I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I have to have DH call Chase to transfer URs from his account to mine the first time or can it be done via SM?

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay near Haleakala National Park on Maui? We really want to see the sunrise but if I am searching correctly, there are no convenient hotels to the NP.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay near Haleakala National Park on Maui? We really want to see the sunrise but if I am searching correctly, there are no convenient hotels to the NP.
I think people recommend staying in Upcountry (Kula or Makawao areas). Depending where you are coming for, you may want to do it on one of your first couple mornings there, while you are still adjusting to the time change.

I personally wouldn’t stay in a different area for one night.

If doing a sunrise tour is feasible for you, generally the tour companies come and pick you up at your hotel/condo (around 2:30am IIRC). It's been ages since DH and I did the sunrise tour (and then downhill on bikes), but we drove to the summit of Haleakala in 2019 during the middle of the day and visibility was terrible from the rain and clouds (Siri kept telling us to take an immediate right, and we were like that's a CLIFF Siri!) so I can't imagine the drive at night - there are no streetlights to light the road.

Hello!
I've been lurking and learning from you all for a couple months. Applied for SW Plus, immediate approval on 2/10/22. on 2/11 I called to have card expedited (surprise tires) and it arrived on 2/14. Several days later, I received the original card, same number, no problem. However - yesterday I received ANOTHER card, different number - but still with my name and correct RR account on the back.

What to do? Ignore? I do not see this card in my online account, but I have plans inspired by you all for my next several cards. I don't want this muck up my X/24 count.

Thanks for your advice.
Wendy

Hello!
I've been lurking and learning from you all for a couple months. Applied for SW Plus, immediate approval on 2/10/22. on 2/11 I called to have card expedited (surprise tires) and it arrived on 2/14. Several days later, I received the original card, same number, no problem. However - yesterday I received ANOTHER card, different number - but still with my name and correct RR account on the back.

What to do? Ignore? I do not see this card in my online account, but I have plans inspired by you all for my next several cards. I don't want this muck up my X/24 count.

Thanks for your advice.
Wendy
It’s probably fine but I’d check your credit report and make sure it’s not listed there

This may be a really stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway. I'm looking at booking a flight through the Chase portal using my CSR points. The flight is on Delta and there is an option that says "refundable." Does this mean if I cancel I'll get my URs back or does it turn into Delta points?

Got an odd email today saying my Hyatt reservation in 2 weeks was changed. But I can’t figure what was changed on it and I didn’t initiate a change. Anyone ever see this before? I guess I could call to see what happened. Dates are still the same so not too worried. It almost seems like a reminder note and not a change note.

This will be my first Globalist stay. What if anything should I get? Pretty sure I should get breakfast and club access. There is a note on the website for the hotel that club access rooms are not available. Maybe that means the club lounge is not open? Should I get something else like a dining credit if it isn’t open? Should I ask for an upgrade at checkin?

Sounds like I am greedy. This is probably the only time I’ll be globalist and staying at a really nice place. Just want to maximize my perks.

I also noticed my free night dropped on 2/19. About 6 weeks after my AF posted.

I'm using the amex.point.me to try to figure out if there is a cheaper easier way to book 4 JAL tickets in J for next summer. Anyone know if it's really possible to use Hawaiian Airlines to book JAL? I know we'll have to pay some fees, but I'm hoping it's not the $224 from CX or BA.
Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 6.51.03 PM.png

Got an odd email today saying my Hyatt reservation in 2 weeks was changed. But I can’t figure what was changed on it and I didn’t initiate a change. Anyone ever see this before? I guess I could call to see what happened. Dates are still the same so not too worried. It almost seems like a reminder note and not a change note.

This will be my first Globalist stay. What if anything should I get? Pretty sure I should get breakfast and club access. There is a note on the website for the hotel that club access rooms are not available. Maybe that means the club lounge is not open? Should I get something else like a dining credit if it isn’t open? Should I ask for an upgrade at checkin?

Sounds like I am greedy. This is probably the only time I’ll be globalist and staying at a really nice place. Just want to maximize my perks.

I also noticed my free night dropped on 2/19. About 6 weeks after my AF posted.

I've gotten a couple of those change e-mails. One I think it's because we were Explorist when I made the reservation. The change e-mail showed the Globalist status.

If the club is open, then you'll have access. I think many still aren't though. If it's not open, then usually breakfast in the hotel restaurant. They might put a dollar limit, which may or may not be enforced.

I've had upgrades show up in the app the night before and morning of. You're entitled to a standard suite if one is available at check-in. If there's a particular room type or view I want, I'll e-mail ahead of time and ask nicely. Some hotels will e-mail or text ahead of time to ask if there's anything you need.

Globalist recognition varies across different properties. I like to look at the Tripadvisor reviews and search for "Globalist" or "breakfast" or "upgrade". I'll usually read through the specific hotel thread on Flyertalk too.

On 11/11/21 I received a Shop Disney offer credit for my CF. Since then I PC'd that card to a CSR. The Shop Disney offer is back on the CSR. Can I get the credit again?

I would think that's a new offer for you and that you should get the credit. I haven't seen any offers that go past 45 days or so. I have had the shop disney offer more than once.

Anybody seen anything goofy on their AMEX charge statements? I noticed today that my minimum payment was $40. It appears every transaction went into Pay Over Time.

No fee $200 visa gift cards at staples starting Sunday!

Long shot but does anyone from PA know if these can be used to pay for the lottery? I know debit cards can now be used. Looking to meet my spend quickly on my new SW card and my DH pays for his work lottery each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter