I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were to stay at a Hyatt hotel in Waikiki, which would you select? My original plan was to stay at the Royal Hawaiin but might not have enough points, will have to use Marriott points in Maui and Hyatt points in Oahu.

That's what I was thinking too! My DH is not a coaster fan, although he will probably do Velocicoaster since he's a JP fan. But I'd probably do Dr Doom and Hulk at least on single rider, as he will NOT ride those. I thought even about doing Hagrid's and Forbidden Journey in single rider, but have seen people say not to miss the queue on those.
Definitely don't do SR on Forbidden Journey if you are a HP fan. The castle is a huge part of the ride for me. Even when I have EP I stop in several of the rooms and let people pass me by to listen to the founders' portraits talk to each other, listen to Dumbledore's talk, and Harry, Ron, and Hermione. However, if it would save you an hour on Hagrid's, I would do that SR.

Well I just saw I got 4200 miles posted from the AA contest. But I also see there is 1600 "bonus miles" from my flight last week. The flight was 16k mile RT. So that's 10%. Not sure if my card rewards 10% (it used to) or if this is the "offer" they are giving me for missing the day of my trip. Sorry, but 1600 miles isn't a decent offer. The day before my flight I was offered a $400 voucher if I changed my flight. Then they cancelled it outright. I feel l should get the $400 or something equal.

We are scheduled to be there 7/3-11. Are you staying at the Hyatt? I assume you are. I hear the club/lounge is open there.

Yep I think we are 9/23-9/27. Although still considering switching to Baha Mar as well to check out the new waterpark Baha Bay.

Well I checked my email and it seems I was given $125 voucher and the 1600 miles (those aren't mentioned in the email). Not sure if it's worth arguing for more. I feel like $125 is what they give when you complain about any little thing (in other words, the bare minimum).

I applied for and was approved for the Barclays AA biz card on August 24, 2019 (closed October 23, 2020). Does anyone know (tagging @LilSweetPeaPhoto) when I am eligible to apply for a new one? I'd love another 65k AA miles!
Ha! Barclay Biz hated me! But according to FT some get it 2 years after opening prior. I feel some have even done 6 mos. The fine print does always say you're not eligible for a bonus, but it seems they don't really enforce that. I'm going to try for the personal again at some point. I have both. I need to decide which I'm going to keep and which I'm going to cancel.

I applied for and was approved for the Barclays AA biz card on August 24, 2019 (closed October 23, 2020). Does anyone know (tagging @LilSweetPeaPhoto) when I am eligible to apply for a new one? I'd love another 65k AA miles!
DP:
DH
First approval: 8/26/18Closed: 8/11/2020 Denied for second card: 2/19/2021
reason: You are not eligible for the bonus because you've had this card in the last 24 months.

If you were to stay at a Hyatt hotel in Waikiki, which would you select? My original plan was to stay at the Royal Hawaiin but might not have enough points, will have to use Marriott points in Maui and Hyatt points in Oahu.
where are you staying in Maui? I’m trying to plan out my hotels.

Dd wanted to take a coffee with her to work today, so I gave her the best travel mug we have, pictured below. She got a lot of compliments from her coworkers on her "retro" mug. I don't think it's retro, but then again it's probably 15 years or so years old. It is the only travel mug we have that doesn't spill liquid all over you when you try to take a drink.

Does anyone know if the Wilderness Lodge still has mugs like these?

Hi folks: when doing an MDD with Chase, is midnight the start of the next day? That's what the private site mentions, but the way it's worded it reads as more of general thought than concrete knowledge.

Well I checked my email and it seems I was given $125 voucher and the 1600 miles (those aren't mentioned in the email). Not sure if it's worth arguing for more. I feel like $125 is what they give when you complain about any little thing (in other words, the bare minimum).

Ha! Barclay Biz hated me! But according to FT some get it 2 years after opening prior. I feel some have even done 6 mos. The fine print does always say you're not eligible for a bonus, but it seems they don't really enforce that. I'm going to try for the personal again at some point. I have both. I need to decide which I'm going to keep and which I'm going to cancel.

Well I complained to AA due to the fiasco getting to Hawaii. They responded back this week with $50 flight credits for DH and DD. We use miles when we fly so I’m not even sure if I’ll have a use for it unless you can pay taxes with it or pay for a seat upgrade...

DP:
DH
First approval: 8/26/18Closed: 8/11/2020Denied for second card: 2/19/2021
reason: You are not eligible for the bonus because you've had this card in the last 24 months.

I applied for AA biz last week. I got a we need more time message. I’ve been checking the site daily but nothing.
I applied for personal Barclay 10/31/2018, closed on 12/13/2019. Applied again 1/1/2021 and was instantly approved. Received both subs. Maybe I wasn’t approved for the business card because of the personal approval in January???
Just wish they’d make up their mind lol We are saving for flight to Alaska (this is our last state we have to visit as a family!) and I don’t want to waste a slot for DH on a AA card if I don’t need to!

Well I complained to AA due to the fiasco getting to Hawaii. They responded back this week with $50 flight credits for DH and DD. We use miles when we fly so I’m not even sure if I’ll have a use for it unless you can pay taxes with it or pay for a seat upgrade...

I applied for AA biz last week. I got a we need more time message. I’ve been checking the site daily but nothing.
I applied for personal Barclay 10/31/2018, closed on 12/13/2019. Applied again 1/1/2021 and was instantly approved. Received both subs. Maybe I wasn’t approved for the business card because of the personal approval in January???
Just wish they’d make up their mind lol We are saving for flight to Alaska (this is our last state we have to visit as a family!) and I don’t want to waste a slot for DH on a AA card if I don’t need to!

I went back and looked. When I was stranded in CLT back in 2019 (for 7 hours overnight) they gave me $150 voucher. And I know I got points back as well. This delay was over 12 hours. I'm not sure if I want to go for more. I fly AA on a combo of points and paying. It would be nice if I could cancel my flight in August and rebuy it using the credit. GRRRR. But I'm sure it costs more and I bought flights for all 3 of us. I was talking with the BF and he thinks I should get more back. But he also agrees with me that they have sooooooo many probably complaining, I might not get anything else.

I had an awesome stay on business at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki. Awesome location directly across from Duke Beach and close to the boardwalk. Views were amazing.

I had an awesome stay on business at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki. Awesome location directly across from Duke Beach and close to the boardwalk. Views were amazing.

I'd agree, it's a great location but that's all I can comment on since I stayed there in 2002. We had a great ocean view. But I was also there for work so didn't do anything at the hotel other than use the room. We had all of our meals at other hotels or restaurants. Was back when I worked for Apple Vacations and we were on a fam.

I'd agree, it's a great location but that's all I can comment on since I stayed there in 2002. We had a great ocean view. But I was also there for work so didn't do anything at the hotel other than use the room. We had all of our meals at other hotels or restaurants. Was back when I worked for Apple Vacations and we were on a fam.
I was leaning Hyatt Place for the free breakfast but then someone on Reddit mentioned the Regency club, so I think that will be the winner. We have 4 club passes so it will work perfect. Just need to find a cheaper parking garage, $50/night is crazy.

Yep I think we are 9/23-9/27. Although still considering switching to Baha Mar as well to check out the new waterpark Baha Bay.
The water park looks cool. But I’d never pick the Baha Mar over Aruba. Just my 2cents. We did Baha Mar a few years ago. Liked the pools but that’s about it.

I was leaning Hyatt Place for the free breakfast but then someone on Reddit mentioned the Regency club, so I think that will be the winner. We have 4 club passes so it will work perfect. Just need to find a cheaper parking garage, $50/night is crazy.

Is there a reason for the car? It's not needed in Waikiki at all. If you are planning to go to the north shore or up to the Polynesian cultural village it might make more sense to see if you can rent the car within Waikiki just for the days you need. Most everything is walking and The Bus is a good way to get around, their public transit. I did pearl harbor via a city tour that picked up near where I was staying, both for transportation, to see other stuff and because that way I didn't have to worry about getting tickets to stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter