I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone use the car insurance benefit on a chase card for damage?

On our trip in august we had a chip in the windshield. They card benefit services company wants a copy of a statement showing the points redeemed for the car rental and the card number.

I have spent an eternity on the chase site and cannot find this.

Has anyone had to do this before?

I got the CIC in Jan 2021 and CIU in April 2021 and received the SUB for both. Am I excluded from a SUB on those cards for 24 months?
It seems like per their terms yes. In real life, no. Many of us have gotten the SUB on a variety of Ink cards with shorter time between cards. Just wondering if there is change coming.

is there still a chase # line to call and check if a cc has been approved?

Has anyone use the car insurance benefit on a chase card for damage?

On our trip in august we had a chip in the windshield. They card benefit services company wants a copy of a statement showing the points redeemed for the car rental and the card number.

I have spent an eternity on the chase site and cannot find this.

Has anyone had to do this before?
No but I had a similar issue using trip insurance for a flight booked using points (meaning proving that I used my CSR to book the flight). The statement doesn't show the specific transaction with the points redeemed but I think you can go back in Ultimate Rewards and find activity back to August.

Credit question: My oldest card (20+ years) is a basic capital one card (no rewards). It's been sock drawered forever and I got a notice that they are going to close it in Jan if I don't put spend it on it. Should I put small spend on it to keep it active, let it close, or call to see if I can PC to something with rewards?

Personally, I would put some small spend on it and keep it open. I stopped using our many original cards and let them close, not realizing the importance of "age of account." I think now my oldest active account says something like 6 years! Our scores never get above the low 800s and I see others posting all the time about much higher scores, so I think it's that and that we don't have any mortgage or car debt. Having said all of that, though, we almost always get instant approval on all our apps and have never been denied. Knock on wood.

I booked British Airways through Iberia using Avios this summer but only a one-way trip. I did search before I transferred Avios so I know it's possible. I also just did a dummy search for a fake trip and was able to see Avios amounts even though I don't have many points stored there. Have you created an Iberia account?
I created an Avios account and am logged in when searching. Maybe I am just missing where the button to select and continue.

(Edited) Lounge access with Platinum Amex questions:

1. You have to fly delta to access the delta sky club no matter what card you carry?
2. Other than Priority Pass lounges (same as with CSR) are there any other lounge benefits with the Platinum? I was under the impression it was different than just Priority Pass.
1. Correct. they already have crowding problems I can’t imagine if they let any fliers in.
2. Centurion & Escape Lounges are exclusive to Amex. Escape has a weird footprint so it might be really great for you or absolutely useless. Amex PP does not have restaurant access.

Credit question: My oldest card (20+ years) is a basic capital one card (no rewards). It's been sock drawered forever and I got a notice that they are going to close it in Jan if I don't put spend it on it. Should I put small spend on it to keep it active, let it close, or call to see if I can PC to something with rewards?
Just make a charge and sock drawer it again if you don’t have a cap1 card you want to try to PC it to. An account that old makes your credit history look better.

Two of my oldest cards are BOA…I put a small spend on them yearly to keep them open

Hey, would a good sport help me remember what the Amex rule is on charge vs credit cards and help me identify which of each I have?

P1
Plat
Biz Plat
BBP
Hilton Aspire
Biz Green 1
Biz Green 2

P2
Plat
Hilton Aspire
Hilton Biz
Lowe's Biz
Biz Green 1
Biz Green 2

No but I had a similar issue using trip insurance for a flight booked using points (meaning proving that I used my CSR to book the flight). The statement doesn't show the specific transaction with the points redeemed but I think you can go back in Ultimate Rewards and find activity back to August.

Yeah this was booked in April. And even the ultimate rewards screen doesn’t show the card number, nor does the booking confirmation.

Frustrating as this a is benefit offered by this card.

anyone have experience with Chaee allowing them to switch a cc they apped for? my BIL got the IHG support link,and accidentally clicked on the lower card app,got approved. He meant to click on the better offer- think it's worth calling in to ask for a change?

is there still a chase # line to call and check if a cc has been approved?
I just called 877-260-0087 to speak to them about my app that could not be processed because I forgot to unfreeze my credit. The menu sounded like a general app inquiry line.

I was approved for the CIU with $6,000 CL. I have opened 1 CIC and 2 CIUs in one calendar year.
My Kroger is online order for pickup or delivery $25 of $50. No Kroger here in FL but we'll be in IL for the holidays.
This might be a really dumb question, but is the app considered “online” for these offers?

Yeah this was booked in April. And even the ultimate rewards screen doesn’t show the card number, nor does the booking confirmation.

I think the third party administrator will be used to the screen shots you provide, as it seems all the system can generate. I did this screen shot by minimizing the size of the screen to 75% in Ultimate Rewards, Points Activity. Then I pulled open the side bar, so it shows the last four digits of the card. I think that would get you what you need, in addition to the booking confirmation.

Please let us know how the claim goes.

1667315127014.png

Hey, would a good sport help me remember what the Amex rule is on charge vs credit cards and help me identify which of each I have?

P1
Plat charge
Biz Plat charge
BBP credit
Hilton Aspire credit
Biz Green 1 charge
Biz Green 2 charge

P2
Plat charge
Hilton Aspire credit
Hilton Biz credit
Lowe's Biz credit
Biz Green 1 charge
Biz Green 2 charge
Rule is 10 charge, 5 credit cards. Any that show you have a credit limit are credit cards. Any that are pay in full on due date are charge cards.

1. Correct. they already have crowding problems I can’t imagine if they let any fliers in.
2. Centurion & Escape Lounges are exclusive to Amex. Escape has a weird footprint so it might be really great for you or absolutely useless. Amex PP does not have restaurant access.
Ok yeah, I feel like a bad CC wife now because I didn't prepare him well enough. DH just left on a trip and had just gotten his Amex Plat recently. He was planning to eat breakfast at one of the lounges and that didn't work out. I thought he'd at least be able to eat at the Club ATL one since it's a PP lounge 😕

Chase was no help. What I ended up doing was sending the statement showing the redeemed points on my csr account and the ur trip receipt which they accepted. But in the future I will print out the transaction associating the booking with my csr when I book. It is a completely ridiculous system.

Here's a viewpoint question, how often have any of you here switched out your CP person over 2 years? in all the years I've had it, I've chosen once and kept it..... I just last week called in to switch to my nephew for a Spring trip.... but now I'm thinking I want to switch it to my ds for winter trip,and then "hold" my nephews ticket on points for spring- book ds for winter and then switch back again,and it's making me anxious that I'll do it too many times,and run out of 'switches'...... my brain is running in circles with this question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter