• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL REMINDER - I'll clear off the old threads when I have time this weekend. Thanks!

1/3/2022 - DISchurners Announcement - THREAD REFRESH IN PROCESS!

I'VE REFRESHED ALL MAIN PAGE THREADS ON DISCHURNERS INCLUDING:
  • News and Discussion Thread
  • Advanced Strategies and Loopholes Discussion
  • Manufactured Spend Discussion
  • What Card Should I Get Next (for ADVANCED questions)
This also means it's time for everybody's favorite event...the semi-annual refresh of the SUPPORT Link Threads. Chase, Amex & Misc Support Link threads have been refreshed!
As a reminder - ANYBODY is welcome to share their support links in these threads. The instructions are at the top of each one.

For those that have previously posted, the easiest way to move them over is:
1) Go to your OLD comment in the OLD thread (you'll see the old threads listed near the bottom of the DISchurners feed)
2) Click EDIT
3) COPY the entire comment text in the edit box
4) PASTE the comment text as a NEW comment in the NEW thread (you'll find the new threads near the top of the feed)
5) CHECK all links to make sure they are active and working and make sure that your description of the offer matches the actual offer!
You do NOT need to delete your old comment when done, you can just leave it in that thread.

This process will help you not have to re-do all your formatting.
Side Note: Many find it easiest to access DISchurners in old reddit. (https://old.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/)

Side Note 2: I would also advise that you check to make sure that all of your links are accurate and working!!

I will post reminders for this over the next week or so and will then remove the old threads with only the new threads remaining.

One more general reminder, reddit flags many support links as spam. I then go in and manually approve them. I will keep an eye on that as we conduct the refresh and approve them all as quickly as possible! :D

Question about combining Chase URs. DH's business accounts are on a diff login than his personal. In the past, I was able to combine his business points to his reserve. However, a while back he had some fraud on his card, we got a new personal card and so I need to add this personal one back on the "combine" page. But...I don't see how to do that anymore. There's no place to add a new card or add a "household member." I'm stumped, hope I'm just overlooking it and they haven't shut it down :( Here's a screen shot. He has 2 biz cards and those are the ones showing up. I don't see how to add the Reserve so I can combine them to that card.

Question about combining Chase URs. DH's business accounts are on a diff login than his personal. In the past, I was able to combine his business points to his reserve. However, a while back he had some fraud on his card, we got a new personal card and so I need to add this personal one back on the "combine" page. But...I don't see how to do that anymore. There's no place to add a new card or add a "household member." I'm stumped, hope I'm just overlooking it and they haven't shut it down :( Here's a screen shot. He has 2 biz cards and those are the ones showing up. I don't see how to add the Reserve so I can combine them to that card.

View attachment 638592
You can try asking via SM first. If that doesn't work you will have to call. I have had failure and success with SM. I have called to do it also.

View attachment 638592
For some of us that link disappeared. You’re still able to do it, it just requires an SM or phone call. It’s definitely a PIA.

View attachment 638592

They took away the ability to add an account to combine for everyone. You can SM or call and ask them to combine points. Once they do it, hopefully the link is then established and you can do it yourself in the future. That works for me, but I think it hasn't worked for some.

They took away the ability to add an account to combine for everyone. You can SM or call and ask them to combine points. Once they do it, hopefully the link is then established and you can do it yourself in the future. That works for me, but I think it hasn't worked for some.
That didn't work for me, there was no new link added. I have to call or SM each time.

Yes you could use it anywhere except for Bice and it does allow you to use for Room Service. Also we missed Breakfast since we were still in the park on Checkout day and I swear that the breakfast credit of $34 per person rolled to our lunch charge at the pool based on our final charges.
Thank you for the info.

ad failure and success with SM. I have called to do it als
For some of us that link disappeared. You’re still able to do it, it just requires an SM or phone call. It’s definitely a PIA.
That didn't work for me, there was no new link added. I have to call or SM each time.

Well dang that is a pain, esp since it's DHs account/cards. He will not want to call in. I'll try the SM route first. Thanks all!

are those different offers than the ones that come up like save 10% at starbucks etc. if so, where would they be? 6 chase cards between us, didn't see anything more useful

This might not be news to anyone, but I was on a SW flight recently and when logged into Southwestwifi.com, I clicked the link to Chase credit cards and they provided an offer different than the public offer, 50k pts, $2kmsr/3 mos. The offer was then emailed to me and there's a few weeks to apply. I am not in the market but if anyone is flying soon and is still planning on another SW card, might consider this.

View attachment 638347

This is the "standard" in-flight offer. It's been around continuously for a couple years now. You may also be able to pull it up at the airport. Definitely the better offer when they aren't having a promo. It's good to know that it's still around!

View attachment 638592
If you aren't set on having separate biz and personal accounts you can also combine his two accounts and you can transfer between them online again. There's an option in the account menus to link another account, so you can do it all yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter