I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends, I've been thinking of you and wanted to post. I broke my shoulder last week. Was on a run and fell badly. So I'm in a sling for six weeks.

Things have been nutty but now I'm feeling a bit better and ready to catch up here. :crutches:
My heart goes out to you, get well soon! :flower3:

Friends, I've been thinking of you and wanted to post. I broke my shoulder last week. Was on a run and fell badly. So I'm in a sling for six weeks.

Things have been nutty but now I'm feeling a bit better and ready to catch up here. :crutches:
I'm so sorry. That's terrible. Hope you heal quickly.

Maybe others already know this, but I thought this was an interesting data point. A friend applied for the CSP using my support link. She got a denial letter yesterday, and the only reason for the denial was because she’d gotten a Sapphire bonus in the last 48 months. I feel like there have been questions in the past about whether you could get approved but then just not get the bonus after making the spend (which would be worse, IMO) - looks like you’ll just get denied.

Attachments

• 3EFC24B4-C8CD-4FE0-926B-6892FD3D35E8.jpeg
    3EFC24B4-C8CD-4FE0-926B-6892FD3D35E8.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 14
Maybe others already know this, but I thought this was an interesting data point. A friend applied for the CSP using my support link. She got a denial letter yesterday, and the only reason for the denial was because she’d gotten a Sapphire bonus in the last 48 months. I feel like there have been questions in the past about whether you could get approved but then just not get the bonus after making the spend (which would be worse, IMO) - looks like you’ll just get denied.
I had thought you didn't qualify if you've gotten the bonus within last 48 months,isn't that the standard rule?

Went to place an order on Saks this morning. It was $17 over the $50 plat credit so I got out a gc that (I thought) had $15.xx left on it but when I entered it, the website said balance was 0. Looking at previous orders I saw I had labeled the wrong gc as having a balance left. I bought my son’s girlfriend (they just got married last weekend! So now my daughter-in-law) a pair of leather gloves for Christmas using 3 gift cards in Dec 2019 and I’d saved the wrong card. I was able to find the correct card by digging through my box of used cards I keep by the desktop computer. Can’t believe I actually found the right card! I guess it pays to not get rid of old cards. $15 isn’t much in “Saks money”, but I’m thrilled to have been able to correct my mistake. :cool1:

I just saw that between DH and I we have the $5 cash back on $50 Walmart Grocery pick up orders on 4 cards. That one is an easy one for me to use as I do grocery pick up once a week!

I am (not so) patiently waiting until Tuesday to do my CSP application. I PC'd my CSR last Wednesday so I'll be past the 4 days at that point. I really need a new MSR, I've spent too much lately without getting big rewards for it!

I just booked our Spring Break trip and we are going to Madeira, Portugal. It was a total impulse booking, the tickets were cheap and then I read a blog post about Madeira and it sealed the deal. DH was laughing at my process but then I reminded him that some of our best trips were booked on a whim when I found cheap tickets! I payed cash for plane tickets (great price) but I'm trying to figure out what other parts of the trip I can book on points.

Was it Chase or Amex that has the $5 for Walmart grocery? I just went through all our cards a couple days ago to check offers. Honestly sometimes it’s exhausting going through each card when you have so many cards! Especially with Amex because we have to add offers to keep them below 100, right?- so new ones can be added?

Was it Chase or Amex that has the $5 for Walmart grocery? I just went through all our cards a couple days ago to check offers. Honestly sometimes it’s exhausting going through each card when you have so many cards! Especially with Amex because we have to add offers to keep them below 100, right?- so new ones can be added?

Chase has the $5 for Walmart! Yes, it is exhausting keeping track of everything!

It's Chase. I have it 5 times and I won't use it as I don't do Walmart grocery. I do have La Madeleine and I think that sounds like lunch.

Heading back to VA. No issues paying for the dog. Of course my flight was supposed to depart right when Air Force one landed so basically we are stuck.

Cherry Festival! Makes me want cherry pie, which I haven't had in years.

Hope you get in the air soon.

Last edited:
So my week took a turn I wasn't expecting. I saw on Tik Tok that many leases have equity w/ the insane used market. So I looked into mine. I have a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Carvana was offering me $29k (of course that was before seeing it). To buy my lease was about $22k.

I decided to look into what my local dealerships would offer. I should add my jeep had grill damage and a HUGE scratch down the entire drivers side, plus dents. They also said I would likely have to buy new tires at trade in (May 2022). I managed to get a new 2021 Jeep, which about $2k more in features (safety stuff so nothing exciting). They offered to "pay off" all the damage and give me the exact same payment/deal (15k miles, 36mos). I had to put $1k down (yay, money towards my CIU MSR). I call it a win....I had damage I was going to need fixed somehow. The pricing I got for my current lease (2019) was employee pricing. I have NO leads on employee pricing! So I was looking at $70/mo more on the current leasing offers. I was ready to walk when the sales manager said if I took the Jeep right then I could have it! So I may have lost out on some equity, but I made up for that loss by keeping the same employee pricing and not having to worry about the damage. I kinda wish I knew how much the grill and scratch would have costed me to fix. But I'm going to assuming at least $2k.

Also in good news, we finally got a new contract w/ raises! My district hasn't had a payscale raise since 2009! They were only giving step raises. I finally will hit the top of the scale, so I'm getting about a $7k raise for next year. I took a freeze this past year, so it'll be nice to have more in the budget! We also managed to get a 1% raise for the next 3 years. My "3 highest years" towards my pension will now be higher and result in at least $3k/yr more, if I retire in 3 years. And nice knowing I now have 3 more years of a Jeep payment under $400, LOL.

Oh and my credit score was 802! So I'm back over 800, LOL.

DH got a letter in the mail reminding him that the CSR fee will be $550 when it hits 9/1. He is due for a Global entry renewal so we will definitely keep it. My GE is also expiring, and I was looking around for a low fee card that covers it. I have had the Capital One Venture card before, any experience on whether you can get a 2nd sign up bonus on that one? The language says previous holders 'may not be eligible' for the SUB.

Looks like it has been 3 years since I got it last. Guess I would break even on the GE even if not SUB. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:
Quick question...if I used Delta miles thru Delta to book a trip to London on Virgin Atlantic and I use am Amex platinum card (with Delta as my preferred airline) to pay for extra luggage, will I get a credit or will it go through as a Virgin charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter