I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you both for your advice. I already purchased the kids ticket from Alaska Airline as I had to firm those up so they can request time off from work. Now that I'm emotionally calmer...lol. this morning I will purchase one way from Boston to Oahu for boyfriend and I on same flight as kids. and then will look into flying Hawaiian from Oahu to Boston with miles. I know Hawaiian is increasing my points needed for a flight base on my account. My boyfriend and I sat side by side and logged into our separate account and priced the same itinerary and my flights cost more points and cash than his.

Are you always looking at the price of one ticket? Did you both search for the ticket and he finish first? Not sure how Hawaiian does their point pricing but it's entirely possible if you are searching at the same time and he's getting through the process first that he's getting the last ticket at the lower cost.

Not all reward seats on the same plane will cost the same just as purchased seats won't cost the same.

What happens if you search for two seats on one account. If they add up to the two different milage prices you see rather than double the lower amount it's due to only 1 flight seat at the lower cost.

If they are double the lower y ou could try searching in incognito without logging into your account or using a totally different computer. You could clear cookies.

Is there any benefit in creating SW RR numbers for my kiddos (ages 2-11) who will be flying exclusively on RR points for the next few trips? One of the kids will be P2's companion if it makes any difference.

DP: AmEx personal plat AF offer: spend $4k get $550 credit or 55,000 MRs or $150 credit no spend.

Can't commit to $4k spend with new CIU $7,500 spend, so didn't accept offer. Will try to cb another time and see if there's another offer available.

There's also a 40k with $3000 spend offer out there. But I haven't seen any reports of high no spend offers like there were last year.

Hello! I have a question about purchasing Disneyland tickets using a Capital One card. I recently saw a very vague post on social media about how one woman buys her tickets through a travel agency using a Capital One card (she didn’t specify which) with points. She said they were laid entirely with points. Of course I’m having difficulty finding any more info on this, so I was hoping you kind Disney and award travel loving folks would have some insight.
1) Which card would allow me to do this? I currently have zero Capital One products.
2) is this possible to also do with Disney World tickets?
3) Do you all have any other “hacks” to purchase tickets using points?
I have some large purchases coming up this summer so I’m hoping to open up a new card that would let me buy tickets to Disney if possible.
Cap One Venture miles can be used on any travel purchase. Buying tickets through Undercover Tourist codes as travel, so if you purchase there, you can then erase that charge with your miles.
Citi Thank You points can also be used for Disney tickets by calling the Travel points center and buying that way. The Citi Premier card is at 60k bonus sign up right now though it's been higher.
I will say I'm currently struggling to get expired tickets replaced from both UCT and Citi so I can't recommend either right now. Citi however has done a better job so far, it's Disney being difficult. UCT however gave me no help, in fact gave me incorrect phone number to even call and washed their hands of it. I definitely won't buy through them again.

Totally stupid question but where can you see AU cards for Chase personal accounts? I see on my biz and I have no AU on personal but I'm trying to see my sister's AU on moms account

How long is normal for time between statement close and RR showing up in sw account? My statement closed on the 18th (w/ 100k+ and enough to reach CP) and still no points... FWIW, statement closed previous 2 months on 18th and points were in RR account on 18th and 19th...

It took 4 days for mine. Hope you see yours today!

Hi! Not new to the “points game” but first time trying to hack Disney with it. We have 500k UR & 230 MR. Trying to piece together flights (delta looks to be best redemption now) and a stay - staying on site bc it’s a short trip and I’d like to take advantage of EME. Looking for a card to help offset the tickets (probably purchasing from somewhere other than Disney). Before I would just purchase gift cards at a discount.
Currently :
P1 : 7/19 - Chase Freedom unlimited (downgraded from Chase Sapphire Preferred
12/19 - Chase Ink Business Preferred (closed after first year)
4/20- Chase Ink Cash
01/21 - Chase Ink Unlimited

P2 - 2/24
05/19 - Chase Sapphire Preferred
10/19 - Chase Ink Business Preferred (closed)
1/20 - SW biz (closed)
1/20!- SW p
11/20 - Chase Ink Cash
4/21 - Chase ink unlimited
7/21 - Chase Freedom Flex
7/21 - Amex Platinum

My Thoughts : Citi Premiere & Delta (one with waived fees). This will get us a little to use as cash back and pad the delta account a little bit (otherwise I have to transfer almost all MR to delta for our 5 tickets)

OR church one of the Chase Ink (I don’t see the 24 months verbiage anymore). But do I need to cancel it before I get another? I thought I remembered reading that you don’t have to for the business cards.

basically we need 230k points for delta flights (I know but we have very specific times due to work and a medical appt that we’re working this trip around), around $1200-$1500 for lodging (this would be UR), and then $2600-$3500 for tickets (my parents may be coming). I don’t what to drain all 500k UR and can pay some cash for tickets but I would rather save cash for meals, incidentals, etc.

Also - would it be worth it to buy tickets through Disney if I get the GC at staples for 5x points? It looks like it’s $150 less to buy from UC.

I would look at the Cap One Venture X Card. Spend is $10,000 but you get 6 months. All purchases are 2x Points. Then if you can - refer to the other one for 20,000 points and do it again. Just did this for DH and I. Not sure what I will use them for but nice to be able to use for any travel and then just erase the points. So, you could buy tickets at like UCT and then erase the points (has to code as travel). It does come with a $395 fee but you get $300 reimbursed on any travel booked through the Cap 1 travel site (could even use this for one of the Delta flights...). Also comes with other perks - so you may want to research and see if this would be a good fit.

I have about 5 personal Chase cards and 3 Chase Biz cards. Plus checking and saving.
I had to get my CSR replaced bc it wasn’t swiping well.
Never received the replacement so they cancelled that CSR number and gave me a new one. However, now I can only see my Chase offers for the checking debit card, the new CSR, and sometimes biz cards. My other 4 personal cards don’t exist on the offer drop down.
I sent a SM and the personal messages back that it means I have no offers in those cards. Um no .I had a bunch on them and even if those all disappeared I should still see the cards on the drop down menu.
How do I get this fixed?

Last edited:
Cap One Venture miles can be used on any travel purchase. Buying tickets through Undercover Tourist codes as travel, so if you purchase there, you can then erase that charge with your miles.
Citi Thank You points can also be used for Disney tickets by calling the Travel points center and buying that way. The Citi Premier card is at 60k bonus sign up right now though it's been higher.
I will say I'm currently struggling to get expired tickets replaced from both UCT and Citi so I can't recommend either right now. Citi however has done a better job so far, it's Disney being difficult. UCT however gave me no help, in fact gave me incorrect phone number to even call and washed their hands of it. I definitely won't buy through them again.

Thank you both! I haven’t checked the Reddit referral links yet, but would you say 60,000 SUB miles/points is a good time to apply for either of these cards? That’s what I’m seeing online. Idk if the referral links will offer anything different.

Also, I’m guessing I’ll wind up with 70,000 miles/points once the spend has hit. Am I right in thinking that will give me about $1200 to spend on Disney tickets?

Is there any benefit in creating SW RR numbers for my kiddos (ages 2-11) who will be flying exclusively on RR points for the next few trips? One of the kids will be P2's companion if it makes any difference.
I have RR numbers for all my kids. There may not be an advantage when paying with points, but I feel like you never know when you might end up paying with a LUV voucher or a gift card or even cash if it comes down to it. I recently transferred points out of my kids accounts and they each had about 6k points- so it wasn't a lot, but worth more than nothing.

*Points can be earned from qualifying flights, including flights booked and flown through Southwest and flights paid entirely with dollars, Southwest LUV Vouchers, gift cards or travel funds, and with no portion of the purchase price paid for with Rapid Rewards points.

Last year I finally created a tab in my cc spreadsheet that has all of our known traveler ids, passport/expirations, and loyalty program numbers. It has made booking travel much, much easier.

I got an email to upgrade my Wells Fargo card to the active cash. Says it would keep my same card #. Would that count towards the 5/24? Is there any reason not to do it?

In my opinion, it’s more of a pain to give them their own accounts. Some people will book an individual ticket for each person in their party bc it may wind up that there is a single ticket discounted on your dates. If you have a group, you can’t take advantage of that one available discount. However, I find that it is such a hassle to check all the individuals in, that the few (in my experience, it’s only been a couple hundred points difference at most) points you’ll wind up saving just aren’t worth it.
I find it much easier to book my kids with me, although I typically book DH separately.

Since you’re booking on points, this won’t matter, but the one time we paid with gift cards and had to cancel, it was kind of a pain because my kids didn’t have their own RR points. DH and my son have the same name, so things got screwed up. It was worked out in the end but took a while on the phone. Again, it doesn’t matter purely with points, but if you were going to do cash, this could be an issue. Otherwise, it’s not worth it in my opinion.

In my opinion, it’s more of a pain to give them their own accounts. Some people will book an individual ticket for each person in their party bc it may wind up that there is a single ticket discounted on your dates. If you have a group, you can’t take advantage of that one available discount. However, I find that it is such a hassle to check all the individuals in, that the few (in my experience, it’s only been a couple hundred points difference at most) points you’ll wind up saving just aren’t worth it.
I find it much easier to book my kids with me, although I typically book DH separately.

Since you’re booking on points, this won’t matter, but the one time we paid with gift cards and had to cancel, it was kind of a pain because my kids didn’t have their own RR points. DH and my son have the same name, so things got screwed up. It was worked out in the end but took a while on the phone. Again, it doesn’t matter purely with points, but if you were going to do cash, this could be an issue. Otherwise, it’s not worth it in my opinion.
You can book your kids with you even if they have their own RR numbers. You don’t have to book separately

Okay caught back up on everything. I got to spend a lovely weekend in Indy at my son's hockey tournament. Good news is, they won! Bad news....I don't know why people love Hyatt! We just stayed at a terrible one. The elevator was broken, they had to shut the water off for 1/2 the day due to a repair, and it was on the highway and had NO noise reduction, so I didn't sleep for 3 days! The carpet was stained red, and the TV didn't work. And because it was a hockey tournament I overpaid for the room AND they couldn't move us because it was sold out. Grrrrr! We stayed at a Hyatt Place. The last Hyatt Place we stayed at (in Miami) was just as bad. It's confirmed my loyalty to other brands.

I'm $1200 away from hitting the $8k FNC for the Surpass. I'm trying to figure out today how to hit that. I definitely want to make a push w/ how close I am to hitting the spend.

And I finally I think figure out where to go this week. I'm trying my hand at non-revving w/o the BF tomorrow. Sadly that means trying to get on a flight at 6:20am, LOL. Which also means getting to FLL at 9:30am! After lots of debating, I decided the Marriott FNC weren't worth using for this. So I'm going to try using Hilton points. Fingers Crossed the hotel I want is still available tomorrow morning when/if I get on the flight. The 6:20am flight was the only one tomorrow not oversold. So I guess I'll make it all work. If nothing else, there seem to be a few hotel options I can book. Just bummed the trip will be solo.

As for the Marriott FNCs....I figured maybe I can use them on a trip w/ the kids over spring break. Might drive to Chicago if the weather is nice since airfare is $$$. Or I could use them on a trip to Nashville w/ the BF (been on our list of places to go for awhile), etc. I just don't like that anything I found had crazy parking or resort fees. UGH.

I hate my overthinking and feeling I need to get a great redemption. Funny thing is, my IHG points I used almost exclusively for Holiday Inn Express, LOL. Though I do try and get a max redemption from the IHG FNC too, LOL.

im like that too, but FNC were the only ways for me to stay at high end inspirational property that i would never book myself into. used 2 50k at a Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay and Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel. i still ended up paying a $100 for resort fee and parking fee but rooms being at $800+ a night, i would never ever book a night there on cash.
Yeah, If I wasn't solo on this trip, I'd be more okay w/ extra fees. But since I'm solo, it kinda seems like a waste of use. Maybe I'll look at some Ritz locations, w/ the BF as they do fly to Jamaica, LOL.

LOL....My internet patience is very thin this morning, in addition to my Hawaiian Miles saga, I've been trying to get Paul McCartney concert tixs for my boyfriend's bday in June with no luck. Now I understand why people resort to secondary market.
Keep checking. Tickets drop out of carts all day long. Plus I feel like more show up after the initial sale and not $$$$. This is from years of buying Buffett tickets which used to sell out in 30 secs, LOL. I know my sister got tickets for NYC this morning. Also if you can wait, just before the concert lots of seats will show up. This happened last week here w/ Elton John. Lots of face value seats from TM were released, and even better, the "resale" listing prices dropped! My DD and ex got seats $100 less than face value!

I Know this has been been discussed before, but what app do you use for budgeting/tracking? I still use Dave Ramsey's Everydollar App, it is easy to use and I like the way the budget part is set up. But I'm trying to figure out if there are better options. I never liked YNAB, I just couldn't figure it out.

Agree. Just find it to be a hassle if there isn’t a reward coming back for it.
How so? other than the initial setting up the account. After that the RR # is always there when you book the flight. I've never had to re-enter it after the 1st time. Just like I never have to re-enter my KTN. I set mine up for the occasions when we do have to book cash flights. Yeah, eventually, we'd have to book seperate when it's time to use the points they've accumulated, but by then they'll be teenagers and it won't be a big deal for us all to check in

How so? other than the initial setting up the account. After that the RR # is always there when you book the flight. I've never had to re-enter it after the 1st time. Just like I never have to re-enter my KTN. I set mine up for the occasions when we do have to book cash flights. Yeah, eventually, we'd have to book seperate when it's time to use the points they've accumulated, but by then they'll be teenagers and it won't be a big deal for us all to check in
How do you get everyone’s RR number to populate when making a book grouping? I can only ever get it to populate my info. That would save me so much copy and pasting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter