I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is more so travel related than cc related, although the spend will help us hit MSR! Does anyone use a GoPro camera on their trips? We want to get one finally after years of talking about it. But not sure whether to get the Hero 9, or newest Hero 10. I've seen mixed reviews of the newer model. Any input on what you use is appreciated! I'm mostly disappointed in the quality of pics we get on our iPhones, especially whenever we're snorkeling, hiking, etc. So that's mainly what the GoPro would be used for.

We have one for trips and are using it now in the pools and in the ocean. It’s not the easiest to use but we think we have the 5 or the 6 (got it for the Blue Lagoon in 2018). It was amazing for that cruise (strapped it to our balcony railing for time lapse pics of our sail out, was great in the rain and in the pools and lagoon and on our hike in Thingviller park where the wide angle caught some amazing vistas). It takes very wide angled photos (there is good and bad in that) and doesn’t have the advanced lighting features that our late model iPhones do, but we like it a lot. DH was talking today about maybe upgrading to a newer version but I don’t know what those have.

Updating to say that it also takes awesome water slides pics. And we checked it and it’s a 6. I would think the newer ones would be better.

Last edited:
Be careful because lowering your credit limits will hurt your utilization rates, which will hurt your credit rating.

True in general, but most people here have so many cards and high enough credit scores to start with that freeing up credit by reducing the cl isn't going to hurt that much. It'll also help a ton in the future when it comes to getting more cards from chase.

That's also to say that the only one's I tend to worry about is chase. Amex will move your credit around if they don't want to give you more. The cl on my 1 barclays card is ridic but it's also my 2nd oldest card so I use it a couple times a year and leave it alone. But really for the most part I don't have any reason to have a cl that's over $10k. And if I need one that is, like for taxes this year, I moved cl around to get me there.

Hi Dischurner peeps! Well I wound up cancelling my 7 nights in Bora Bora. I'm happy about that because it was just a backup trip. We did wind up getting to sail with our friends on the Disney Wonder for the Panama Canal cruise which was 14 nights, followed by a few nights at the Grand California in Disneyland. DCL Wi-Fi is expensive and craptastic to boot. Therefore, I have not been on here for a while and am too far behind to catch up. I had vowed to learn to play Settlers of Catan while on the ship and am completely obsessed LOL We played everyday on the cruise. I ordered my own set the moment we hit land.

I'm impatiently waiting for the Hyatt and Apple Leisure Group acquisition to finalize. I am curious to see what the points per night will be for the Secrets resort in Costa Rica and compare that to the Andaz. I may be finally crossing Costa Rica off the ever growing list of places to visit. I still can't believe I don't have anything other than a cruise booked for 2023. Many places to see that were missed from cancelled trips and many more beyond that list looming in front of me. I feel like Dug from Up and every idea for a trip is a "Squirrel!" that is distracting me and I can't seem to choose, focus and plan. Scotland and Ireland seem to be beckoning me to visit again. But crossing off my 7th continent, going on a safari, seeing the pyramids, planning Bora Bora for real or revisiting the Maldives also seem like great ideas for a trip. Sigh. Maybe when the jet lag wears off, I can think straight again, pick a place and get back to travel hacking.

Question about shuffling credit among Chase biz cards before I mess something up . . . I just got approved for a CIP, my 3rd Chase biz card. The CL is $5k, and my other two Chase biz cards (both CICs) have CLs of $6k and $10k. I've got a massive travel purchase coming up next month (my reason for getting the CIP). I know I can move credit from my other 2 cards to my CIP. Is there a minimum amount I need to leave behind on my CICs? Also, I looove my CICs, so I don't want to leave them with tiny CLs. After I make the travel purchase on my CIP and pay that off, can I then move credit back to the CICs from the CIP? Do I/should I wait a certain amount of time before doing so?
IME when transferring CL you can't go below 1k (+ whatever balance you have on the card). If you wanted to just give back credit they'll let you go much lower, but shifting credit has a 1k ceiling. This has happened to me both on the phone and over SM. But you can always ask for lower, just adds time if they say no and you have to respond back. Otherwise no harm in asking.

I have a question about the travel credit on my CSR. It says it will be available after the statement closing date in May (which happens to be the 22nd). If I request a change of due date to the 1st, will that cause me to get my credit sooner? Is there any reason I should not change my due date? I am not doing it for the travel credit but that would be a benefit to me. I just want to have all of my cards due on the same day of the month.

I don't have experience with this but my guess would be no. I don't think Chase will change which month the credit resets (since it's tied to your anniversary) so you would just be changing the date within that month it becomes available. If I'm right, then your new statement closing date would be the 28th of the month for a 1st of the month due date and actually be a few days later than your current situation.

Hi Dischurner peeps! Well I wound up cancelling my 7 nights in Bora Bora. I'm happy about that because it was just a backup trip. We did wind up getting to sail with our friends on the Disney Wonder for the Panama Canal cruise which was 14 nights, followed by a few nights at the Grand California in Disneyland. DCL Wi-Fi is expensive and craptastic to boot. Therefore, I have not been on here for a while and am too far behind to catch up. I had vowed to learn to play Settlers of Catan while on the ship and am completely obsessed LOL We played everyday on the cruise. I ordered my own set the moment we hit land.

I'm impatiently waiting for the Hyatt and Apple Leisure Group acquisition to finalize. I am curious to see what the points per night will be for the Secrets resort in Costa Rica and compare that to the Andaz. I may be finally crossing Costa Rica off the ever growing list of places to visit. I still can't believe I don't have anything other than a cruise booked for 2023. Many places to see that were missed from cancelled trips and many more beyond that list looming in front of me. I feel like Dug from Up and every idea for a trip is a "Squirrel!" that is distracting me and I can't seem to choose, focus and plan. Scotland and Ireland seem to be beckoning me to visit again. But crossing off my 7th continent, going on a safari, seeing the pyramids, planning Bora Bora for real or revisiting the Maldives also seem like great ideas for a trip. Sigh. Maybe when the jet lag wears off, I can think straight again, pick a place and get back to travel hacking.
As usual...your travel posts are the stuff of dreams...:love: I'm in a completely different travel place- happy to book flights to the midwest to hang with the fam- I love reading your stuff!

Have any of you stayed in a studio at OKW? We’re attempting to rent a last minute reservation and I’m not sure where to request as far as location. We’ll want something somewhat quiet
I always enjoyed OKW, large rooms, balconies, and almost everywhere is quiet (with the exception of a few rooms that are too close to the bus stop or road) the best spot of course is behind hospitality house,(the quiet end away from the main road) but I love the pool area,playground, laid back vibe there. We spent a wonderful family day there on our last trip with the kids playing in the sand,just chilling out.

"If you currently have an IHG Rewards Credit Card from Chase, or you earned a new cardmember bonus on that credit card within the last 24 months, you are not eligible to receive another of the same credit card."

Am I reading this right - I haven't had the IHG business card before. So I can get that one, right? I asked because I got the Traveler card in 1/21 and churned the premier (#2) in 8/21.

Also how do I see if the Amex Hilton posted to my credit reports? I got it like 3 weeks ago. I'm sitting at 5/24 until April right now because of it. So can I sneak in an app w/ Chase or should I wait?

It’s a great age until they want to run around everywhere 😆 Ds really does love the parks though. He talks about figment all the time
That’s so true…he was very good for us staying in the stroller between rides and holding my hand on lines…but it’s probably because we aren’t his parents

I always enjoyed OKW, large rooms, balconies, and almost everywhere is quiet (with the exception of a few rooms that are too close to the bus stop or road) the best spot of course is behind hospitality house,(the quiet end away from the main road) but I love the pool area,playground, laid back vibe there. We spent a wonderful family day there on our last trip with the kids playing in the sand,just chilling out.
We’ll only be there one night but I’m excited to use the pool and hopefully have ds go down the slide

I've always wanted to play Settlers of Catan. Can't wait to hear what you end up booking.

"If you currently have an IHG Rewards Credit Card from Chase, or you earned a new cardmember bonus on that credit card within the last 24 months, you are not eligible to receive another of the same credit card."

Am I reading this right - I haven't had the IHG business card before. So I can get that one, right? I asked because I got the Traveler card in 1/21 and churned the premier (#2) in 8/21.
Hmmm, very good question. I hold two IHG cards currently, one I got the bonus eons ago, the other was late fall 2020. You've always been able to have both in the past, but that wording about if you currently HAVE an IHG card is a bit concerning. Its worded very strangely

I found a link for Amex Biz Gold, that was just updated a couple of days ago, on Doctor of Credit. It's for 90k points sign up after spending 10k in the first 3 months, plus another 10k for adding an employee card with a 1k spend.

The link also has YMMV. So how do I know if it'll work? When I click the link it brings me to the offer for 90k, does that mean I'd be safe to apply?
I'm just not sure why they would say "Your milage may vary" is there a chance if I go through this link I might not actually get the bonus?

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...000-points-signup-offer-no-lifetime-language/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter