I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I closed my Barclays AA Aviator card 1/25/22, I received the SUB 6/15/2020, how long should I wait before applying again? I know they don't have a 24 month rule, but just want to get it ASAP just in case they decide to implement rules. I won't need the points until July to book our Japan flights.

Sooooo I got the swa CP this month..... considering venture x for P2 simply b/c of the current bonus..... I like that it's a 6 month MSR since it's large..... anyone have a "feel" for how long this offer might last? Honestly I won't hit that MSR until my July bills are due so I'd like to wait on it.... I also think I'd like to try another ecosystem other than UR or MR for a change.... P2 is 3/24 right now.... thoughts? I know I"m just spitballing here but I'm thinking I could make good use of the offer.... we already have a LOT of chase cc's Amex is mad at us (lol) and I'm hoping to travel this year....
I love so many things about the Venture X. I've even planned to fly thru IAD to meet my sister when we fly to Frankfurt, Germany in May and hoping to try out the new Cap One lounge there. (Fingers crossed that it will be finished by then!) Hard to say how long they will continue that offer. Cap One also has another offer for a biz card with a huge spend ($50,000 in 6 months) with a $3000 cash bonus. Since you get double miles, that equals 400,000 miles for that card! I'm hoping that offer stays around for a bit. I just got a Unite biz card 10 days ago so need to spread out. The Cap One biz card will be for our business using the EIN, just have to make sure we have some big purchases coming up.

I love so many things about the Venture X. I've even planned to fly thru IAD to meet my sister when we fly to Frankfurt, Germany in May and hoping to try out the new Cap One lounge there. (Fingers crossed that it will be finished by then!) Hard to say how long they will continue that offer. Cap One also has another offer for a biz card with a huge spend ($50,000 in 6 months) with a $3000 cash bonus. Since you get double miles, that equals 400,000 miles for that card! I'm hoping that offer stays around for a bit. I just got a Unite biz card 10 days ago so need to spread out. The Cap One biz card will be for our business using the EIN, just have to make sure we have some big purchases coming up.

Ooooh (said in my best Toy Story alien voices) -- Which Capital Onebiz card has a $3k cash bonus?

I’d definitely apply for the CSP or CSR with the spend you listed above….if you are interested in business cards…many of us here sell occasionally on eBay, etc …the CIC or CIU have a 75,000UR bonus free spending $7,500 in the first 3 months…both have no annual fee

I wouldn't bother with a product change to another Southwest card. If I wanted to continue to collect SW points, I would cancel the existing card before the next annual fee is due and apply again but not until I saw a card with the highest and best signup bonus.

Collecting UR's - ultimate rewards from Chase is as good as collecting SW points. They can be transferred to SW with a CSR, CSP or CIP. (Think I got them all).

Other than the business UR cards, SUB's are not at their highest right now. I would hold off or apply for a business UR card.

It looks like you are 2/24 with Chase for the next year or so. It's sort of a toss up, but if it's possible to get a business card (any online selling gig or whatever you might do as a Sole Proprietor using your name as business and your SSN plus 1K as potential gross earnings if a new business) that's probably your best route right at the moment.

CIC or CIU are 7500 UR for $7500 spend in 3 months. (HVac equipment sure would help!)

BIG question about this -- if I'm buying A/C equipment for my s/o's HVAC company (I have a desk job so it's easy to pop online and order things randomly throughout the day) and he's paying me back for it - does that constitute as "selling" for a biz card?

I have a DLR tix from UCT. As it's expired, UCT says we need to contact DLR about it. DLR says the only place that can issue a new tix is the ticket booth at DLR in Anaheim. So I need to get to Anaheim, get a new ticket and then make park reservations for the whole week for a park hopper in June. Seems ridiculous that in 2022, there is no other way to do it than in person and I risk going cross country, only to not be able to get into the parks.
Anyone see a problem with this? Any chance it will be so crowded I won't get in?

So now that my Kabbage bank bonus posted, I'm thinking of doing the other Amex Business Checking account bonus. It's $300 like the Kabbage one, and the interest rate of 1.1% is nice. I don't know why I hesitate before apps. UGH. Especially ones like this that have NO SPEND! It's literally just moving money into an account. And wait some time, and poof, free money! LOL.

I don t have Alexa, but Alexa can be added as a player? Sounds strange.
It's actually kinda cool. For ticket to ride, you put the trains on for Alexa. But it adds another player. I think you can do it w/ Battleship too. I'm not sure which others.

I closed my Barclays AA Aviator card 1/25/22, I received the SUB 6/15/2020, how long should I wait before applying again? I know they don't have a 24 month rule, but just want to get it ASAP just in case they decide to implement rules. I won't need the points until July to book our Japan flights.

I'd love to know. I closed my personal and kept the biz (which I heard is gone). I got mine in 2017, and closed it 12/21. So I'm sure I could go for it. but I'm trying to keep my 4/24 status till I MDD.

I need a new card...I'm 2/24. I have a side "business" but the limits on business cards have been too low for my purposes lately. I need a card with no foreign transaction fees. I have 2 bills I have to pay in British pounds (tuition and medical) which will put me over pretty much any spend. Ideally, I would do a platinum amex but the university only takes visa and Mastercard so I'm stuck with those. I will have an immediate need (in April) for a flight from London to the States so I value any travel rewards. I'm thinking either a capitol one or a chase BA card. Any thoughts?

I need a new card...I'm 2/24. I have a side "business" but the limits on business cards have been too low for my purposes lately. I need a card with no foreign transaction fees. I have 2 bills I have to pay in British pounds (tuition and medical) which will put me over pretty much any spend. Ideally, I would do a platinum amex but the university only takes visa and Mastercard so I'm stuck with those. I will have an immediate need (in April) for a flight from London to the States so I value any travel rewards. I'm thinking either a capitol one or a chase BA card. Any thoughts?
When was the last time you opened a Chase business card? It seems that they are giving higher credit limits, P2 was just approved for the CIC with a $7,500 CL. But I think the CIP is the only ink card that doesn’t have a FTF.

Hilton Tokyo Bay went down to 45k a night for my stay. I was able to edit my res and get the new point total. Super easy. And 36k saved.

I know they aren't related but australia opening for tourists is giving me hope for Japan end of aug.

Thanks! Went and redid mine even enough I'm not holding out much hope for June.

It was a bit weird. I could see the points back in my account right away, but the system didn't seem to recognize it. Even logging out or different browsers. Took maybe 5 minutes before I could get it to work.

I'm trying to apply for the US Bank Business Leverage card. The business ID is in the form of an EIN and won't change to the SSN format. It says you can use a SSN and I've chosen Sole Proprietorship. Has anyone used a SSN in the EIN format and been automatically approved?
The formatting is just visual, it's the same number of digits in both so your SSN will just look a little funny with the single dash. It'll process just the same. On the back end I doubt they have a dash in either one and it's just a string of digits.

BIG question about this -- if I'm buying A/C equipment for my s/o's HVAC company (I have a desk job so it's easy to pop online and order things randomly throughout the day) and he's paying me back for it - does that constitute as "selling" for a biz card?

Many in the churning world have a side business or "business." Sounds like more of a "business" to me, which is very common. Here's a step by step guide to applying for a business card (Chase example), which will familiarize you with the questions asked.

How could you do the status match without the card number? Barclays wouldn’t let me set up an online account without the card number, which I figured was step 1.
Also, I just checked my Wyndham account, and it still shows me as Wyndham Blue, so no luck doing the match through there. Thanks for any tips!

I already had a Wyndam Account. They sent me an email telling me I was now Diamond and had a link I would Status Match to Caesars. So, I did that.

When was the last time you opened a Chase business card? It seems that they are giving higher credit limits, P2 was just approved for the CIC with a $7,500 CL. But I think the CIP is the only ink card that doesn’t have a FTF.
I could do another CIP (mine is a littleless that one year IIRC... or maybe have DH do it. He hasn't had one in over 2 years. Thanks. $7500 would work for me.

The Cap one venture x may work for you. I got a $30,000 CL and my 26 yr old DD got a $20,000 CL. No foreign transaction fees.

Thanks! Went and redid mine even enough I'm not holding out much hope for June.

It was a bit weird. I could see the points back in my account right away, but the system didn't seem to recognize it. Even logging out or different browsers. Took maybe 5 minutes before I could get it to work.

Did you cancel it or modify it? I had been cancelling and it takes like 10 min to be able to rebook but someone here (sorry I forget who) mentioned modifying the existing res which is what I did. On the app I hit the edit and it took me to the room choices and had the 45k per night as an option. Clicked it, confirmed and it was all done. Super easy and way less stressful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter