I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you want to stay at a Marriott in Jan 2023 I would go for the Marriott Biz, but I wouldn’t meet the MSR until January so the certificates don’t expire Jan 2023 maybe Feb 2023 depending on how fast the certificates post. I would also get the Platinum card, for P2 since the MSR is 6 months but I would try to hold of until late November to triple dip the benefits in case you want to cancel/downgrade the card after the first year.
That is great feedback. I had no idea on the timeline for the Marriott FNC's. The only thing is I would probably want the Platinum for me as I am more likely to travel than P2 and would be more likely to use travel benefits.

I think this is new, I don't recall reading it anywhere. Amex Plat monthly Walmart+ credit. I don't use Walmart+ and will be canceling the card so not sure I'm going to use this. There was a notice at the top of the page when I logged in, details are under Benefits.

"You can receive a statement credit for the Walmart+ monthly membership fee ($12.95 + applicable taxes) when you use your U.S. Consumer Platinum Card to pay for your Walmart+ monthly membership."

Yup, I have 3 MAR BV AX Business Anv FNA to 35K with 3 expiration dates starting 10/5/22

And I'm expecting one! Of to see whether mine arrived.

edit: found 3, lol....doubt this will last!
  • MAR BV AX Business Anv FNA up to 35k ptsExpires: 10/05/2022

• MAR BV AX Business Anv FNA up to 35k ptsExpires: 10/06/2022

• MAR BV AX Business Anv FNA up to 35k ptsExpires: 10/07/2022
edit again:

DD got 4 - 2 for today plus 1 for 5th and 6th.

Last edited:
I think this is new, I don't recall reading it anywhere. Amex Plat monthly Walmart+ credit. I don't use Walmart+ and will be canceling the card so not sure I'm going to use this. There was a notice at the top of the page when I logged in, details are under Benefits.

"You can receive a statement credit for the Walmart+ monthly membership fee ($12.95 + applicable taxes) when you use your U.S. Consumer Platinum Card to pay for your Walmart+ monthly membership."

View attachment 611057

Got a 1 time credit of 1500mr on my gold.

Offer merchant logo

Spend $12.95+ by 12/31/21 get 1,500 Membership Rewards® pts. Enroll by 10/31/21
Walmart +
EXPIRES
12/31/2021

And I'm expecting one! Of to see whether mine arrived.

edit: found 3, lol....doubt this will last!
  • MAR BV AX Business Anv FNA up to 35k ptsExpires: 10/05/2022

• MAR BV AX Business Anv FNA up to 35k ptsExpires: 10/06/2022

• MAR BV AX Business Anv FNA up to 35k ptsExpires: 10/07/2022
edit again:

DD got 4 - 2 for today plus 1 for 5th and 6th.
Oh wow, I guess since it is happening to lots they’ll be revoked soon.

I got the same on my Amex Every Day...but have no interest in Walmart+.

No use for it here.

In Florida I actually bought groceries at Walmart, while on vacation.

Here, never. If there are stores similar to what I went to in Florida, I haven't seen them here near me, but there are limited groceries at Target also.

I'm more likely to do Safeway, Giant, Costco, Sam's, Aldi, Shopper's, Wegman's, Trader Joe's.

I always feel like such a noob asking questions here - I promise I've traveled alot all over the world. I've never been on a cruise but this cruise sounds fabulous and I'm thinking of booking it. The NCL website has a bunch of offers - free open bar, free premium dining, free excursions and free wifi plus 30% off each fare, reduced deposits. I would love to get the Amex Plat cruise perks in addition. Will a travel agent be able to get those offers plus the Amex plat cruise perks? It doesn't seem that there is any negative to booking now for $500 deposit for 4 of us. The ship is gorgeous and I think my kids would love both the ship and the ports of call.

I feel the same way. Still a n00b. We took a DCL cruise with a similar itinerary in 2018 and loved it so much we signed up again for the 2020 one (which was canceled). Yes, it's an amazing itinerary, and the ports of call are really beautiful. Since many far North towns were historically fishing villages, you dock pretty much at the center of the town, which makes this destination ideal for cruising. I'm so tempted...

NCL offers these kinds of promos basically all the time, it's not as great as it might sound lol. The 30% off is off of some inflated rate that I don't think anybody pays. Drinks package, you have to pay about $22 in gratuities per person per day. If you take it, the first 2 people in the cabin have to take it (can't just do it for 1). The specialty dining, you get 3 for 7 days cruises and 4 for the 11 day I'm doing. Gratuity is $23/person (total not per day) for the 4 restaurant package. Only the first 2 people in the cabin get it. Though last time, the kids were able to order off of the kids menu (same menu as at the main dining rooms). The "free excursions" is only $50 off for the first passenger, you can use it once per port. We had this last time and didn't even use it since ship excursions are so overpriced. I think it would only be useful if there was some special excursion that you had to go through the ship.

I did a Cruise Compete quote. Ended up being about 12% off of the base fare for first 2 passengers (kids was some small discount). $150 OBC that wasn't on the quote was a nice surprise. Plus the Amex plat perks. All stacks!

Fully refundable. If price drops, you can ask for a refare. They're offering free air for the second passenger now. So I find usually that means they inflate the price some. So it might go down. But then new ship, so maybe not. We didn't take the free air since you can't control the flight times and can only stay 1 or 2 nights pre and post cruise.

ETA: The Amex plat perk doesn't work on the sailaway rate and might not work on group rates. My parents' cabin was going to be a group rate for a slightly better price, but then the TA ended up switching to the regular rate since it worked out better. I think you do have to pay the deposit with a plat. Feels like it works the same as FHR - pay deposit with plat, then can pay rest with any Amex.

Thanks for your insights. I haven't sailed with anyone other than Disney before (but totally open to trying other lines). What are the Plat Cruise benefits (yes, N00B here)? I know we booked several cruises with a platinum card but don't recall getting anything special.

Thanks for your insights. I haven't sailed with anyone other than Disney before (but totally open to trying other lines). What are the Plat Cruise benefits (yes, N00B here)? I know we booked several cruises with a platinum card but don't recall getting anything special.

It's my first time using the perk as I just figured it out lol. It's not an automatic thing just for booking with a plat. You can go through Amex Travel (usually not as good a deal) or a TA that participates in the program. With the TA, they fill out this online form and then get a code that they have to get attached to the booking. Perks are $100 OBC inside/OV, $200 balcony, $300 suite, plus an amenity. NCL's amenity is dinner for 2 at Le Bistro. I don't think it's been announced yet if the Prima will even have a Le Bistro, so I guess that remains to be seen what we'll get lol.

You can see all the participating cruise lines under the cruise part of Amex Travel. Not surprisingly, DCL is not one of them.

I have never had an AMEX plat, so I am all good on any potential issues :-)
Neither have I. This morning I got yet another email for platinum offer. I cant' even
use the points i have now lol. Maybe next year...or year after.

Shame on what is going on though.

I don't have any Walmart stores near me. Do they carry a lot of gift cards? Just trying to figure out how to maximize my Q4...

Can someone remind me where they store Disney GCs? I was using disneygiftcard dot com and I believe they shut that down. I need somewhere to store my stash (dh just brought my physical Disney gcs back from Florida).

He also brought my mail and my new Ink card has now arrived. Now to try to meet the MSR (dd's tuition was due last week and that was supposed to be a large chunk of it).

Can someone remind me where they store Disney GCs? I was using disneygiftcard dot com and I believe they shut that down. I need somewhere to store my stash (dh just brought my physical Disney gcs back from Florida).

He also brought my mail and my new Ink card has now arrived. Now to try to meet the MSR (dd's tuition was due last week and that was supposed to be a large chunk of it).
You should not store your gift cards online, those accounts are easily hacked, and you won't get the funds back.
I use the site to combine my cards into large balance physical cards, then delete them from the website.

You should not store your gift cards online, those accounts are easily hacked, and you won't get the funds back.
I use the site to combine my cards into large balance physical cards, then delete them from the website.
Those accounts are easily hacked-
We've had a couple reports of people screaming on the DIS their disney accounts got hacked over the last like 5 years but that's it, never large scale and I don't think anyone legitimately managed to lay the blame at Disney's feet. While I understand not wanting to store your cards because you're concerned you will get hacked I do think it's an important clarification that the Disney Gift Card website itself is no more easily hacked than other websites.

Won't get the funds back-
While there is a chance you won't get the funds back this is not a cut and dry fact. Not getting the funds back depends entirely on the situation and your speed in reporting the stolen funds to Disney. Disney can track where the funds went, we know they can track even when funds are transferred to other gift cards, and as long as merchandise hasn't walked out a Disney door you should ultimately get your funds back. This is an important clarification because in the event someone does have their gift card funds lost/stolen they need to know there is a chance to get their money back but they need to call Disney gc ASAP.

Thinking about trying to use the AmEx Plat airline credits. Does charging the $5.60 for the taxes on a points booking on Southwest qualify? If so, that will eat a bit of it up, but I don't remember reading that those trigger the credit, so I'm guessing this won't help me any.

It's my first time using the perk as I just figured it out lol. It's not an automatic thing just for booking with a plat. You can go through Amex Travel (usually not as good a deal) or a TA that participates in the program. With the TA, they fill out this online form and then get a code that they have to get attached to the booking. Perks are $100 OBC inside/OV, $200 balcony, $300 suite, plus an amenity. NCL's amenity is dinner for 2 at Le Bistro. I don't think it's been announced yet if the Prima will even have a Le Bistro, so I guess that remains to be seen what we'll get lol.

You can see all the participating cruise lines under the cruise part of Amex Travel. Not surprisingly, DCL is not one of them.
Thanks for all your advice!! I've spent an unholy amount of time looking at booking through amex, cruisecompete, ncl and now I HAVE BOOKED THE CRUISE. I booked for the 6 of us which gives my (then) 2 college kids plenty of time to plan.

My dad was a huge traveler - he was never happier than when planning then being on a trip. We all inherited that from him. He died a month ago from a terrible cancer and I know he would love this itinerary. He discovered cruising late in life (which is why I've never been on a cruise) and he discovered Norway on his last cruise so I saw the itinerary and I knew that should be our inaugural cruise. And I know he would have asked to tag along (which we would have gladly agreed to).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter