I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going through our monthly charges on mint.com and DH got a credit on his AmEx Plat card for $150. It says BOY VOYAGE DORAL as the description for the credit. We were near Doral Florida in March, but we stayed in a Hyatt. I tried googling and it brings up Marriotts in Doral Florida, but we definitely didn't stay there and I hadn't prepaid anything that I know of.

Anyway, just wondered if anyone has a clue what the credit might be for??
If you log into Amex, you shoould be able to open up the credit and there should be the business name and phone number.

Sounds travel agency ish, if you did any excursions, photography, or something like that in March?

This isn't related to CCs, but in case this happened to anyone else that uses Fuel Points (Harris Teeter and Kroger I think).

For the last 2 days, there was a snafu between BP and Fuel points. Regardless of your balance in points, it was only applying .10/ gallon discount. This worked out as really poor timing for me as I ran my tank down to fumes in order to get $1 off/gallon on a full tank before I head out on a road trip tomorrow. We tried later with our 2nd car, same thing. We stopped in H-T for some trip supplies and asked the service desk and they said to call the Corp Cust Service on the bottom of our receipt.

Anyway -- if you had the same problem, I suggest screenshotting your points in the app just in case. Supposedly they will roll the points over and we can use them in April. We'll see.

Need another MSR for April, no Chase cards until May, thinking Hilton Biz. Is that a good SUB? Want to use the points/FNC in Japan. If DH applies today and we meet the MSR on June 27th then his FNC should be good until June 28ish, 2023 which would work out great. But is that a good way to use FNC?
Or any other suggestion? We only want a $2K-$3K MSR, no Chase cards.

Found this in Doc comments to pull the Amex Gold 90K + $250 SUB
Clean out cookies/cache,
Brave browser>New private window>Duck Duck Go search “amex gold 90k”> 3rd search listing “uscreditcardguide”>scroll down half way “Application Link”

I clicked on the link and it came up.
Rest of instructions:
AmEx Gold 90k+$250 offer”>redirect page “uscardforum” scroll down the hieroglyphics to windywinter refer a friend> Amex landing page gives you referral from random Asian name.
I looked it’s Cheng today.

Need another MSR for April, no Chase cards until May, thinking Hilton Biz. Is that a good SUB? Want to use the points/FNC in Japan. If DH applies today and we meet the MSR on June 27th then his FNC should be good until June 28ish, 2023 which would work out great. But is that a good way to use FNC?
130k + FNC is a good offer. All time, 180k was the highest point offer for the business card, but the FNC is worth more than 50k in most situations. Delta credit cards are offering elevated offers higher than I've seen on targeted mailers (75k for Gold, 100k for Platinum). Those would be good if you're eligible and use that carrier.

I hadn't seen this mentioned but on my SW chase I just got an email for 5x points for gas and grocery, and 6x on travel purchases. I think thru june. Now if I could get the one on my Disney visa too i'd be set lol. But that 5x points will help speed thru to CP.

This reminded me to check my aug/Sept booking. Was able to change it and saved another 12k. It's down to 42k per night at tdlr. I started out above 50k so you'd probably want to watch where you use it as it might end up not as good or not usable until/if it goes down.

I hadn't seen this mentioned but on my SW chase I just got an email for 5x points for gas and grocery, and 6x on travel purchases. I think thru june. Now if I could get the one on my Disney visa too i'd be set lol. But that 5x points will help speed thru to CP.
I got it on mine crossing my fingers for you
just got this on my amazon card everything seems to be capped at 1500 time for another tab on my spreadsheet :)
1648753889023.png

This reminded me to check my aug/Sept booking. Was able to change it and saved another 12k. It's down to 42k per night at tdlr. I started out above 50k so you'd probably want to watch where you use it as it might end up not as good or not usable until/if it goes down.
That's a great price, all i'm seeing 80K for weekends and 64K for weeknights. If that FNC can be used on the weekend then this might work out perfect. My current plan is check in Sunday night, check out Wednesday.

So my little stop over on my road trip went down 2k points for Marriot. But I'm 24 hours from check in. Can I ask for the 2k back?

edit: nvm, I was able to do it online.

this is a good thing about variable pricing.

I also saved 3k points for a 1 night stay in downtown Bozeman in June (where prices are truly stupid!) So I saved 5k's worth of points today.

I see regular mention of MR points for international travel so I'm intrigued as I have a daughter stationed in Germany and a new grandbaby that I need to see regularly! I don't have any MR points to speak of (around 3,000) at the moment. Which airlines use MR's and are they a better value than UR's? Currently using United points to fly across the pond. 30,000 points for a one way to Frankfurt in economy. Would prefer biz class but they are hard to find on United without spending tons of points. (150,000 to 250,000 on many flights).

Found this in Doc comments to pull the Amex Gold 90K + $250 SUB
Clean out cookies/cache,
Brave browser>New private window>Duck Duck Go search “amex gold 90k”> 3rd search listing “uscreditcardguide”>scroll down half way “Application Link”

I clicked on the link and it came up.
Rest of instructions:
AmEx Gold 90k+$250 offer”>redirect page “uscardforum” scroll down the hieroglyphics to windywinter refer a friend> Amex landing page gives you referral from random Asian name.
I looked it’s Cheng today.
Applied for this for my DW on Monday and the card was delivered the next day. AMEX is on the ball when it comes to card delivery. The restaurant bonus will come in handy for our Disney/Universal trip in May. I really need to remember to put spend on our other AMEX cards so I avoid pop up prison.

That's a great price, all i'm seeing 80K for weekends and 64K for weeknights. If that FNC can be used on the weekend then this might work out perfect. My current plan is check in Sunday night, check out Wednesday.

I'm doing mon-fri. Just got my 15k cert that I just met the spend on. Now I just need dlr to announce their xmas parties so I can book. Both properties I'd book are 50k right now so good use. I hope I can use my anniversary one but will probably have booked before it comes.

I see regular mention of MR points for international travel so I'm intrigued as I have a daughter stationed in Germany and a new grandbaby that I need to see regularly! I don't have any MR points to speak of (around 3,000) at the moment. Which airlines use MR's and are they a better value than UR's? Currently using United points to fly across the pond. 30,000 points for a one way to Frankfurt in economy. Would prefer biz class but they are hard to find on United without spending tons of points. (150,000 to 250,000 on many flights).
Since you mentioned United... you need a United card
https://www.united.com/en-us/cardmember-award-exclusive
For 3 days only (March 31- April 2, 2022), take advantage of our exclusive Cardmember discount with flights starting in May at 45,000 miles roundtrip (plus taxes and fees starting at $49.37) to 10 of our exciting European destinations.* Beat the summer crowds and book your European getaway today for travel between May 1- June 2, 2022.

Be sure to sign in using your MileagePlus® account number to take advantage of this sale.

Target and Walmart do not code as grocery with anyone as far as I know.
Target coded as Wholesale Stores on my DH’s Amex Plat

ETA: Walmart also coded as Wholesale Stores on my Amex Hilton card.

Last edited:

We've used MRs for British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Air France, and KLM. I am certain there are more options out there, though. I don't like having all my points sitting at one airline since sometimes the points-price for a simple flight are outrageous (looking at you, AA). IIRC, we booked flights on all of these for around 60-60k one way to various places in Europe in Biz. Significantly fewer points were required to book economy seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter