for the driver to show up. Its not worth it, rent a car.

Already went. And we did notice there are different levels. For our Lyft to the airport we selected the one that said 20 min wait. They got there in about 10 min.

Haha I knew the referral was going to update soon after I gave up and let P2 apply for the public offer. I guess you win some and you lose some.

Haha I knew the referral was going to update soon after I gave up and let P2 apply for the public offer. I guess you win some and you lose some.
Thanks for taking on for the team! i was going to have DH apply this week too, but then Thursday came and I figured might as well wait until Sunday to start the MDD process. I'll gladly take the extra 20K URs.

thanks for the code. I just ordered 3 bottles and saw the same notice. The charge comes up on Amex as Hemisphere, the same company as Wine Insiders that was difficult to pay out with the $30 off $30 deal from earlier this year. I bet they put this disclaimer on there to cut down on the complaints. I'll report back on whether I get the credit but I'm not too optimistic. The wines have been fine at Wine Insiders (I only buy Sauv Blanc and some Rose) especially when they are on sale for $8.99 or less so they did gain a customer from that promo.
Thanks, I think I'll order some from DH's account. It's hard to pass up on decent wine for that price.

Amex Offer + sale.
You can get 3 bottles for about $10 (depending on what you order). They are having a sale on certain bottles with discount code Day2 (it's on the landing page).
Offer merchant logo

Spend $30+ at macyswineshop.com/amex, get $25 back, up to 3x (total of $75)

View attachment 584170

Well I just tried this offer. We'll see if it pays out!

Has anyone been to Universal FL the week after Thanksgiving? We are thinking of going, as it's been 6+ years since we've been to Universal, and there are many new rides (Hagrids and Velocicoaster are my top priorities!). Looking for advice on if it's crowded that week, and is there enough time to do the major rides in a day? I know they typically have reduced hours that time of year between the major holidays.. maybe something like 9-5 or 10-6. I'm concerned if 8 hours in the park is enough time. Also trying to decide if we want to do IOA and USO, just Islands, or if we'd have enough time to park hop and do just the top attractions (like 3-4) at each park in one day. Any advice appreciated! Off to go look for a Universal thread now as well... lol.
I don’t know how fixed your dates are, but have you looked at doing an Orlando Informer Meetup? They’re having them the weekend before Thanksgiving and then the first two weekends of December. Some dates are already sold out, but it’s worth looking into!

We’ve done Universal both ways - staying on-site with Express Passes and then the Orlando Informer Meetup. I wouldn’t do Universal aside from the Meetup again. It’s sooo fun to have empty parks (the HP areas can be busier than the rest, but no where near what they’re like during the day), and having unlimited free food and (non-alcoholic) drinks makes it really fun.

I was scared off by the “Meetup” title - but it’s really just a (very) limited capacity, after-hours event. Aside from the very simple check-in process, you never have to talk to or “meet up” with anyone else - your group can just do its own thing!

I don’t know how fixed your dates are, but have you looked at doing an Orlando Informer Meetup? They’re having them the weekend before Thanksgiving and then the first two weekends of December. Some dates are already sold out, but it’s worth looking into!

We’ve done Universal both ways - staying on-site with Express Passes and then the Orlando Informer Meetup. I wouldn’t do Universal aside from the Meetup again. It’s sooo fun to have empty parks (the HP areas can be busier than the rest, but no where near what they’re like during the day), and having unlimited free food and (non-alcoholic) drinks makes it really fun.

I was scared off by the “Meetup” title - but it’s really just a (very) limited capacity, after-hours event. Aside from the very simple check-in process, you never have to talk to or “meet up” with anyone else - your group can just do its own thing!
Wow, I will have to look into this because we will still be there for the 1st weekend in December... I just figured we'd go to the park during the week for less crowds. And I have heard of these before, but too was scared by the "Meetup", lol. I thought it would be going around the park in a group together, feeling awkward because I'm a shy person anyways, haha. Thank you so much! One of the reasons I love this thread so much is helpful people like you! :)

ETA: Ok I'm on their website now, about to book Fri Dec 3, LOL. I can't really tell from the info on the site... does one ticket include both parks??

Is this for a new booking? Airbnb GC can only be used on the initial payment.
Oh wow, thank you so much for this info! I was JUST about to buy a gift card on Staples for $500, and then pay the initial portion now (around $350), and I figured the remaining balance would be there for the second payment. Extremely good to know!! I think I'll just get enough for the initial payment then! Another amazingly helpful thing I've learned from the most wonderful people/board on the Dis :)

Last edited:
Wow, I will have to look into this because we will still be there for the 1st weekend in December... I just figured we'd go to the park during the week for less crowds. And I have heard of these before, but too was scared by the "Meetup", lol. I thought it would be going around the park in a group together, feeling awkward because I'm a shy person anyways, haha. Thank you so much! One of the reasons I love this thread so much is helpful people like you! :)

ETA: Ok I'm on their website now, about to book Fri Dec 3, LOL. I can't really tell from the info on the site... does one ticket include both parks??
The OI website lists rides in both parks...yes, it includes both. To answer your earlier question, we have been there from Thanksgiving through the weekend, and it was absolutely doable with express pass. I would think the week after would be less crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter