I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a $9 refund but I have no idea what card it's going to. Hot chocolate run here had to cancel the 15k due to lack of available police resources to close streets so I'm doing it virtual. They refunded people the difference. The receipt from last June doesn't show the card and I should have finished the spend on the AS biz I got 3/1 since I paid on 6/21. At least I had my spreasheet to see what spend I was working on 😂

Also need to decide what to do with that card. Think I'll apply for iy with a "biz" and then cancel this one when the af hits. Wonder what the offer is though.

That survey was amusing to look at. Did you see that there were only 927 responses, representing 0.2% of the subscribers? Very self-selecting group of people who chose to fill out the survey. I know I didn't bother.

I got caught up in the idea of 'shifted organic spend' as a new term.

I have an offer to upgrade my Amex Green to Platinum. 75K MR after $6K spend over 6 months, plus an additional 5x MR on gas, groceries, dining (up to $15K) for 6 months.

I have never had a Platinum card before. The only benefit I would use is the $179 Clear credit and the $70 TSA precheck renewal, so I’m really paying $446 to have the card for a year. Is it worth it to upgrade for a year for the SUB? I would probably be getting 100-115K MRs.

Thanks for your input!

DD17 and I were to fly out of BdL to Disney tomorrow morning. 2 sunshine filled days at VGF and 1 day at MK. Used a FNC to stay at the Sheraton at BdL which we have never done.
Flight is cancelled. Don’t see any point in a trip any shorter and no good options to leave today.
Really bummed. DD heads to college in the fall and it was probably the last time the two of us would get to go for awhile. Who knows what will happen once she starts college and work. Plus the GF and all the restaurants I won’t book bc DH wouldn’t like them.
Was thinking about maybe booking a weekend in June or if Dd is able a weekend for Marathon weekend 🤷‍♀️

I got caught up in the idea of 'shifted organic spend' as a new term.

It makes sense. I don't consider paying your mortgage or something via plastiq or money orders MS. To me MS is spend you wouldn't normally do but that doesn't have a cost. So you're buying MO and then depositing them or overpaying taxes.

Buying a visa to get more points and spend on stuff that would normally only give 1pt is just changing the funding.

I have an offer to upgrade my Amex Green to Platinum. 75K MR after $6K spend over 6 months, plus an additional 5x MR on gas, groceries, dining (up to $15K) for 6 months.

I have never had a Platinum card before. The only benefit I would use is the $179 Clear credit and the $70 TSA precheck renewal, so I’m really paying $446 to have the card for a year. Is it worth it to upgrade for a year for the SUB? I would probably be getting 100-115K MRs.

Thanks for your input!

If you can get a higher offer I would app for the card. The only way I'd upgrade is if you are 4/24 for a long time and you can max the 5x categories but then that's a lot of extra spend on the card that could go to another sub.

From what I can see for ISP/MCO flights they haven’t adjusted the schedule for 6/7 ….

Yeah I am just a sitting duck waiting for the email... It's the ONLY direct flight out all week long. Also the only flight with seats available after 9AM. So if they cancel that I am sure they will bump everyone to the 6AM flight out and thats NO fun so grabbed an MCO Hyatt room and we'll just make it a long park day instead and leave Sunday morning. :-D Just wish I knew when the 'you've made it!' date is. LOL.

Thanks for your input!

It's a nice offer for an upgrade. But not as good as applying for a new card. If you take the upgrade, it'll lock you out of getting the sign-up bonus on the plat in the future. If it was me, I would apply for a new card and then take the upgrade offer (end up with 2 plats).

On a new plat, there is an offer for 125k with 10x restaurants. I believe there's a targeted 150k offer out there too.

The airline incidentals credit is calendar year, so you can use it twice on one annual fee. There are loopholes for some airlines, you can check Flyertalk for the most current data points. For Uber, I use it for UberEats pick-up. Items might be $1-2 more than ordering direct, but no delivery fee. The hotel credit is calendar year as well. Best use is when you can find a Fine Hotels and Resorts property as close to $200 as possible as that only requires a one night stay. Or if it's a place you were going to pay cash to stay anyways. Portofino at Universal is FHR. Swan and Dolphin is Hotel Collection (requires 2 night stay).

Yeah I am just a sitting duck waiting for the email... It's the ONLY direct flight out all week long. Also the only flight with seats available after 9AM. So if they cancel that I am sure they will bump everyone to the 6AM flight out and thats NO fun so grabbed an MCO Hyatt room and we'll just make it a long park day instead and leave Sunday morning. :-D Just wish I knew when the 'you've made it!' date is. LOL.
For the dates they changed flights so far are they keeping a direct flight out of MCO?

so far…..fingers crossed ….they are keeping at least one direct flight each way for us…..times aren’t always ideal unfortunately…..definitely stressful waiting to see what happens
I miss the old days when SW never had flight changes

For the dates they changed flights so far are they keeping a direct flight out of MCO?

so far…..fingers crossed ….they are keeping at least one direct flight each way for us…..times aren’t always ideal unfortunately…..definitely stressful waiting to see what happens
I miss the old days when SW never had flight changes

So I am not sure I checked the flights the Sat before this, but no, that flight number does not exist. There is a direct flight tho three hours earlier.. But they also had a schedule release between those two flights so prob not a good indication. BUT they do still have a direct flight the week before. Thanks for the hint! LOL.

DD17 and I were to fly out of BdL to Disney tomorrow morning. 2 sunshine filled days at VGF and 1 day at MK. Used a FNC to stay at the Sheraton at BdL which we have never done.
Flight is cancelled. Don’t see any point in a trip any shorter and no good options to leave today.
Really bummed. DD heads to college in the fall and it was probably the last time the two of us would get to go for awhile. Who knows what will happen once she starts college and work. Plus the GF and all the restaurants I won’t book bc DH wouldn’t like them.
Was thinking about maybe booking a weekend in June or if Dd is able a weekend for Marathon weekend 🤷‍♀️
That's really crummy. I'm sorry- how disappointing, especially just before she's head off to college. I hope you can reschedule.

What airline cancelled your flight?

We have a one way web special booked on AA points in July on AA that has had two schedule changes so far. What I booked originally was leaving 8:05 am and arriving home at 11:40 am with a connection in DFW. That was changed to an earlier flight out, and now it's completely changed to a new aircraft, flight number, etc to leave at 5:50 am and arrive home at 9:48 am. I would really rather not have such an early flight. Any suggestions or idea if they would move us to a different flight without paying more points?

We have a one way web special booked on AA points in July on AA that has had two schedule changes so far. What I booked originally was leaving 8:05 am and arriving home at 11:40 am with a connection in DFW. That was changed to an earlier flight out, and now it's completely changed to a new aircraft, flight number, etc to leave at 5:50 am and arrive home at 9:48 am. I would really rather not have such an early flight. Any suggestions or idea if they would move us to a different flight without paying more points?
They should. As long as you're flying only AA metal they have the ability to do so. I know Delta would have no problems doing so. I'm not nearly as experience with AA. I don't think I've flown them in 30 years.

That's really crummy. I'm sorry- how disappointing, especially just before she's head off to college. I hope you can reschedule.

What airline cancelled your flight?

Southwest cancelled. We were on the 6:40am flight out of Hartford and they were calling for 5-8 inches of snow stating early am. Strange to me to cancel 12 hours before snow is supposed to start but oh well.

I tried to piece together a quick trip in June but not sure when she will have finals or what day graduation will be so June is out.
Thinking maybe Jan. while she is on break🤷‍♀️

Now I really hope I can go this year, not that it won't be around next year too.
that is the cutest thing! Bring back extras, sell them here, and pay for your trip :). I'll buy one.

AA has changed my web special summer flights to Utah and from Las Vegas a bunch. I called when they made one of the changes and they were able to put me on a much more preferable flight without paying more points and it was a quick and painless call. This morning I woke up to another change but this one was GREAT. I went from LAS - DFW - MIA, leaving a 8:00am to a non-stop, LAS-MIA leaving at 11:00am. We are 6 people on the same itinerary. This would have cost me tons more points if I had selected it originally although I'm bracing myself for more changes.

UGH! I'm sorry...the ice up here is making it a mess...BTW last time I flew we did park and fly at the sheraton for an early flight....what a GREAT option this is,I will always do it from now on!

I booked a flight in July for DD to use her travel credit of $180 that expires in September. Hoping for flight times to change enough that I can get a refund on that since she’s now my CP person.

Southwest cancelled. We were on the 6:40am flight out of Hartford and they were calling for 5-8 inches of snow stating early am. Strange to me to cancel 12 hours before snow is supposed to start but oh well.

I tried to piece together a quick trip in June but not sure when she will have finals or what day graduation will be so June is out.
Thinking maybe Jan. while she is on break🤷‍♀️

First I'm sorry that your flight got canceled.

But, I think the 12 hours is probably a good thing. If they did it last minute, loads of people would probably be on the way or stuck at the airport.

I would also think that 5 to 8 inches would be a lot of de-icing but I'm a flyer from the old days with no recent experience.

It also seems that unlike in my 'old' days, the weather forecasting has gotten very precise. If they say it's coming, it usually comes now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter