I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any disadvantage to getting the GC emailed? Or should I get the physical GC's? I usually get most of my GC's either at the grocery or Staples. I then combine all of my Disney GC's online and I am just wondering if the emailed cards make that problematic?
I have had them emailed quite a few times with no issues…then I add them online to a physical gift card I have up to $1,000 and put it aside to pay my DVC dues at the end of the year or use at the parks

So if you buy Disney GCs online at Staples and purchase using a CIP it still counts as office supply purchase, right?

I got an email last night from Amex about being pre approved for the platinum. But that fee.... Is it really worth $700?

I got an email last night from Amex about being pre approved for the platinum. But that fee.... Is it really worth $700?
It depends.
I make sure to use every coupon available.
I use the Uber credit $200, Saks $100, airline incidentals $200, Audible $240.... would I normally spend my money there? Probably not, but I do use them all. I also use the Wal-Mart credit, I don't usually shop at WM but I did take advantage of it during their BF early access. We did use the Centurion Lounges twice last year, so that did save us money on food at the airport.
If you look at it that way, it might be worth it, just make sure you get a good SUB.

Any disadvantage to getting the GC emailed? Or should I get the physical GC's? I usually get most of my GC's either at the grocery or Staples. I then combine all of my Disney GC's online and I am just wondering if the emailed cards make that problematic?

I like getting one mailed once in awhile so I can get a new design. I use the card in the park and it's nice to be able to know to empty the inside out one before starting on seven dwarfs :D

Has anyone ever done a trip renting a camper/travel trailer/RV? If so, would you recommend the company you used? We’re completely new to this, but DH is finally getting a truck that he’s been talking about for years. Now that he’ll have the hauling capacity, we’re thinking instead of renting an Airbnb for our Outer Banks beach trip this summer, maybe we could rent a travel trailer and camp. Any suggestions appreciated!

Has anyone ever done a trip renting a camper/travel trailer/RV? If so, would you recommend the company you used? We’re completely new to this, but DH is finally getting a truck that he’s been talking about for years. Now that he’ll have the hauling capacity, we’re thinking instead of renting an Airbnb for our Outer Banks beach trip this summer, maybe we could rent a travel trailer and camp. Any suggestions appreciated!
Yes, we did it, after we cancelled our anniversary trip to Hawaii in 2020. We used RVShare.com. The person we ended up renting from was just a few miles from us. It's basically Airbnb for motor homes. It was an amazing experience, though not at all cheap. Edited to add, if you are renting a trailer, it's going to be cheaper than what we rented. You can use Cap One Venture miles to cover some of it though, if you have any.

Ah, thanks. What's the max amount you can buy at Stapes/OfficeMax in one visit?

I'm not sure about Disney gift cards but Visa cards are up to 2K.

edit: from the Staples website:

• Included in the gift card purchase price is a $1.99 Secure Shipping Fee. This covers trackable shipping through the US Post Office, to ensure safe arrival
  • Staples DOES NOT sell more than $2000 of gift cards in any order due to Federal anti-money laundering regulations
  • Redemption: In-Store and Online
$51.99

1 each

So now we know!

so anyone got the door dash to extend 2 years? what was the trick? mine still says 1/31 expiration.
Mine still says "active" but same expiration date. However when I opened the app yesterday there was a pop up that said Chase extended the expiration date to 2024.

Attachments

• 415D51A2-F25F-4252-B4CE-A9D95EBFF8A9.png
    415D51A2-F25F-4252-B4CE-A9D95EBFF8A9.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 11
  • A6F2415D-BACC-470B-ADDA-3C66E0299BA9.jpeg
    A6F2415D-BACC-470B-ADDA-3C66E0299BA9.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Mine still says "active" but same expiration date. However when I opened the app yesterday there was a pop up that said Chase extended the expiration date to 2024.
I didn't get the pop up not sure if I should cancel again for the 3rd or 4th time now I just don't want to get charged :)

I didn't get the pop up not sure if I should cancel again for the 3rd or 4th time now I just don't want to get charged :)
I don’t see the pop up on mine either…think I’m just going to let it be for now and see what happens since I did get the email saying it was extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter