I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's is the day of the new IHG Biz card...not that I've been counting down the days, LOL.

If you're talking about the AmEx Business Checking bonus (https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/business/checking/) then debit transactions don't count as qualifying activity, if that's what you were thinking. If your deposits were ACH transfers or mobile check deposits, then yes those count.
So glad you said this! I guess I'll transfer a few more times into the acct. Nice to see small amounts are okay as well, LOL.

Amex doesn't really care how fast you get their cards as long as you're within their rules. For credit cards, that's 1 in 5 days and 2 in rolling 90 days period. This doesn't apply to charge cards (the Delta cards are credit cards).
Does anyone know, if Amex has released you from popup hell if that means you're likely good to go? I was just approved after almost 2 years for the Hilton card. I've been eying the Delta Plat Biz for awhile, LOL.

I already have a Delta Plat, for at least 3 times LOL.

OK, while I think, what are the limits for credit vs charge cards on Amex? Delta is credit right, and the Biz Green is also? Heck, I don't even know how many Amex I have right now, not as many as I think probably.

For most people, it's 5 credit cards and 10 charge cards (some people can get 1 more past that). Delta is credit. Biz green is charge. There was talk of the personal green possibly counting towards the cc limit. Not sure what the status on that is, I don't see it mentioned these days.

For most people, it's 5 credit cards and 10 charge cards (some people can get 1 more past that). Delta is credit. Biz green is charge. There was talk of the personal green possibly counting towards the cc limit. Not sure what the status on that is, I don't see it mentioned these days.
hahahaha I checked, I only have 3 cards total LOL

Does anyone know, if Amex has released you from popup hell if that means you're likely good to go? I was just approved after almost 2 years for the Hilton card. I've been eying the Delta Plat Biz for awhile, LOL.

The pop-up can be card specific. Sometimes can depend if you use a support too. I think it bodes well if you were getting pop-up on everything before. But no way to know but try. :)

Sorry for all the questions lately. I really appreciate all the information.

Today I got an email about the Delta Skymiles reserve (100K points). I do have a delta flight at the end of April from SLC and I'd love to check out the lounge. But I just got a business card 2/15. The offer expires 4/13. Is 2 months too soon for another card?
how many amexs have you applied for? i have the reserve i got a 120k offer, to me its worth it for the lounge access for me and my DW as well as the bogo first class ticket.

I think I might pull the trigger and try the Delta Reserve, but I will have vet bill at the end of June that I will need for that spend, so I need to wait until the end of next week. UGH, I need a new card now LOL!
The new IHG is very interesting also, but I am only 2 1/2 months from my last Chase biz app.

A few years ago, I was able to redeem UR for Universal Tickets and then upgrade to annual passes at the parks. I am hoping to do that again but I have forgotten some things and some things may have changed.

The biggest question I have right now is due to the promo of Buy 3 Days, Get 2 Free tickets. If those are the tickets that I end up buying, is the cost of that ticket what gets deducted from the price of the annual pass when I upgrade, or the price of a five day ticket? I seem to recall that I just went ahead and got five day tickets last time because it was going to be less out of pocket overall. Does anyone know how that is working right now?

Anything else I need to know that may have changed? I don't see Universal Tickets on the portal currently but in the past they kind of came and went. Have people been able to get them since the portal change? I can always do PYB through UT (possibly a better deal that didn't exist when I did this last time) but am curious what the redemption is like both ways.

Thanks!
I was behind but caught up and hadn't seen any answer. I haven't done tickets upgraded to APs since 2019 between covid extensions and last year I did the direct ap deal with 3 months free.

The way it used to be, if you did a promo ticket like buy 3 get 2 days free, from Universal or Expedia/UR portal or UCT (typically labeled promo), it was valued at the regular price of a base ticket, so 3 days. Though it could sometimes be YMMV when you went to upgrade it at guest services and you may get a higher value.

When you'd do a ticket like the UCT one that is 2 day plus extra day free, it would come as a 3 day ticket so that was the value when you went to upgrade.

Biz card from which bank? Chase or someone other than amex? Amex doesn't know about it, go for it. Amex, maybe but what's your velocity been before this biz card?

I got a SWA Performance Biz in February. I have 2 chase cards that I got last year (June/Sep)

how many amexs have you applied for? i have the reserve i got a 120k offer, to me its worth it for the lounge access for me and my DW as well as the bogo first class ticket.

I'm an AU on my DH's Delta Gold Skymiles AMEX but I don't have any.

This is more so travel related than cc related, although the spend will help us hit MSR! Does anyone use a GoPro camera on their trips? We want to get one finally after years of talking about it. But not sure whether to get the Hero 9, or newest Hero 10. I've seen mixed reviews of the newer model. Any input on what you use is appreciated! I'm mostly disappointed in the quality of pics we get on our iPhones, especially whenever we're snorkeling, hiking, etc. So that's mainly what the GoPro would be used for.

When you contact Chase to lower your credit limits, do you send them a SM? Do you tell them what you want it to be, or just ask them to lower it? I'm going to apply for a CIC for DH. Between his personal and business cards, his limit is currently $68,800. His Hyatt limit is $20,300 and SW Personal $20,000. They neither one need to be anywhere close to that amount lol. Should I just ask them to lower to $5,000 each or something similar?

When you contact Chase to lower your credit limits, do you send them a SM? Do you tell them what you want it to be, or just ask them to lower it? I'm going to apply for a CIC for DH. Between his personal and business cards, his limit is currently $68,800. His Hyatt limit is $20,300 and SW Personal $20,000. They neither one need to be anywhere close to that amount lol. Should I just ask them to lower to $5,000 each or something similar?
I would send Chase a SM asking them to lower the CL on my card ending in 1234…to $5,000…. I’ve never done 2 cards in the same SM, but maybe others have

Be careful because lowering your credit limits will hurt your utilization rates, which will hurt your credit rating.

I have a question about the travel credit on my CSR. It says it will be available after the statement closing date in May (which happens to be the 22nd). If I request a change of due date to the 1st, will that cause me to get my credit sooner? Is there any reason I should not change my due date? I am not doing it for the travel credit but that would be a benefit to me. I just want to have all of my cards due on the same day of the month.

Have any of you stayed in a studio at OKW? We’re attempting to rent a last minute reservation and I’m not sure where to request as far as location. We’ll want something somewhat quiet
I’ve never stayed there so no help…but enjoy your trip…I was going to say with the little one but he must be getting so big :flower1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter